UK slashes armed forces by 10 percent

What a piss poor reply.

ok

What do we do with the ever and ever growing numbers on welfare?

Welfare is chains, and those on it are little more than slaves. few excape, most just accept thier fate.

But hey, lets fuck the Vets over again, they are used to it, so it's OK.

It was a serious question. What would we do with them? Technically, per the Constitution, our Federal Government DOES have some resposnibility for the "general welfare" of it's citizens. So, if we eliminate all entitlement programs tomorrow, what would we do with all of the homeless?

I will assume you have never actually been poor, or even close to being on welfare, so you are totally unaware of how many opportunities are given, yes given to people on welfare to train them for a job. Since most, and I've been there, most people on welfare don't want to work, those that continue to turn away from the hand up, starve. And hunger is the greatest motivator on earth. Those that choose to starve to death, are just proving Darwin correct.

Any way, there are plenty of shelters that can take people in. They can turn to family for help. (I know, crazy idea, family helping family).

And the horrors of earning a paycheck will make many into conservatives. so it's a win - win. We get people off welfare, who don't want to be taxed to pay for welfare.

Obviously, YOU have never needed a shelter. Even with government subsidies paid to the states for such things, there are always more people than beds. Do some homework before spouting off about things you know nothing of.

Some of you really are dangerously stupid, or, like most rednecks, have ignored the bigger picture. The cuts are not only to save money; but so we can upgrade our carrier fleet.

The U.K has this year embarked on building two of the most sophisticated aircraft carriers the world has ever seen. HMS Ark Royal has been decommissioned to go towards paying for our new Elizabeth class aircraft carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales.

Granted, we'll be without naval airpower until 2019. But it's something we've got to get used to in these choppy financial waters.

But don't you worry, the U.S military will be feeling the pinch eventually. It's just that we're facing the facts before the facts become an overwhelming threat.

Honestly, words fail me with you lot sometimes.

I felt the pinch last time there were cuts. Read up on what was done to the Vets that were serving, then come back and tell me if you think I'm a redneck.

OK, my apologies. I've replaced the "rednecks" with 'Americans'. And for your information, and I honestly don't mean this as a challenge, but I served with the British Royal Engineers in both Iraq and Afghanistan. So, we're fellow veterans.

Pick a number.

Would not matter how much you cut defense spending.

No other constituency would tolerate cuts.

OK. I will try one last time to get a straight answer out of you. When was the last time the GOP took up cutting our defense budget by 5%?

Hell, that should happen in January when Nancy Pelosi is no longer the Speaker and abusing the Air Force as her taxpayer funded taxi cabs. :tongue:

And the Liquor Bill will be down by 2/3rds. ;)

OK. I will try one last time to get a straight answer out of you. When was the last time the GOP took up cutting our defense budget by 5%?

Hell, that should happen in January when Nancy Pelosi is no longer the Speaker and abusing the Air Force as her taxpayer funded taxi cabs. :tongue:

Right? :lol:

Emails: Pentagon Colludes with Congressional Offices before Releasing Documents on Congressional Military Travel | Judicial Watch

Right? :lol:

Emails: Pentagon Colludes with Congressional Offices before Releasing Documents on Congressional Military Travel | Judicial Watch

Yeah...

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! The people via FOIA are looking at us...Straighten up!

:lol:

It was a serious question. What would we do with them? Technically, per the Constitution, our Federal Government DOES have some resposnibility for the "general welfare" of it's citizens. So, if we eliminate all entitlement programs tomorrow, what would we do with all of the homeless?

Not what it means sport. Go reread the Clause. And NO, I'm doing the footwork for you. Educate yourself.

I know the Constitution, just as I know how many interpretations there are to what was written. Now, will YOU answer my question?

I guess not.....color me shocked!

Forum List

Back