Uhg, Hillary!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I don't know that I agree with this, but it's something to consider:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110006487

All my life people have been talking politics at the dinner table, if they talked. I do not remember when it was not so. We all know the old saying, "Never discuss politics, sex or religion," but that of course is precisely what Americans do discuss, along with sports and business. I actually don't know what people talked about before these, but I wonder if it was something like, "What do you think is the most reliable path to personal satisfaction in the world we live in?" and "I saw a big bright yellow rose today and had the most wonderful thought, or at least it was wonderful for me, for I am no genius and do not normally go in for big time reflections on beauty," and, "Did you have a happy childhood or an unhappy one, and if you had the latter what is the best thing it gave you, that unhappy start?"

I'd better tell you what I picked up about politics the past few days.

Republicans--I have been among many--are now in the stage of the Hillary Conversation in which they are beginning to grouse about those who keep warning that Mrs. Clinton will be a formidable candidate for president in 2008. She won't be so tough, they say. America will never elect a woman like her, with such a sketchy history--financial scandals, political pardons, the whole mess that took place between 1980 and 2000.
I tell them they are wrong. First, it is good to be concerned about Mrs. Clinton, for she is coming down the pike. It is pointless to be afraid, but good to be concerned. Why? Because we live in a more or less 50-50 nation; because Mrs. Clinton is smarter than her husband and has become a better campaigner on the ground; because her warmth and humor seem less oily; because she has struck out a new rhetorically (though not legislatively) moderate course; because you don't play every card right the way she's been playing every card right the past five years unless you have real talent; because unlike her husband she has found it possible to grow more emotionally mature; because the presidency is the bright sharp focus of everything she does each day; because she is not going to get seriously dinged in the 2008 primaries but will likely face challengers who make her look even more moderate and stable; and because in 2008 we will have millions of 18- to 24-year-old voters who have no memory of her as the harridan of the East Wing and the nutty professor of HillaryCare.

The Hillary those young adults remember will be the senator--chuckling with a throaty chuckle, bantering amiably with Lindsey Graham, maternal and moderate and strong. Add to that this: Half the MSM will be for her, and the other half will be afraid of the half that is for her. (You think journalists are afraid of the right? Journalists are afraid of each other.) And on top of all that, It's time for a woman. Almost every young woman in America, every tough old suburban momma, every unmarried urban high-heel-wearing, briefcase-toting corporate lawyer will be saying it. They'll be working for, rooting for, giving to the woman.

I am of course exaggerating, but not by much.

Can a Republican beat her? Sure. She'll have to make mistakes, and she will. And he (it will be a he; it's not Condi, because the presidency is not an entry-level political office) will have to be someone who stands for big, serious and solidly conservative things, and really means it, which will mark a nice contrast with Mrs. Clinton, who believes only in herself. He will also have to be able to do the delicate dance of running against a woman without seeming scared, patronizing, nervous or macho. It isn't going to be easy. But it's doable...

who has been busy for the last five years attempting to erase her past as a near commie... Repubs will need not to treat her with kit gloves but come out blasting with her past history as an arrogant liberal.. Bring up the Rose law firms billing records fraud, Hillary-care, the fact that she "tolerated" Bill's adultery because it was politically expediant of her... She's nothing but a political snob and a snot as well. I'm all for having a woman as president but help us God if it would be her.. I'd have to start looking for signs of the apocalypse... By the way has anyone ever looked hard at the back of her scalp, for 666, maybe the Anti-Christ is a female? heheheheheheeeeee..

I sincerely hope that Guiliani takes her out next year by taking her Senate seat.

Hillary (is it one "L" or two?) is a scary person. She is not the type of woman to allow herself to lose. She is smart. She is ruthless. I'm praying already.

mom4 said:
Hillary (is it one "L" or two?) is a scary person. She is not the type of woman to allow herself to lose. She is smart. She is ruthless. I'm praying already.

Actually, mom4, I think it's three L's. There are the two in her name, and, of course, the 'ell that spawned 'er!

Quote from article: "It's time for a woman."

It will NEVER be time for this particular woman. The bloggers will have a field day scratching and exposing the veneer.

Adam's Apple said:
Quote from article: "It's time for a woman."

It will NEVER be time for this particular woman. The bloggers will have a field day scratching and exposing the veneer.

;) Of course it is a British paper:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1552437,00.html

Southern revolt on the ascent of Hillary
Tony Allen-Mills, Nashville

THE first signs of a Democratic revolt against Senator Hillary Clinton’s much-anticipated march on the White House are emerging in the American South, where one of the party’s most successful state governors called last week for Democrats to consider other candidates.
In a calculated snub of Clinton’s accelerating bandwagon, Governor Philip Bredesen of Tennessee warned that voters were “kind of dissatisfied” with the Democrats’ current presidential contenders and that Clinton would face an “uphill road” to win the White House.

Bredesen also expressed dismay that speculation about the 2008 race was already focused on the wife of former president Bill Clinton and on Jeb, the brother of President George W Bush and governor of Florida. “Surely in the United States we can go further than having to have a single family dominate one side and a single family dominate the other,” he said.

Bredesen, 61, was giving his first interview to a foreign newspaper since his emergence earlier this year as a potential dark horse in the presidential race. It appeared to reflect an attempt to raise his international profile amid increasing speculation in Washington that he may become the next southern governor to come from obscurity to take the White House.

Like Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton before him, Bredesen has established a formidable Democratic power base in the conservative south. Clinton came from Hope, Arkansas; Bredesen jokes that when he briefly worked in England in the 1970s, he lived in Hope Cottage, Oxfordshire. His careful stewardship of Tennessee’s economic growth has made him one of the most popular governors in the state’s history...

Guess the Democrat pols in Tennessee are getting tired of the state going to the Republicans every time there's a presidential election.

Hillary in 2008 would be a poison pill for the Democrats. If she campaigns based on a platform of being a women the very simple solution for the Republicans would be to place Condoleeza Rice in the Vice Presidency and watch the women and a huge section of the black vote turn back to the Republican advantage.

(I hereby predict if Hillary Clinton runs in 2008 Condi Rice will be the Vice President elect for the Republican party.

Note: Rice is already operating as Bush's 'second' as a de-facto V.P. in the eyes of Mainstream America, having held the roles of both Secretary of Defence and Secretary of State, and otherwise known as Bush's most trusted cabinet member. And America has accepted the fact that a black woman has the Presidents' ear, with utmost grace.

That is, all except for the left, which labels her a 'house n**ger' of Bush. And most of America is either truly disgusted or increasingly suspicous about our sick and degenerate left.

So, the Democrats are only fooling themselves with this fantasy over it being somehow 'time' for a woman in office. In the critical stages of the War on Terror, Hillary has shown absolutely no leadership in her duties as the powerfull Senator of New York. She was in fact notoriously absent from the funerals of those who died in service of her state, proceeding 9-11. Those same funerals which were attended by the likes of her most potent contender in New York politics, former Mayor Giuliani. This puts the huge amount of electoral votes that are normally assured as Democratic at risk.

I mean if Giuliani could win the electoral votes in New York, along with all the same states that are expected to go Republican, he'd lock up the electoral vote, wouldn't he?

In fact, her run for presidency would dredge up so much dirt about her 'politiking' over the past few years there would be far too few converts from the mainstream to what is in fact her extremely left politics, as illustrated by her voting record as a New York Senator.

Hillary has far less experience in government service than either Rice or Guliani, far more baggage, and she may be a woman but she is not black. This will kill her in the usual Democratic appeal to the 'opressed minority' group.

I see Giuliani/Rice in 2008, given a Hillary/??? lineup. Any guesses about who will run as V.P. to Hillary? (It will of course be a man)

Hillary has been on the extreme left since she was a law student at Yale. She interned with the foremost leftist lawyer in this country whose practice was devoted entirely to defending communists and fellow travelers. This internship was so important to her that she was willing to travel across the country just to take advantage of it. Does this woman ever have baggage to exploit! Don't ask for a link. You get this information by reading books written about Hillary while Bill was president. Also it can be confirmed by reading Left Illusions by David Horowitz.

Comrade said:
Any guesses about who will run as V.P. to Hillary? (It will of course be a man)

I don't know. Hmmmm - do you know any eunuchs who may be interested in applying for the position???

Forum List

Back