UN says Afghan hospital bombing may be war crime

Oliver King

Rookie
Jul 21, 2015
UN rights chief says air strike on MSF hospital that killed 19 is "inexcusable" as US president extends his condolences.

I wonder was it considered as an accident, if it was committed by, for example, Russia?
I think, here would not be any "maybe".
This air-strike would have been subject to severe criticism and was considered as the beginning of aggressive military actions.
America lives by double standards, as usual.

UN rights chief says air strike on MSF hospital that killed 19 is "inexcusable" as US president extends his condolences.

I wonder was it considered as an accident, if it was committed by, for example, Russia?
This air-strike would have been subject to severe criticism and was considered as the beginning of aggressive military actions.
Cite some examples if you are going to use a blanket statement.

Ha, wake up peeps. The U.S. owns the UN. The U.S. isn't held accountable for War Crimes. Only others are. It is what it is.

the u.n. :laugh2:

We should close the building and order all of them out of the u.s....

america first

america first

The U.S. won't do that. The U.S.owns the UN. The U.S. is run by NWO Globalist Elites. They want a one World Government. They have no problem ceding sovereignty to the UN. Just look at what our current President has done in that regard.

It can cede power to the UN because it serves two purposes. It brings the world closer to a one World Government, and the U.S. closer to actually ruling the world. The UN is nothing more than a U.S. Puppet.

america first

The U.S. won't do that. The U.S.owns the UN. The U.S. is run by NWO Globalist Elites. They want a one World Government. They have no problem ceding sovereignty to the UN. Just look at what our current President has done in that regard.

It can cede power to the UN because it serves two purposes. It brings the world closer to a one World Government, and the U.S. closer to actually ruling the world. The UN is nothing more than a U.S. Puppet.

I know.... You're right and I agree...this country is about finished anyway...We might have one more chance this next election to save it..

america first
America first then we need to worry about shit here and not in Afghanistan.

america first

I know.... You're right and I agree...this country is about finished anyway...We might have one more chance this next election to save it..

Yeah, it's hard to be optimistic. This current President has dragged us closer to that one World Government. He's ceded much of our sovereignty to Global Governing bodies. From destroying our Immigration System, to signing horrific trade deals that truly hurt American Workers. It's all by design. They want their New World Order.

america first

I thought we left Afghanistan? Still there and bombing hospitals? WTF??

Let them tribes kill each other, next week they just will be switching sides... Force is all they understand.

america first

Probably an accident, I don't think any USAF soldier would do this on purpose.
Why are we there, to keep the heroin trade going I guess, which now Iran spends a billion a year to try and control, kill a country from inside out. What better way with addicted druggies.

Taliban's Ban On Poppy A Success, U.S. Aides Say

By BARBARA CROSSETTE

Published: May 20, 2001

• upload_2015-10-4_14-16-22.png
  • UNITED NATIONS, May 18— The first American narcotics experts to go to Afghanistan under Taliban rule have concluded that the movement's ban on opium-poppy cultivation appears to have wiped out the world's largest crop in less than a year, officials said today.

The American findings confirm earlier reports from the United Nations drug control program that Afghanistan, which supplied about three-quarters of the world's opium and most of the heroin reaching Europe, had ended poppy planting in one season.

But the eradication of poppies has come at a terrible cost to farming families, and experts say it will not be known until the fall planting season begins whether the Taliban can continue to enforce it.

''It appears that the ban has taken effect,'' said Steven Casteel, assistant administrator for intelligence at the Drug Enforcement Administration in Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/20/world/taliban-s-ban-on-poppy-a-success-us-aides-say.html

US policy regarding the eradication of poppy fields was murky and inconsistent. As the poppy fields grew, the Taliban quietly wrestled power back in large swaths of the country, but with a new perspective on drug production and smuggling. They began to view drugs—especially heroin—as a viable source of income to help finance their fight against coalition troops. According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the Taliban made $155 million from the drug trade in 2009.

Since the US invasion of Afghanistan, opium cultivation skyrocketed by more than 2,500 percent, despite the billions of American dollars spent to combat the trade.

Heroin Warfare | VICE | United States
Tell me why we can't with our AF, we do not want to.

america first

Why are we there, to keep the heroin trade going I guess, which now Iran spends a billion a year to try and control, kill a country from inside out. What better way with addicted druggies.

By BARBARA CROSSETTE

• View attachment 51483
  • UNITED NATIONS, May 18— The first American narcotics experts to go to Afghanistan under Taliban rule have concluded that the movement's ban on opium-poppy cultivation appears to have wiped out the world's largest crop in less than a year, officials said today.

The American findings confirm earlier reports from the United Nations drug control program that Afghanistan, which supplied about three-quarters of the world's opium and most of the heroin reaching Europe, had ended poppy planting in one season.

But the eradication of poppies has come at a terrible cost to farming families, and experts say it will not be known until the fall planting season begins whether the Taliban can continue to enforce it.

''It appears that the ban has taken effect,'' said Steven Casteel, assistant administrator for intelligence at the Drug Enforcement Administration in Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/20/world/taliban-s-ban-on-poppy-a-success-us-aides-say.html

US policy regarding the eradication of poppy fields was murky and inconsistent. As the poppy fields grew, the Taliban quietly wrestled power back in large swaths of the country, but with a new perspective on drug production and smuggling. They began to view drugs—especially heroin—as a viable source of income to help finance their fight against coalition troops. According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the Taliban made $155 million from the drug trade in 2009.

Since the US invasion of Afghanistan, opium cultivation skyrocketed by more than 2,500 percent, despite the billions of American dollars spent to combat the trade.

Accident or not, it's still an atrocity. Will the U.S. be held accountable?

america first

By BARBARA CROSSETTE

• View attachment 51483

We should be, what are we still dong there is beside me. Oh wait I know, the Taliban is now growing poppies and making money. Can't have that. We were pro Taliban all the way up till we found out that they destroyed all the poppy fields.

america first

By BARBARA CROSSETTE

• View attachment 51483

We should be, what are we still dong there is beside me. Oh wait I know, the Taliban is now growing poppies and making money. Can't have that. We were pro Taliban all the way up till we found out that they destroyed all the poppy fields.

Interesting point. The Taliban/Al Qaeda just about eliminated the Heroin trade in Afghanistan. Now it's booming again. So what's changed in Afghanistan? Well, i'll let people figure that out for themselves.

Russia got away with taking down a passenger airliner. Your premise is flawed.

Forum List

Back