Ummm ... Negotiating With Terrorists? $400 Million to Iran

This is what stuck out to me.

“We all believed that Iran would pay our damages, not U.S. taxpayers,” says Stephen Flatow, a New Jersey real estate lawyer who received $24 million for the death of his 19-year-old daughter in a 1995 bus bombing in the Gaza Strip. “And now, 15 years later, we find out that they never deducted the money from the account. It makes me nauseous. The Iranians aren’t paying a cent.”
what part of that matters to you? why did it stick out to you?

The money should have been taken out of the frozen Iranian funds instead of the US taxpayer.
you may believe so, and i may believe so, but legally that wasn't an option.

Then I must assume that this was just another of the Clinton lies:

"In 2000, the Clinton administration agreed to pay the $400 million to more than a dozen Americans who had won judgments against Iran in U.S. courts. At the time, American officials assured the victims that the Treasury would be reimbursed from the seized Iranian funds.

“We all believed that Iran would pay our damages, not U.S. taxpayers,” says Stephen Flatow, a New Jersey real estate lawyer who received $24 million for the death of his 19-year-old daughter in a 1995 bus bombing in the Gaza Strip. “And now, 15 years later, we find out that they never deducted the money from the account. It makes me nauseous. The Iranians aren’t paying a cent.”

The money should have been taken out of the frozen Iranian funds instead of the US taxpayer.

Then I must assume that this was just another of the Clinton lies:

"In 2000, the Clinton administration agreed to pay the $400 million to more than a dozen Americans who had won judgments against Iran in U.S. courts. At the time, American officials assured the victims that the Treasury would be reimbursed from the seized Iranian funds.
keep reading...

Fuck your legal BS. Iran invaded sovereign US soil, asshole.

Iran should have been flipped the bird and the money given to the American survivors of Iranian tyranny.

image.jpeg

Either way, we should have packed a few of the IEDs that Iran killed 500 American soldiers into those piles of cash.

What sick logic

Legally? By what law?

funny how Democrats still think the Iran deal
is good

I think that if you look at the facts, it's the best deal we can get.

1) That 400 Million rightfully belongs to Iran. it was part of 1.7 BILLION the Iranian Government paid to the US for weapons in 1979 that were never delivered. simple thing. You either provide services and goods paid for or you return the money. It shouldn't have taken 40 years to work this out.

2) Five other countries were involved in that Iran deal. Five countries that want to do business in Iran and frankly think our sanctions are stupid. So if our options were the sanctions falling apart or rolling back the sanctions in exchange for some concessions from the Iranians, it is actually a good deal.

But since the Israelis control our politics, you'll tell yourself this is a bad deal because news organizations with a lot of people named "-Stein" and "-Berg" tell you it is.

funny how Democrats still think the Iran deal
is good

I think that if you look at the facts, it's the best deal we can get.

1) That 400 Million rightfully belongs to Iran. it was part of 1.7 BILLION the Iranian Government paid to the US for weapons in 1979 that were never delivered. simple thing. You either provide services and goods paid for or you return the money. It shouldn't have taken 40 years to work this out.

2) Five other countries were involved in that Iran deal. Five countries that want to do business in Iran and frankly think our sanctions are stupid. So if our options were the sanctions falling apart or rolling back the sanctions in exchange for some concessions from the Iranians, it is actually a good deal.

But since the Israelis control our politics, you'll tell yourself this is a bad deal because news organizations with a lot of people named "-Stein" and "-Berg" tell you it is.
The money rightfully belongs to the Iran government of 1977, dufus.

The timing and secrecy is what makes it questionable.

So secret, it was talked about extensively in this January 19 press conference.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Josh Earnest, 1/19/2016

Why did all of you Obama-haters attempt to resurrect this dead horse?

And why are you all lying about it being "secretsto "?
You fucking idiot!

I never said I hated Obama.

I am fully aware of the January press conference.

I said that some think it questionable.

You progressive Marxists love to make shit up. The problem is you truly believe the shit you make up.

I don't need you to think for me.

Forum List

Back