Ukrainians commend Zelenskyy as Supreme Commander, according to recent pol

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Sociologists noted that the level of trust in the actions of the Ukrainian president fell from 36% to 32% between November 2021 and February 2022. However, this figure reached 86% at the end of May 2023.

According to KIIS experts, this represents an immense amount of trust in the president in his military role, and highlight the following trends:

The “rally around the flag” effect increases short-run popular support of political leaders during periods of international crisis or war. As a result, a trend of disapproval of presidential actions and a decrease in trust were strong up to the middle of February 2022. These figures reversed themselves following the full-scale invasion. Currently, Zelenskyy is seen as “the right man for the job” by a majority of Ukrainian citizens, and serves as one of the foremost symbols of Ukrainian resistance to Russian aggression.

Zelenskyy shares this high level of trust with Armed Forces Commander-in-Chief Valerii Zaluzhnyi. Despite Russian propaganda efforts and the short-sighted position of some Ukrainians, this pair is believed to be a well-coordinated team, according to the poll.

KIIS conducted the poll by phone from May 26–June 5. A total of 1,029 Ukrainians were interviewed. The sampling does not include residents of the occupied territories and those who fled Ukraine after Feb. 24, 2022.

One might add, that Zelensky is lauded around the civilized world as a great leader while Putin is reviled around the civilized world as an enemy of civilization.

The old adage about boosting a President's profile by starting a war usually rings true everywhere, and in this case, since Russia started the war, his leadership will be valued even more highly. I'm not 100% sure but I heard once that an incumbent President has never lost an election when America was at war.

The old adage about boosting a President's profile by starting a war usually rings true everywhere, and in this case, since Russia started the war, his leadership will be valued even more highly. I'm not 100% sure but I heard once that an incumbent President has never lost an election when America was at war.
Only five out of 45 presidents have served only one term, so the incumbent is highly likely to win war or no war.

Forum List

Back