San Francisco's Last Gun Store Closing Doors For Good

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
"Our customers shouldn't be treated like they're doing something wrong."

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The only gun store in San Francisco is shuttering for good, saying it can no longer operate in the city's political climate of increased gun control regulations and vocal opposition to its business.

"It's with tremendous sadness and regret that I have to announce we are closing our shop," High Bridge Arms manager Steve Alcairo announced in a Facebook post on Sept. 11. "It has been a long and difficult ride, but a great pleasure to be your last San Francisco gun shop."

Alcairo said the breaking point came this summer when a local politician proposed a law that would require High Bridge Arms to video record every gun sale and submit a weekly report of ammunition sales to the police. If passed, the law would join several local gun control ordinances on the books in a city still scarred by the 1993 murder of eight in a downtown high-rise and the 1978 assassination of Mayor George Moscone and gay rights activist Harvey Milk.

"I'm not doing that to our customers. Enough is enough," Alcairo said. "Buying a gun is a constitutionally protected right. Our customers shouldn't be treated like they're doing something wrong."

More: San Francisco's Last Gun Store Closing Doors For Good

I consider NRA extremism the greatest threat to future gun rights. Compromise is not a dirty word - and the NRA needs to bend before it breaks by allowing sensible gun control measures like universal background checks. No sensible person should be against UBC. Joe Scarborough said it best: Extremism From "The Survivalist Wing" Of The NRA "Is The Greatest Danger To Gun Rights".

Law abiding gun owners and hunters should have nothing to fear from sensible gun control measures. I don't want to see the gun stores close in my neighborhood. Do you?

Now where will the Queers in San Fagcisco get their guns???
74684.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The only gun store in San Francisco is shuttering for good, saying it can no longer operate in the city's political climate of increased gun control regulations and vocal opposition to its business.

"It's with tremendous sadness and regret that I have to announce we are closing our shop," High Bridge Arms manager Steve Alcairo announced in a Facebook post on Sept. 11. "It has been a long and difficult ride, but a great pleasure to be your last San Francisco gun shop."

Alcairo said the breaking point came this summer when a local politician proposed a law that would require High Bridge Arms to video record every gun sale and submit a weekly report of ammunition sales to the police. If passed, the law would join several local gun control ordinances on the books in a city still scarred by the 1993 murder of eight in a downtown high-rise and the 1978 assassination of Mayor George Moscone and gay rights activist Harvey Milk.

"I'm not doing that to our customers. Enough is enough," Alcairo said. "Buying a gun is a constitutionally protected right. Our customers shouldn't be treated like they're doing something wrong."

I consider NRA extremism the greatest threat to future gun rights. Compromise is not a dirty word - and the NRA needs to bend before it breaks by allowing sensible gun control measures like universal background checks. No sensible person should be against UBC. Joe Scarborough said it best: Extremism From "The Survivalist Wing" Of The NRA "Is The Greatest Danger To Gun Rights".

Ya, now they'll have to schlep across the bay bridge to Oakland for guns. :)

Yet San Francisco has had 35 gun homicides this year so far. Good to see those gun control laws are working. :thup:

Idiots......

The illegal alien who shot Kate Steinle didn't legally purchase the gun.

Just sayin'.

There are no gun shops in Oakland. Siegle's was driven out of business in 2000 via a huge increase in taxes.

A dead city, very European like... Well they can continue be a sanctuary city for murderous illegal aliens.

I'm from the SF bay area, and lived in South City for about a year. There's no shortage of gun stores with a 30 minute driving radius.

There are no gun shops in Oakland. Siegle's was driven out of business in 2007 via a huge increase in taxes.
Can't they buy one of the guns Obozo and Holder sent to the Mexican drug dealers, if the price is right???

Legal purchasers won't, but I'll bet the criminals have already figured that angle out....

good when ya all moving there. maybe we can start up a collection

you people are some sad human beings when you CHEER the lost of jobs for others just for your own Selfish reasons

There are no gun shops in Oakland. Siegle's was driven out of business in 2007 via a huge increase in taxes.
Can't they buy one of the guns Obozo and Holder sent to the Mexican drug dealers, if the price is right???

Legal purchasers won't, but I'll bet the criminals have already figured that angle out....

Yeah, just like they've figured out how to drive a stolen, unlicensed vehicle without insurance and not wearing seat belts.

It's sadly hilarious to hear extremist gun nutters talk about the "gun grabbers" - because that may happen if they don't compromise. I cherish my gun and hunting rights - and I don't want extremist nuts to cause me to lose them. The NRA was once an honorable outfit, and I was a member for many years - until the radicals took over in 1977.

How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

In gun lore it’s known as the Revolt at Cincinnati. On May 21, 1977, and into the morning of May 22, a rump caucus of gun rights radicals took over the annual meeting of the National Rifle Association.

The rebels wore orange-blaze hunting caps. They spoke on walkie-talkies as they worked the floor of the sweltering convention hall. They suspected that the NRA leaders had turned off the air-conditioning in hopes that the rabble-rousers would lose enthusiasm.

The Old Guard was caught by surprise. The NRA officers sat up front, on a dais, observing their demise. The organization, about a century old already, was thoroughly mainstream and bipartisan, focusing on hunting, conservation and marksmanship. It taught Boy Scouts how to shoot safely. But the world had changed, and everything was more political now. The rebels saw the NRA leaders as elites who lacked the heart and conviction to fight against gun-control legislation.

More: How NRA’s true believers converted a marksmanship group into a mighty gun lobby

Last edited:
Just checked local yellow pages, can google this string and see any rumor of no gun stores in northern california's a crock of shit.

yellow pages bay area california guns

You know, I wouldn't mind background checks for buying guns if it also means we have background checks or ID cards when it comes to voting.

Forum List

Back