How to Pro Lifer feel about the Texas case

Any Pro Lifers out there see something wrong with what’s happening in Texas? A woman who wants to be a mother has a non viable pregnancy… meaning the fetus will not survive and aborting the pregnancy is the best thing for her health and for her future ability to have kids.

I judge ruled that she can have the abortion and Paxton is petitioning the Texas Supreme Court to stop it… he is also threatening hospitals so they will not help this woman.

Anybody see something wrong with this situation??
I think this is a sad outlier case that pro-Deathers will use to push unconditional abortion on demand.

My view on abortion is in the middle I don’t support this decision nor do I believe in total bans I also don’t believe that abortion should be used as form of birth control or that there should be no restrictions. There is ground between abortion for any reason and none at all.

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

It's sad the child has Trisomy 18, too. But that's my view. How I feel about it is irrelevant. With CRISPR technology almost ready to be used to screen mother and unborn child for genetic abnormalities, soon it will be possible to edit things like Trisomy 18 and 21 out of existence, and with it any excuse to abort a child because of such a genetic aberrance.

Are you DERANGED!!!! Promiscuity???? In a long sad history of stupid posts, this takes the cake. Abortion will ALWAYS be necessary, because pregnancies will always go wrong.

Such draconian abortion laws WERE NEVER NECESSARY.

I have more respect than ever for the TX legislators standing up to the baby killers.

A lot of people would hear the story and just shrug and say "not my problem" and go about their lives same as always

Go, Paxton!

Time to stand up to the criminals among us
Well, that’s a lie – no one is ‘killing babies.’

What isn’t a lie is that conservatives are killing women, or jeopardizing their health with reckless, irresponsible abortion ‘bans.’

What isn’t a lie is that conservatives are advocates of more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

And what isn’t a lie is that conservatives use the authority of the state to interfere in citizens’ private lives; individual know best how to conduct their private lives, no government.

Although your cult has the right to demand that we get experimental medical procedures and cover our faces and pander to the mentally ill who have no idea what kind of chromosomes they have.

False comparison fallacy; more lies from the dishonest right.

In Texas and other states controlled by Republicans, conservatives have fully embraced fascism – forcing women to give birth against their will through force of law; fascist thugs cruising Texas highways looking for women leaving the state to exercise their right to privacy in free states; threats of criminal prosecution of those who help women realize their reproductive autonomy; and in this case a woman whose life is being recklessly and reprehensibly jeopardized.

Who determines whether the (healthy) fetus will not survive a full term? Do the baby killers really think they have a case for abortion with this junk?
It is neither the role nor responsibility of the state to dictate to women whether to have a child or not – that decision is the sole purview of a woman, her doctor, and her family.

And again, no one is ‘killing babies’; but conservatives are jeopardizing the lives and health of women.

I think this is a sad outlier case that pro-Deathers will use to push unconditional abortion on demand.
How do you think the outlier case should be handled? Do you support what Paxton and the Texas Supreme Court are doing?

Are you DERANGED!!!! Promiscuity???? In a long sad history of stupid posts, this takes the cake. Abortion will ALWAYS be necessary, because pregnancies will always go wrong.

Such draconian abortion laws WERE NEVER NECESSARY.
So you support banning abortion unless the health of the mother or baby is in jeopardy, right?

When it comes the the law and government regulation over our rights then any examples whether extreme or mainstream are valid. The profile that many pro choicers believe is that the decisions should be up to the woman and her doctor, not the government. This case is a great example of why

I agree, it should be up to the woman and her doctor…but it’s not an authority that the federal government possesses. It’s up to the people of each state to get their local governments to do what they want.

You see, you all would live nothing more than for the federal government to make abortion a law…but you don’t realize that Congress sometimes changes hands..and what one congress makes into law, another congress can repeal.

Why should people in Texas be forced into having to abide by laws that people in California and New York want? I use the example of national reciprocity because, the people in California would not like it if a republican congress decided that all states must recognize national reciprocity.. it’s why we have states rights…or should have states rights, for everything not listed as a specific function of the federal government.

It’s just that some states are left and some are right. I think l eventually, every state will gravitate toward a middle ground, as that’s what people really want. I have a hunch that there are more “middle ground” people as opposed to polar opposite people…I just think most people don’t really follow politics that much

Why should people in Texas be forced into having to abide by laws that people in California and New York want?
I agree with you for the most part. It is important for each state to have some autonomy in a Republic. But some laws that involve human rights need to be universal. I don’t think Texas or any state for example should have the right to have Whites only restaurants

Do you believe slavery and civil rights laws should be left up to the states as well?

There’s that extreme example you all try to pull, again.

The answer is no, because slavery was outlawed by the 13th amendment, and the 14th amendment prohibits unequal treatment of the laws

Forum List

Back