Under Bush US's 400 richest doubled their wealth

It is the job of OUR Government to protect the American people, from Fraud, from usery, from monopolies, from gouging, from loan sharks....from malfeasance of any kind...perpetrated against the American people by business or another individual.

Do you realize how stupid that makes people ?

no it doesn't make people stupid, unless you BLAME THE VICTIM of crime on the victim....?

It is the job of OUR Government to protect the American people, from Fraud, from usery, from monopolies, from gouging, from loan sharks....from malfeasance of any kind...perpetrated against the American people by business or another individual.

no it doesn't make people stupid, unless you BLAME THE VICTIM of crime on the victim....?

Yes it does. It is yet another attempt to absolve people of responsibility which is not beneficial to any society in the long run. I blame the victim when they prematurely decided to claim to victim status. If what happens to you is unpreventable then you are a victim, but generally people are quick to relinquish control they don't realize or won't admit to having in favor of the easy solution; let someone else deal with it for me.

Last edited:

Yes it does. It is yet another attempt to absolve people of responsibility which is not beneficial to any society in the long run.

sorry bern, i call BULLCRAP on what u just said....under your reasoning, there should be no laws against murder or robbery or burglary or rape or theft or etc....why would business get a free pass on their crimes?

Yes it does. It is yet another attempt to absolve people of responsibility which is not beneficial to any society in the long run.

sorry bern, i call BULLCRAP on what u just said....under your reasoning, there should be no laws against murder or robbery or burglary or rape or theft or etc....why would business get a free pass on their crimes?

Actually no my reasoning does not say that at all, much as you might like it to. You are trying to pass off a pretty weak and disengenuous analogy. That someone being raped is somehow analogous to a company trying to take advantge of a consumer. In the later the consumer has far more power over the situation then what you are apparently willing to admit to. Short of outright lieing to the consumer (which is illegal) I fail to see why the consumer does not bare a level of responsibility in understanding what they are consuming.

that's another question that apparently sojme are unwilling to answer as it has remained unanswered for several posts. Many of you have clearly determined what everyone else's responsibilities are. What is YOUR responsibility as a consumer or laborer?

Last edited:
Funny how just a month ago the right was defending the assholes who gave tehmselves bonuses?

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Are you begining to get it?

Capital gains made up 63 percent of the richest 400 Americans’ adjusted gross income in 2006, or a combined $66.1 billion, according to the data. In all, the 400 wealthiest Americans reported a combined $105.3 billion of adjusted gross income in 2006, the most recent year for which the IRS has data.

“The big explosion in income for this group is clearly on the capital gains side, although there are also sharp increases in dividend and interest income,” said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic Policy and Research in Washington.

This is who the republican party is defending

Capital gains made up 63 percent of the richest 400 Americans’ adjusted gross income in 2006, or a combined $66.1 billion, according to the data. In all, the 400 wealthiest Americans reported a combined $105.3 billion of adjusted gross income in 2006, the most recent year for which the IRS has data.

“The big explosion in income for this group is clearly on the capital gains side, although there are also sharp increases in dividend and interest income,” said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic Policy and Research in Washington.

Kill the greedy kulaks, eh comrade?

Actually no my reasoning does not say that at all, much as you might like it to. You are trying to pass off a pretty weak and disengenuous analogy. That someone being raped is somehow analogous to a company trying to take advantge of a consumer. In the later the consumer has far more power over the situation then what you are apparently willing to admit to. Short of outright lieing to the consumer (which is illegal) I fail to see why the consumer does not bare a level of responsibility in understanding what they are consuming.

that's another question that apparently sojme are unwilling to answer as it has remained unanswered for several posts. Many of you have clearly determined what everyone else's responsibilities are. What is YOUR responsibility as a consumer or laborer?
Problem is cons are stupid. Proven by studies. And they simply post what they want to believe and what they are told by fox and other sources puting out dogma that they want to believe.

Sad

thread_resurrection.gif

Kill the greedy kulaks, eh comrade?
You have the misguided idea that progressives are against wealth. They are not. the problem is the distribution of wealth. If you were to study the subject, you would find it is a really bad thing, typically signalling the end of economic leadership of a nation.
On the other hand, if you just accept repub dogma, you will think it is a good thing. And I am sure that you will. After all, that whole study thing is such a bother, when you can simply have your conservative leaders tell you the way it is.

Last edited:

Awesome. Now we just have to wait for them to create the jobs. When do you think that will happen?

I have never understood what some people have against the rich. I'll probably never be super rich but I hope to do ok and I sure don't want some helpful wealth redistribution plan to punish me for being successful by giving what I worked for to someone that didn't.

You'll never have much wealth to redistribute, don't worry.

Awesome. Now we just have to wait for them to create the jobs. When do you think that will happen?

the 2nd of never

Maybe if the right stopped trashing any good economic news that comes along the recovery would nave been even stronger than is it.

I have never understood what some people have against the rich. I'll probably never be super rich but I hope to do ok and I sure don't want some helpful wealth redistribution plan to punish me for being successful by giving what I worked for to someone that didn't.
...When an industry makes a profit... ...it has been almost all funneled to the top...
No it hasn't. Nation wide for every dollar a corporation makes in profit it pays more in taxes and ten times as much in wages.
corpbals.png

If you really think more of the wealth people create should go to feed the poor, then you can make it happen by creating wealth yourself and donating all you want.

It's a free country.

...When an industry makes a profit... ...it has been almost all funneled to the top...
No it hasn't. Nation wide for every dollar a corporation makes in profit it pays more in taxes and ten times as much in wages.
corpbals.png

If you really think more of the wealth people create should go to feed the poor, then you can make it happen by creating wealth yourself and donating all you want.

It's a free country.

Is the CEO's and Vice President's etc salary included in that?

Enron thrived under Bubba Bill Clinton. The Dot-Com stocks inflated during Clinton's crooked administration. One of the FBI's 10 most wanted and the most notorious corporate pirate in history up until that time was pardoned in exchange for a couple of bucks donated to Clinton's sleazy library and the guy who arranged the pardon was none other than the gun-running Obama A.G., Eric Holder.

Forum List

Back