Unemployment Way Down to 9.7 Percent.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Sadly according to the federal information mill, enough people dropped out of the Labor Force that Unemployment is plummeting.

The American Sheeple will believe anything.

Sadly according to the federal information mill, enough people dropped out of the Labor Force that Unemployment is plummeting.

On the surface, people are dancing and the admninistration will be whooping it up for a couple of days.

In reality, 20K jobs were lost so a .03% drop in unemployment simpoly means that 3% of those that are unemployed gave up looking or their unemployemnt benefits expired.

Sadly, a drop in unemployment coupled with any increase in jobs lost is a very bad scenario....morale is slipping quickly.

Interesting to see how the administratioin spins it. I hope they spin it in an effort to boost morale and not in an effort to make themselves look like heroes.

Since Libs will say Obama helped the numbers get to this low mark of 9.7... I guess everything that happens from here is on Obama... right?

I doubt it. They will both claim this was his doing and then deny that he had anything to do with the next negative report.

Truly some ignorant and dishonest people.

Since Libs will say Obama helped the numbers get to this low mark of 9.7... I guess everything that happens from here is on Obama... right?

I doubt it. They will both claim this was his doing and then deny that he had anything to do with the next negative report.

Truly some ignorant and dishonest people.

There is no "anyone doing" with these numbers.
20K more unemployemnt claims....yet unemployment down 3%.
Simply means more people lost hope or unemployment benefits terminated.....a very very small number actually went off unemployment with a job per these numbers....if any at all.

There is no question the stimulus is working. Imagine what the unemployment rate would be if the stimulus had been $2 trillion. I'm guessing around 9.6%.

Labor Force
December 2009: 153,059,000
January 2010: 153,170,000

So what math are you using? The Labor Force went UP.

problem is how the Dept of Labor uses two separate surveys and calls it one report

9.7 is from the household survey, jobs lost data is from the business survey, there is no way to reconcile the two as is trying to be done here

Which does not fly in the face of reason: People were apparently being hired, if not yet paid, in recent weeks.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

There were genuine decreases in unemployment, possibly reflecting the manufacturing and temp help increases of the separate survey!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Light skinned people with no negro dialect: Still better off(?)! Illegals now find work, again!)

Last edited:
U6 unemployment fell 17.3 to 16.5

but drops in both U3 (the 9.7 figure) and U6 both due to seasonal adjustments, unseasonably adjusted data was ugly

Listen to Republcians, since Obama has been president for a year, the economy, the two wars, the cleanup of Katrina, 9/11, the Supreme Court decision, unemployment, the banks, are all the fault of Obama. After all, he's been president for a whole year.

Listen to Republcians, since Obama has been president for a year, the economy, the two wars, the cleanup of Katrina, 9/11, the Supreme Court decision, unemployment, the banks, are all the fault of Obama. After all, he's been president for a whole year.

I just love the fact that obama stands for truth, justice and the american way.......oh that was superman.

The Bush Administration had created the January, 2009, unemployment rate of 7.7% because it hated Americans. It had even sent Americans off to die, basis-free, not exactly defending New York City: From Saudi attacks(?)!

Anyone would have guessed that the 19 dead no-accounts were actually fanatics: But America-hating Republicans knew better than to not hate-Americans--sending them off to die, and on and on.

The .3% unemployment rate drop is actually 13% of the way back to that--even now!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(And actually, it's all very legal!)

Last edited:
Labor Force
December 2009: 153,059,000
January 2010: 153,170,000

So what math are you using? The Labor Force went UP.

Pinko, you never can keep up with reality, can you? What is the population? How much has it increased in the past month? How many people came of age in the past month? How many immigrants did we have in the last month?

As always, nobody takes the government numbers seriously. Remember the Obama motto, "Any Lie at Any Time to serve Any Purpose."

Do you honestly believe that the REAL labor force went up, or do you believe that the fake labor force went up? Do you believe anything, or just the lies of the Obama administration?

Or is your propensity to support the most dishonest administration in American history just an act for the fun of it?

When it is all bullshit does anybody believe anything that the government puts out? I don't.

Three tenths of a percent does not equal "way down"

He's being sarcastic.
Thanks, Toro. I bought into SPY today when the Dow was down about 140. For a while there I thought I had made a mistake, but by the end of the day I realized I did the right thing. I am long for the weekend, which I seldom do. Good Lord, I hope Israel does not nuke Iran this weekend.

Everything is fine, the parking lots at the mall are pretty full.

Well, sure they are, people aren't working, where else are they gonna go???:lol::lol::lol: Why don't you take a walk through one and see if anyone is carrying anything in a bag that they actually purchased or not. I think that would be a better indicator.:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back