Under Obama,U.S. Unemployment Worse Than Mexico...

Second part...
Obama promised 8% unemployment--worst case--if we passed the stimulus.

You should be old enough to know shit happens and promises are not always kept. Bush pass a stimulus before Obama. It may not be 8% but a hell of lot better then 20% if not for the stimulus. Would have been better is GOP governors had all accepted the money and those that did take is had not used it for Puerco. California asked for more it was working so well. I still see it working here in Nevada.:eusa_hand::cuckoo:

Yea when Mexico starts laughing at you,it's all over. Time for real change. Hopefully this will happen in 2012.

Well the number they are reporting are the ones still drawing an unemployment check, once your benefits run out you are scrubbed from the roster, so yeah the real number is way higher.

Where do people get this nonsense from?

Neither US nor Mexico has ever based Unemployment rate calculations on UI benefits. Especially since Mexico doesn't have Unemployement insurance (except Mexico City and maybe a couple of other larger cities).

The reason Mexico consistantly has a lower UE rate than the US is because they don't have UI benefits. Therefore, if you're out of a job, you have to do something, anything to make ends meet. This means day labor, selling crap on the street, odd jobs, etc. But since any work at all for pay puts you in the "employed" category, that lowers the UE rate.

This is no secret....I was talking about this with Mexican bureaucrats 10 years ago, trying to figure out how to handle the problem that their UE rates don't reflect reality.

What the fuck are you talking about? I was talking about the unemployment numbers here in the US not Mexico.:cuckoo:

What the fuck are you talking about? I was talking about the unemployment numbers here in the US not Mexico.:cuckoo:
And the US unemployment rate has NEVER been bases on UI benefits. You're simply not telling the truth when you say people are no longer counted when they run out...it's not a factor at all.

And the US unemployment rate has NEVER been bases on UI benefits. You're simply not telling the truth when you say people are no longer counted when they run out...it's not a factor at all.

So when someones unemployment runs out, they no longer count as unemployed right?:cuckoo:

Mexico has more jobs because our leaders libs/cons both helped drive companies out of the US and made it much more profitable to do business in Mexico. Look at GE, billions in income no taxes. Obama reward their CEO with a cushy job on some dumb ass committee. One thing for sure about Obama is that he has not idea how to pay off the federal debt but he sure knows how to pay off his contributors.

So when someones unemployment runs out, they no longer count as unemployed right?:cuckoo:

Wrong. If you're not working, and have looked for a job in the last month, you're unemployed. Doesn't matter if you've ever been eligible for benefits or if you've even had a job before.

Wrong. If you're not working, and have looked for a job in the last month, you're unemployed. Doesn't matter if you've ever been eligible for benefits or if you've even had a job before.

Thats basically what I said, I said the numbers the government are reporting are the ones still currently drawing unemployment. Once your benefits run out and you are no longer drawing a check, you are scrubbed from the roster, so our unemployment numbers are much higher than what is shown.

Thats basically what I said, I said the numbers the government are reporting are the ones still currently drawing unemployment. Once your benefits run out and you are no longer drawing a check, you are scrubbed from the roster, so our unemployment numbers are much higher than what is shown.
iIt's the opposite of what you said. Are you seriously that stupid? The unemployment rate reported is NOT based on those collecting benefits. You are counted as unemployed after benefits run out or even if you've never collected. There is no "roster" used for the UE rate...the numbers come from a survey.

Mexico has more jobs because our leaders libs/cons both helped drive companies out of the US and made it much more profitable to do business in Mexico. Look at GE, billions in income no taxes. Obama reward their CEO with a cushy job on some dumb ass committee. One thing for sure about Obama is that he has not idea how to pay off the federal debt but he sure knows how to pay off his contributors.
The $45 billion down to $1 billion Mexicans send back to Mexico each year is the 2nd in it's economy under oil. It helps to create jobs in Mexico.

More Car Jobs Shift to Mexico
U.S. production may decline over the next decade, despite the bailout
By Thomas Black
The Obama Administration spent more than $80 billion last year to prop up General Motors and Chrysler in a controversial effort to save millions of American manufacturing jobs. Both car companies have since stabilized, and business is also looking up at Ford Motor (F). Yet as they map out their investment plans in the year ahead, the U.S. auto companies will likely put most of their new jobs and plant capacity in Mexico, not the U.S., auto analysts predict.

Moves to Mexico may speed up as Chrysler and GM pay back government bailout money and the political scrutiny they face eases, says Michael Robinet, vice-president of global forecasting for CSM Worldwide in Northville, Mich. The reason isn't hard to fathom. GM workers in Mexico earn wages and benefits of 340 pesos a day ($26.40) on average, or less than $4 an hour, says Tereso Medina, head of the union for GM's 5,000 workers in Saltillo, a city about 180 miles (300 kilometers) south of the Texas border, where one in four Mexican autos is produced. GM and Ford workers in the U.S. earn about $55 an hour with benefits.

More Car Jobs Shift to Mexico - BusinessWeek

Lower Unemployment,Much less Debt,and much better GDP Growth? So what is Mexico doing right? Maybe The One should head South and find out. It sure couldn't hurt at this point.

Lower Unemployment,Much less Debt,and much better GDP Growth? So what is Mexico doing right? Maybe The One should head South and find out. It sure couldn't hurt at this point.

If we are at the point where we are looking at Mexico for advice, we are totally fucked.:(

Yea i hear ya. But the numbers say they are doing better than us. So The One may have to suck it up and head down there to find out what they're doing right. It is what it is.

If we are at the point where we are looking at Mexico for advice, we are totally fucked.:(

Yea i hear ya. But the numbers say they are doing better than us. So The One may have to suck it up and head down there to find out what they're doing right. It is what it is.

Wow that is so embarassing.:evil:

Unemployment worse than Mexico? so why do we get so many illegals coming here if their job situation is better down there?

It appears many are moving back. It could be that they pay takes in Mexico and not in America! Parts of America resemble Mexico.

Also there unemployment rate is lower because they export all their poor to America and the cowardly politicians protect the illegals!

it is time to stop the insanity in Washington D.C. somehow, someway. Mexico should not be getting hundreds of millions of dollars in US aid.

Better Lives for Mexicans Cut Allure of Going North

20110623-IMMIGRATION-slide-OYZ1-jumbo.jpg

AGUA NEGRA, Mexico — The extraordinary Mexican migration that delivered millions of illegal immigrants to the United States over the past 30 years has sputtered to a trickle, and research points to a surprising cause: unheralded changes in Mexico that have made staying home more attractive.

A growing body of evidence suggests that a mix of developments — expanding economic and educational opportunities, rising border crime and shrinking families — are suppressing illegal traffic as much as economic slowdowns or immigrant crackdowns in the United States.

Here in the red-earth highlands of Jalisco, one of Mexico’s top three states for emigration over the past century, a new dynamic has emerged. For a typical rural family like the Orozcos, heading to El Norte without papers is no longer an inevitable rite of passage. Instead, their homes are filling up with returning relatives; older brothers who once crossed illegally are awaiting visas; and the youngest Orozcos are staying put.

“I’m not going to go to the States because I’m more concerned with my studies,” said Angel Orozco, 18. Indeed, at the new technological institute where he is earning a degree in industrial engineering, all the students in a recent class said they were better educated than their parents — and that they planned to stay in Mexico rather than go to the United States.

Douglas S. Massey, co-director of the Mexican Migration Project at Princeton, an extensive, long-term survey in Mexican emigration hubs, said his research showed that interest in heading to the United States for the first time had fallen to its lowest level since at least the 1950s. “No one wants to hear it, but the flow has already stopped,” Mr. Massey said, referring to illegal traffic. “For the first time in 60 years, the net traffic has gone to zero and is probably a little bit negative.”

The decline in illegal immigration, from a country responsible for roughly 6 of every 10 illegal immigrants in the United States, is stark. The Mexican census recently discovered four million more people in Mexico than had been projected, which officials attributed to a sharp decline in emigration.

American census figures analyzed by the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center also show that the illegal Mexican population in the United States has shrunk and that fewer than 100,000 illegal border-crossers and visa-violators from Mexico settled in the United States in 2010, down from about 525,000 annually from 2000 to 2004. Although some advocates for more limited immigration argue that the Pew studies offer estimates that do not include short-term migrants, most experts agree that far fewer illegal immigrants have been arriving in recent years.

For Mexicans Looking North, a New Calculus Favors Home - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back