Unbelievable

So what if he goes on talk shows. There is nothing unconstitutional about it. There is nothing undignified about it, unless he carries himself in such a manner, or allows himself or the office to be disgraced.

How about we focus on the truly meaningless aspects of his Presidency? That is far more productive.

Obama is spending way too much time on television. He's acting more like a salesman vs a sitting President. Right now he's on the Letterman show.

Eventually--even if you like the guy--Americans will grow weary of all of his sitings. They will start to wonder, like myself--why isn't he in committee hamering out problems.

He's campaigning, which seems to be the only thing he can do well. This all started with Clinton as a candidate going on some TV show and blowing his sax. That one move revived his campaign, which was trailing badly. That started a whole bunch of TV appearances by candidates etc.

So what if he goes on talk shows. There is nothing unconstitutional about it. There is nothing undignified about it, unless he carries himself in such a manner, or allows himself or the office to be disgraced.

How about we focus on the truly meaningless aspects of his Presidency? That is far more productive.

Obama is spending way too much time on television. He's acting more like a salesman vs a sitting President. Right now he's on the Letterman show.

Eventually--even if you like the guy--Americans will grow weary of all of his sitings. They will start to wonder, like myself--why isn't he in committee hamering out problems.

He's campaigning, which seems to be the only thing he can do well. This all started with Clinton as a candidate going on some TV show and blowing his sax. That one move revived his campaign, which was trailing badly. That started a whole bunch of TV appearances by candidates etc.

Politicians on TV...
What is this world coming to???

Bush was on Rush Limbaugh.....but I guess radio doesn't count

The sitting President goes on a talk show. What next will he star in his own movie?

Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

This guy is so lost and pathetic it is not funny anymore.

Ohh and MY complaint has NOTHING what so ever to do with skin color, so go pound sand if you are going to claim that. Being as that is the first line of defense you loons use on every issue, I just figured I would stop you cold on it.

His policies suck, his instincts suck, his choices for important Government positions prove he has poor judgement. This guy is a complete failure and is now trying to win over people by charm alone. Something he knows worked in the election.

He sullies the position of the President by his attempts to drum up support.

he is a mere puppet of the far left. he has knots in his strings.

BGG has a point, but tradition dictates that Presidents usually don't do that kinda stuff.

I guess that was a part of "Change," haha. That Presidents don't have to be as "traditional" as others...

i posted this on another thread but it goes well here too, he is not the first to appear on a comedy tv show
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCp8Edp4pfo]YouTube - Dick Nixon-Laugh In[/ame]

...tradition dictates that Presidents usually don't do that kinda stuff.

Let's see if you are correct:

George Washington...did not appear on a talk show
John Adams...did not appear on a talk show
Thomas Jefferson...did not appear on a talk show
James Madison...did not appear on a talk show
James Monroe...did not appear on a talk show
John Quincy Adams...did not appear on a talk show
Andrew Jackson...did not appear on a talk show
Martin Van Buren...did not appear on a talk show
William Henry Harrison...did not appear on a talk show
John Tyler...did not appear on a talk show
James K. Polk...did not appear on a talk show
Zachary Taylor...did not appear on a talk show
Millard Fillmore...did not appear on a talk show
Franklin Pierce...did not appear on a talk show
James Buchanan...did not appear on a talk show
Abraham Lincoln...did not appear on a talk show
Andrew Johnson...did not appear on a talk show
Ulysses S. Grant...did not appear on a talk show
Rutherford B. Hayes...did not appear on a talk show
James A. Garfield...did not appear on a talk show
Chester A. Arthur...did not appear on a talk show
Grover Cleveland...did not appear on a talk show
Benjamin Harrison...did not appear on a talk show
Grover Cleveland (part deux)...did not appear on a talk show
William McKinley...did not appear on a talk show
Theodore Roosevelt...did not appear on a talk show
William Howard Taft...did not appear on a talk show
Woodrow Wilson...did not appear on a talk show
Warren G. Harding...did not appear on a talk show
Calvin Coolidge...did not appear on a talk show
Herbert Hoover...did not appear on a talk show
Franklin D. Roosevelt...did not appear on a talk show
Harry S. Truman...did not appear on a talk show
Dwight D. Eisenhower...did not appear on a talk show
John F. Kennedy...did not appear on a talk show
Lyndon B. Johnson...did not appear on a talk show
Richard Nixon...did not appear on a talk show
Gerald Ford...did not appear on a talk show
Jimmy Carter...did not appear on a talk show
Ronald Reagan...did not appear on a talk show
George H. W. Bush...did not appear on a talk show
Bill Clinton...did not appear on a talk show
George W. Bush...did not appear on a talk show

Yep...you're right.

NIxon went on Laugh-in.

Indeed he did. You beat me to it.

The sitting President goes on a talk show. What next will he star in his own movie?

Ohh and MY complaint has NOTHING what so ever to do with skin color, so go pound sand if you are going to claim that. Being as that is the first line of defense you loons use on every issue, I just figured I would stop you cold on it.

His policies suck, his instincts suck, his choices for important Government positions prove he has poor judgement. This guy is a complete failure and is now trying to win over people by charm alone. Something he knows worked in the election.

Anyone else notice how Gunny cuts and runs from his threads???:eusa_whistle:

His inexperience is showing. He is better at campaigning than making anything happen. He throws out ideas and turns it over to the far left congressional leaders to deal. When they put it on paper, it takes citizens' rights. At that point, the President comes out and accuses Americans of being "stupid, racist, yahoos", etc, all because the citizens believe that the gov should uphold the Constitution and not usurp the gov.

It would be wonderful to see this man bring some facts (printed on paper) to an arguement. Anyone can spout ideas with nothing to back them. When the President does it, it looks like ametuer hour in the white house.

His inexperience is showing. He is better at campaigning than making anything happen. He throws out ideas and turns it over to the far left congressional leaders to deal. When they put it on paper, it takes citizens' rights. At that point, the President comes out and accuses Americans of being "stupid, racist, yahoos", etc, all because the citizens believe that the gov should uphold the Constitution and not usurp the gov.

It would be wonderful to see this man bring some facts (printed on paper) to an arguement. Anyone can spout ideas with nothing to back them. When the President does it, it looks like ametuer hour in the white house.

Please quote your source for when Obama came out and called Americans "stupid, racist and yahoos".

You put that in quotes as if you lifted it verbatim from something Obama said. Got the complete quote for us? Or are you making stuff up?

BGG has a point, but tradition dictates that Presidents usually don't do that kinda stuff.

I guess that was a part of "Change," haha. That Presidents don't have to be as "traditional" as others...

i posted this on another thread but it goes well here too, he is not the first to appear on a comedy tv show
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCp8Edp4pfo]YouTube - Dick Nixon-Laugh In[/ame]

nixon wasn't in office when he appeared on laugh-in; he was a candidate.

During the September 16, 1968 episode, Richard Nixon, running for president, appeared for a few seconds with a disbelieving vocal inflection, asking "Sock it to me?" Nixon was not doused or assaulted. An invitation was extended to Nixon's opponent, Vice-President Hubert Humphrey, but he declined.[2] According to George Schlatter, the show's creator, "Humphrey later said that not doing it may have cost him the election", and "[Nixon] said the rest of his life that appearing on Laugh-In is what got him elected. And I believe that. And I've had to live with that."[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_&_Martin's_Laugh-In

Bill Clinton...did not appear on a talk show
I guess we forgot Billy's sax playing on Leno? He was a candidate then though, I think.
George W. Bush...did not appear on a talk show
Larry King?

Obama has appeared on Leno, why not Letterman? I have no problem with the CinC cutting up a little with late-night TV. There's far more serious things to worry about.

...tradition dictates that Presidents usually don't do that kinda stuff.

Let's see if you are correct:

George Washington...did not appear on a talk show
John Adams...did not appear on a talk show
Thomas Jefferson...did not appear on a talk show
James Madison...did not appear on a talk show
James Monroe...did not appear on a talk show
John Quincy Adams...did not appear on a talk show
Andrew Jackson...did not appear on a talk show
Martin Van Buren...did not appear on a talk show
William Henry Harrison...did not appear on a talk show
John Tyler...did not appear on a talk show
James K. Polk...did not appear on a talk show
Zachary Taylor...did not appear on a talk show
Millard Fillmore...did not appear on a talk show
Franklin Pierce...did not appear on a talk show
James Buchanan...did not appear on a talk show
Abraham Lincoln...did not appear on a talk show
Andrew Johnson...did not appear on a talk show
Ulysses S. Grant...did not appear on a talk show
Rutherford B. Hayes...did not appear on a talk show
James A. Garfield...did not appear on a talk show
Chester A. Arthur...did not appear on a talk show
Grover Cleveland...did not appear on a talk show
Benjamin Harrison...did not appear on a talk show
Grover Cleveland (part deux)...did not appear on a talk show
William McKinley...did not appear on a talk show
Theodore Roosevelt...did not appear on a talk show
William Howard Taft...did not appear on a talk show
Woodrow Wilson...did not appear on a talk show
Warren G. Harding...did not appear on a talk show
Calvin Coolidge...did not appear on a talk show
Herbert Hoover...did not appear on a talk show
Franklin D. Roosevelt...did not appear on a talk show
Harry S. Truman...did not appear on a talk show
Dwight D. Eisenhower...did not appear on a talk show
John F. Kennedy...did not appear on a talk show
Lyndon B. Johnson...did not appear on a talk show
Richard Nixon...did not appear on a talk show
Gerald Ford...did not appear on a talk show
Jimmy Carter...did not appear on a talk show
Ronald Reagan...did not appear on a talk show
George H. W. Bush...did not appear on a talk show
Bill Clinton...did not appear on a talk show I think he was on late nightGeorge W. Bush...did not appear on a talk show I thought he did, i could be wrong

Yep...you're right.

:clap2::razz:

Last edited:

Tis whole thing is pretty much the Obama Show. The real question we need aswered is, who is "Christof"?

Forum List

Back