Unbelievable.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
In researching where fire ants came from, because I knew they were an invasive species, I discovered something that's quietly been swept under the rag for many obvious reasons.

The fire ants were spreading so fast from Alabama that the federal government decided to use World War II bombers to spray deadly pesticides over the entire South.....(Jump to 2:45) basically all the states between Texas and the Carolinas.

To make a long story short we'll never know the extent of the damage from that genius idea but, it turns out most of the poison they sprayed killed everything but fire ants and made them worse.

I stepped on a small fire ant hill once in Grand Prairie, TX once, back in the 80's. Didn't even know I was standing in it until I felt the little bastards stinging the hell out of my legs.

I came out of those pants pretty quick. :laughing0301:
They usually catch you when you least expect it because you're busy looking for snakes and wasps.

I stepped on a small fire ant hill once in Grand Prairie, TX once, back in the 80's. Didn't even know I was standing in it until I felt the little bastards stinging the hell out of my legs.

I came out of those pants pretty quick. :laughing0301:

Me and a buddy had taken some Mandrax and were wrestling in his front yard.
Unfortunately we didn't realise we were wrestling in a large fire ant mound....until the next day.
We were both covered in bites. For me it's not the bites it's the itching that comes after.

Forum List

Back