UN taking control of the internet?

Just wait until they start shutting it down like their tyranical members do at times...

'One-Govt Barry' strikes again.

An Internet Giveaway to the U.N.

Between the looney left and the "GOP Establishment" anything is possible.
No. Just Drudge playing his games with you simpletons.

It's not a good idea for the US to relinquish control of the Internet, period. Most of the world does not share our views of free speech and press

Wow DT Bro. I expected better from you. If you think China and Russia will shut down the internet or some nonsense like that, then you're no better than the Drumpf wolf criers.

It's not a good idea for the US to relinquish control of the Internet, period. Most of the world does not share our views of free speech and press

Wow DT Bro. I expected better from you. If you think China and Russia will shut down the internet or some nonsense like that, then you're no better than the Drumpf wolf criers.

Shut it down? No. But Control the content and suppress dissidence? You don't think that's a real possibility?

This say it all, from your link:

If the U.S. abdicates internet stewardship, the United Nations might take control.

If, might, all speculation to sell papers.

Shut it down? No. But Control the content and suppress dissidence? You don't think that's a real possibility?

They're already doing that with filters.

What, you mean the way several countries are currently doing and have been doing for years despite U.S. control?!!

The internet will be fine. Absolutely nothing will change, except for more and more people getting access to the internet over the next decade. Don't embarrass yourself like the Trump losers DTBro.

Just wait until they start shutting it down like their tyranical members do at times...

OK I guess it's up to me to bring some clarity to this thread. ICANN is a private sector non-profit that assigns domain names (.com .net .bus. org. etc,). That's all they do. They have no power over content at all in any form. Up until now they have been regulated by the commerce dept. but for various reasons that have nothing to do with anything alarming it is being spun off to itself, not the UN or anyone else. It will continue to be based in LA and be subject to US law. Nothing to see here, the only difference you will ever notice is that new domains may soon be rendered in any of the world's alphabets rather than just ours.

OK I guess it's up to me to bring some clarity to this thread. ICANN is a private sector non-profit that assigns domain names (.com .net .bus. org. etc,). That's all they do. They have no power over content at all in any form. Up until now they have been regulated by the commerce dept. but for various reasons that have nothing to do with anything alarming it is being spun off to itself, not the UN or anyone else. It will continue to be based in LA and be subject to US law. Nothing to see here, the only difference you will ever notice is that new domains may soon be rendered in any of the world's alphabets rather than just ours.
but we don't have an alphabet, we are already using rome's.

but we don't have an alphabet, we are already using rome's.
Yes, I actually wrote "roman alphabet" and then I thought about the uneducated yokels I was talking to and changed it.

Forum List

Back