Ukraine crisis: US to give Kiev $200m in defense support

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hey, that's cool. It's not like we're trillions in debt or anything.

US gives Ukraine $200m in defence support

The US has announced it will give Ukraine $200m (£152m) to strengthen its defence capabilities.

In a statement, the Pentagon said the funds would be for training, communications, medical, and other non-lethal operational needs.

The US said it had given more than $1bn in defence support to Kiev since 2014.

The US has announced it will give Ukraine $200m (£152m) to strengthen its defence capabilities.

In a statement, the Pentagon said the funds would be for training, communications, medical, and other non-lethal operational needs.

Nothing like funding a bunch of Neo Nazis in the name of the US taxpayer

JW, it's our fascists against their fascists, nothing more. It keeps Trump busy with something that can't hurt us.

What happened to America first ? LOL....I swear the orange minions are the dumbest group in history....what excuse they have for this one now?

What happened to America first ? LOL....I swear the orange minions are the dumbest group in history....what excuse they have for this one now?

This is nothing new. The neocons have always been in favor of war mongering

Yeah, I'd be more in favor of it, if I knew the EU which continues to claim they don't need us, would help in the defense against Russia.

Has the EU contributed to this, or is this once again the US expected to unilaterally defend Europe again, who constantly bashes us?

Even so, this literally is something that Obama kicked the can down the road on. Unlike the sub-prime crash that neither Bush nor Obama, had any control over.... this should have been dealt with.

Regardless, it's funny how the left-wing flip flops all over the place. First we're told that Trump is a puppet of Putin, and they are best buddies. Then when Trump directly backs opposition to Russia, now the puppet claim disappears, and he is a spendthrift.

So basically no matter what he does.... he's bad, because no matter what it is, he's bad.

This is like Trump talking about MS-13, and suddenly people were defending a violent gang, because Trump is bad, and whatever he doesn't like must be good.

Trump should consistently (not when forced to by events, such as Helsinki) back opposition to Russia.

Comments about anyone defending MS-13 are ludicrous. Give us an example.

Yeah, I'd be more in favor of it, if I knew the EU which continues to claim they don't need us, would help in the defense against Russia.

Has the EU contributed to this, or is this once again the US expected to unilaterally defend Europe again, who constantly bashes us?

Even so, this literally is something that Obama kicked the can down the road on. Unlike the sub-prime crash that neither Bush nor Obama, had any control over.... this should have been dealt with.

Regardless, it's funny how the left-wing flip flops all over the place. First we're told that Trump is a puppet of Putin, and they are best buddies. Then when Trump directly backs opposition to Russia, now the puppet claim disappears, and he is a spendthrift.

So basically no matter what he does.... he's bad, because no matter what it is, he's bad.

This is like Trump talking about MS-13, and suddenly people were defending a violent gang, because Trump is bad, and whatever he doesn't like must be good.

Europe doesn't need us to defend it.

That is a matter of opinion.

Europe, with US support, commits Russia on the far edges of eastern Europe.

No excuse. It is a bad policy.

Though, I'm interested how you work "America First" into this. Are you so utterly and insanely stupid that you are implying that "America First" means never giving anything to anyone outside of America?

Or is it something even dumber?

Europe doesn't need us to defend it.

I would hope so, but given the fact they couldn't stop Russia from violating air space, or showing up in national waters, or invading the Ukraine which was on the verge of joining the EU... and when you add in the massive freak out session they have had over Trump saying NATO was outdated.......

If what you say it true.... they sure don't show it.

Another Democratically-Elected Government overthrown by the US/West. How many nations have they done that to over many years? This one's about starting another Cold War with Russia.

The MIC was getting very nervous about possibly running out of 'enemies.' It was deathly afraid that could reduce their massive budgets. Ukraine was a peaceful stable nation before the US/West illegal Coup. But Peace is bad for business. So, cue the new Cold War. Very sad.

In exchange for the Ukraine to stop any cooperation with the Mueller investigation.

Ukrainians Stop Investigating Manafort After Trump Sells Them Missiles. A Win-Win for All Involved.

Ukraine, Seeking U.S. Missiles, Halted Cooperation With Mueller Investigation

Ukraine cut off cooperation with Mueller to curry favor with Trump

This is the very definition of Quid Pro Quo.

Forum List

Back