Under Bush US's 400 richest doubled their wealth

This is who the republican party is defending

Kill the greedy kulaks, eh comrade?
You have the misguided idea that progressives are against wealth. They are not. the problem is the distribution of wealth. If you were to study the subject, you would find it is a really bad thing, typically signalling the end of economic leadership of a nation.
On the other hand, if you just accept repub dogma, you will think it is a good thing. And I am sure that you will. After all, that whole study thing is such a bother, when you can simply have your conservative leaders tell you the way it is.
Wealth is earned, not distributed, tovarich.

...When an industry makes a profit... ...it has been almost all funneled to the top...
No it hasn't. Nation wide for every dollar a corporation makes in profit it pays more in taxes and ten times as much in wages.
corpbals.png

If you really think more of the wealth people create should go to feed the poor, then you can make it happen by creating wealth yourself and donating all you want. It's a free country.
Is the CEO's and Vice President's etc salary included in that?
Ah, I'll take that to mean you've got no interest in starting a business of your own and giving the profits to charity. I sure do understand, because that's what I'm doing and it's not only a lot of work, but while I'm doing it I have to put up with clowns on these threads complaining that I get all these profits that I can donate as I see fit.

...Have you stopped your own income yet?
where did all this wealth come from?
Ah, we now agree income's good now. NEAT!! Now we can all be happy that rich people doubled their wealth ten years ago and lets hope the good times return soon. As to your question, I'm not sure where your wealth came from but we all know wealth's created lots of ways. One guy can get rich writing a beautiful song, someone else figuring out a cure for a disease, and some other guy makes a bunch of touchdowns at the super bowl.

Creating wealth is good. We need more, not less.

Forum List

Back