UK slashes armed forces by 10 percent

When was the last time the dems ever cut welfare, entitlements by .005 percent? Cut em all by 20 percent.

I'll buy that. Now, what do we do with all of the immediately homeless people that will fill our streets? I'm just asking.

Lol, I'm working on that along with all of the govt workers that I just kicked out of a job. It's no easy fix. If we did do that, the next generation would be better off as compared if we continue to lob political footballs and continue on the status quo.

When was the last time the dems ever cut welfare, entitlements by .005 percent? Cut em all by 20 percent.

I'll buy that. Now, what do we do with all of the immediately homeless people that will fill our streets? I'm just asking.

What a piss poor reply.

ok

What do we do with the ever and ever growing numbers on welfare?

Welfare is chains, and those on it are little more than slaves. few excape, most just accept thier fate.

But hey, lets fuck the Vets over again, they are used to it, so it's OK.

C'mon. Let's cut it all by 20 percent, welfare, education, entitlements, military.

...and continue the slide into being the one of the dumbest nations in the world

I think one could very well argue that it's our government education that's making us all dumber. We used to be smarter when govt stayed out of education. Not now though.

Across the board.

You could cut defense spending 20% and the welfare state here would not stand still for 5% cuts of their budgets.

How would anyone know? When was the last time defense spending was cut by 20%? I don't even believe Clilnton made those sort of cuts.

Pick a number.

Would not matter how much you cut defense spending.

No other constituency would tolerate cuts.

As if BRAC wasn't enough...??

every dept could cut 10 and possibly 20% without much percieved problems. Anybody in high finance knows budgets get the "use it or lose it" cycle and much more so in Gov.

What a piss poor reply.

ok

Welfare is chains, and those on it are little more than slaves. few excape, most just accept thier fate.

It was a serious question. What would we do with them? Technically, per the Constitution, our Federal Government DOES have some resposnibility for the "general welfare" of it's citizens. So, if we eliminate all entitlement programs tomorrow, what would we do with all of the homeless?

What a piss poor reply.

ok

It was a serious question. What would we do with them? Technically, per the Constitution, our Federal Government DOES have some resposnibility for the "general welfare" of it's citizens. So, if we eliminate all entitlement programs tomorrow, what would we do with all of the homeless?

Not what it means sport. Go reread the Clause. And NO, I'm doing the footwork for you. Educate yourself.

Some of you really are dangerously stupid, or, like most Americans, have ignored the bigger picture. The cuts are not only to save money; but so we can upgrade our carrier fleet.

The U.K has this year embarked on building two of the most sophisticated aircraft carriers the world has ever seen. HMS Ark Royal has been decommissioned to go towards paying for our new Elizabeth class aircraft carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales.

Granted, we'll be without naval airpower until 2019. But it's something we've got to get used to in these choppy financial waters.

But don't you worry, the U.S military will be feeling the pinch eventually. It's just that we're facing the facts before the facts become an overwhelming threat.

Honestly, words fail me with you lot sometimes.

Last edited:
What a piss poor reply.

ok

Not what it means sport. Go reread the Clause. And NO, I'm doing the footwork for you. Educate yourself.

I know the Constitution, just as I know how many interpretations there are to what was written. Now, will YOU answer my question?

Good for THEM...Maybe WE can pull our bases away from our friends and SEE if they up their level>?

My bet is that they would be forced to.

I am with you. I am hoping the GOP has included foreign soil base closures as part of cost cutting measures in their "Contract Hit on America". What do you think?

As if the highlighted turd you left in your wake would get me to agree with you?

Ain't happening. So your statement rings FALSE.

What a piss poor reply.

ok

I will assume you have never actually been poor, or even close to being on welfare, so you are totally unaware of how many opportunities are given, yes given to people on welfare to train them for a job. Since most, and I've been there, most people on welfare don't want to work, those that continue to turn away from the hand up, starve. And hunger is the greatest motivator on earth. Those that choose to starve to death, are just proving Darwin correct.

Any way, there are plenty of shelters that can take people in. They can turn to family for help. (I know, crazy idea, family helping family).

And the horrors of earning a paycheck will make many into conservatives. so it's a win - win. We get people off welfare, who don't want to be taxed to pay for welfare.

Good for THEM...Maybe WE can pull our bases away from our friends and SEE if they up their level>?

My bet is that they would be forced to.

I am with you. I am hoping the GOP has included foreign soil base closures as part of cost cutting measures in their "Contract Hit on America". What do you think?

As if the highlighted turd you left in your wake would get me to agree with you?

Ain't happening. So your statement rings FALSE.

So, you are all for spending tax payer dollars to keep our bases open on foreign soil so our military folks can prop up other countries' economies? Got it.

Some of you really are dangerously stupid, or, like most rednecks, have ignored the bigger picture. The cuts are not only to save money; but so we can upgrade our carrier fleet.

The U.K has this year embarked on building two of the most sophisticated aircraft carriers the world has ever seen. HMS Ark Royal has been decommissioned to go towards paying for our new Elizabeth class aircraft carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales.

Granted, we'll be without naval airpower until 2019. But it's something we've got to get used to in these choppy financial waters.

But don't you worry, the U.S military will be feeling the pinch eventually. It's just that we're facing the facts before the facts become an overwhelming threat.

Honestly, words fail me with you lot sometimes.

I felt the pinch last time there were cuts. Read up on what was done to the Vets that were serving, then come back and tell me if you think I'm a redneck.

How would anyone know? When was the last time defense spending was cut by 20%? I don't even believe Clilnton made those sort of cuts.

Pick a number.

Would not matter how much you cut defense spending.

No other constituency would tolerate cuts.

OK. I will try one last time to get a straight answer out of you. When was the last time the GOP took up cutting our defense budget by 5%?

Hell, that should happen in January when Nancy Pelosi is no longer the Speaker and abusing the Air Force as her taxpayer funded taxi cabs. :tongue:

Forum List

Back