Uh Oh: Rick Perry Gets Popped With The Dreaded Evolution Question. (Click For Answer)

He probably doesn't agree with gravity either. It's fun to watch you people walk a fence on the subject of evolution in the face of scientific evidence.

:rofl:

It's funny to see you people only be able to recite a book and believe what you reite is fact :lol:,and don't know enough about the theory to defend it.

Will his evangelical base accept this answer as good enough?

Will republicans in general consider his answer bad enough?

You have to understand that to liberal reporters, questioning the theory of evolution is tantamount to questioning that the world is round.

They also want to imply that by expressing doubts about evolution, your educational policy will then be similar to the narrow-minded authorities who fined John Scopes for teaching evolution (thus, making you anti-science).

No, questioning evolution is fine; it’s the attempt to replace it with religious dogma that’s problematic.

Macro-evolution is a dogma.

These liberals that proclaim intellectual superiority by insulting and denigrating Christians for maintaining their faith are simply demonstrating their utterly transparent hatred and bigotry.

They reserve these types of insults almost exclusively to Christianity. Leftists are so shallow and intellectually lacking that they can't comprehend how the belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive, nor do they acknowledge that many in the scientific community are Christians. No, they get their world view from television that continually reinforces their simplistic ideas that all scientists are atheists.

Some people reconcile being Christian and science. Some don't. But putting the truth out there isn't making fun of anyone's faith. Unless they think it is. Religion and science, polar opposites.

Religion is "belief without evidence".

Science is "evidence based".

If some take comfort believing in "magical entities", so be it. But without proof, it's unfair to expect other to "respect" beliefs that are shoved in our faces. How would they like it if I tried to put up "Moon Signs" because I believed the inside the Moon is made from "soft gooey cheese"? No one can prove it isn't. To me, supernatural beliefs are "on that level" because they have no proof.

You can only reconcile Christianity and science if you accept the premise that the Bible is a story book, not a science book.

According to who ?

This just goes to show off we are on our priorities. The World is burning and our financial house is on the verge of collapse and people think the most important question to ask potential candidates is what they think of theories of the Earth's creation. As if an opinion on events no one was alive to witness have any bearing on getting our AAA credit rating back, paying our debts, getting the government off the people's back and getting them back to work, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I'm always up for healthy debate about faith, politics, science, whatever. But I can be pretty tolerant when it comes to what someones opinion on an unimportant matter is if they have the right solutons to everything else.

I think it's relevant, and I'll tell you why.

First of all, if you believe one perfectly absurd story in the face of overwhelming, definitive evidence to the contrary (eg, intelligent design), you're likely to believe others (eg, supply side economics).

Second, people who have great faith have a tendency to think their faith alone is enough. There was a study at one point that asserted that when potentially terminally ill individuals, eg leukemia patients, were aware that large number of people were praying for them, their survival rate actually declined.

So I want to know these answers from people running for office. I want to know if you believe the Earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs and man roamed the earth at the same time. I want to know if you believe life began in an enchanted forest, and man was permabanned because he "sinned." You may think it's irrelevant, but I want to know these answers.

Perry's answer actually wasn't that bad. I expected it to be much worse or dodged altogether.

Of which, you have no proof to say otherwise.

I don't why evolution disturbs people on the right, but it does. No wonder America ranks up their with Turkey in denying evolution.

Evolution has never been proven. It is only a theory and believing that theory requires just as much if not more faith than Christians have in their beliefs. IMO

There are volumes and volumes of hard evidence for evolution.

Are there volumes and volumes of hard evidence for the Biblical 'theory' of Creation?

Correction, there is only evidence of Micro-adaptations or Micro-evolution which gets extrapolated from to try and show Macro-evolution is possible.

I don't believe George Washington ever existed. Yeah, plenty of people have told stories about him, there are paintings of him but that's ancient history. Unless I meet him in person, I can't believe he ever existed.

Yeah, there is a grave somewhere with a marker that says "George Washington", but that could be anyone's bones in there.

Oh we can do better then that,how is this an argument for Macro-evolution ?

But thanks for admitting it has never been observed.

You are evading.

If the steps can express themselves in one or two generation, as the 500,000 year theory implies, we should see some evidence of that today...yet we don't.

And evolutionist have box themselves in a corner by proclaiming the "convergent evolution" of the octopus eye.

So yes, I've shattered your point. Evolutionist claim that the two species eyes followed the almost exact evolutionary track for the camera eye, separated by millions of years.

You didn't "shatter" anything. All biological structures on an animal are formed as a reaction to the environment and as an adaptation to survive. If there was no light..there would be no need for an eye..and animals simply wouldn't have them. That's why earthworms have no eyes. They don't need them.

And we can see the results of "evolution" through our own domestic animals. We "forced" results of animals we are trying to modify through selective breeding. The results have been startling to say the least..and this is during a much shorter time then natural evolution.

Why you guys cling to this religious crapola is beyond me. But heck..keep it out of science..for pete's sake.

By what mechanism do they adapt?

And don't say evolution...evolution is random mutation perpetuated by natural selection.

I have a question for him when you get done.

You didn't "shatter" anything. All biological structures on an animal are formed as a reaction to the environment and as an adaptation to survive. If there was no light..there would be no need for an eye..and animals simply wouldn't have them. That's why earthworms have no eyes. They don't need them.

And we can see the results of "evolution" through our own domestic animals. We "forced" results of animals we are trying to modify through selective breeding. The results have been startling to say the least..and this is during a much shorter time then natural evolution.

Why you guys cling to this religious crapola is beyond me. But heck..keep it out of science..for pete's sake.

And don't say evolution...evolution is random mutation perpetuated by natural selection.

Evolution.

And your definition of evolution is incorrect.

Evolution (also known as biological or organic evolution) is the change over time in one or more inherited traits found in populations of individuals.[1] Inherited traits are distinguishing characteristics, for example anatomical, biochemical or behavioural, that are passed on from one generation to the next. Evolution occurs when there is variation of inherited traits within a population. The major sources of such inherited variants are mutation, genetic recombination and gene flow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Mutation is one factor..it isn't the whole story.

Care to elaborate on the others ?

I don't why evolution disturbs people on the right, but it does. No wonder America ranks up their with Turkey in denying evolution.

Evolution has never been proven. It is only a theory and believing that theory requires just as much if not more faith than Christians have in their beliefs. IMO

That little gem is going to make it difficult to ever take you seriously again.

Comments like these ,show me you didn't know what you were talking about anyways.

Here is another source;
PERRY SEES "HOLES" IN "THEORY" OF EVOLUTION

Probably not, but since they constitute a minority vote, a better question is "Will the American majority accept non-scientific, religious answers to science question from a Presidential candidate?" since the majority vote is the one that wins elections.

528-58.gif

Evolution.

And your definition of evolution is incorrect.

Evolution (also known as biological or organic evolution) is the change over time in one or more inherited traits found in populations of individuals.[1] Inherited traits are distinguishing characteristics, for example anatomical, biochemical or behavioural, that are passed on from one generation to the next. Evolution occurs when there is variation of inherited traits within a population. The major sources of such inherited variants are mutation, genetic recombination and gene flow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Mutation is one factor..it isn't the whole story.

You know about DNA and Genes?

Punnett square - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a gander.

Response to the liberals.

I would say a majority of politicians in the house and senate believe in the theory, they have been force fed this theory all through school.do you see the shape our country is in ? So why do you think this quetion was important ?

Alan Watts talks about an intelligent Universe.

Alan Watts... Appling Blog
Alan Watts... Appling

Look! Here is a tree in the garden, and every summer it produces apples, and we call it an apple tree, because the tree apples, that is what it does.

Now here is a solar system, inside a galaxy, and one of the peculiarities of this solar system, at least on the planet Earth, the thing peoples. In just the same way an apple tree apples.

Now, maybe two million years ago, somebody came from another galaxy in a flying saucer, and had a look at the solar system, and they looked it over, shrugged their shoulders and said. "just a bunch of rocks"! And they went away.

Later on, maybe two million years later, they came around, and they looked at it again, and they said, "excuse me, we thought it was a bunch of rocks and it is peopling, and it is alive after all. It has done something intelligent".

Because, you see we grow out of this world, in the exactly the same way as the apple grows on the apple tree. If evolution means anything, it means that, but you see we curiously twist it.

We say first of all in the beginning, there was nothing but gas and rock, and intelligence just happened to arrive in it. Like a sort of fungus or slime on the top of the whole thing. Ahh, but we are thinking in a way you see which disconnects the intelligence from the rocks.

Where there are rocks, watch out! Because the rocks are going to eventually come alive!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gw4yQx-QnA]Alan Watts Intelligent Youniverse - YouTube[/ame]

You know about DNA and Genes?

Punnett square - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a gander.

You don't know your theory ? here i will help you. mutations+natural selection+large amounts of time= Neo Darwinism.

No.

There are gene combinations and permutations that give us organisms with different attributes.

It's easy to see.

Some people have blue eyes. Some have brown. Some have green.

Those are not "mutations".

It's the same with short people, tall people..and a myriad of different features.

Gosh..

As with every election and especially a presidential election, all candidates are asked their thoughts on evolution. I believe the liberal MSM passed on asking that question to Obama (I wonder why?) but anyway, Rick Perry was asked the question and he gave a lengthy answer. How do you think his response was?

Rick Perry Answers the Dreaded "Evolution" Question - Evolution News & Views
His Answer:

"There are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place. Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that. I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory."

Here is another source;

Rick Perry is a shit Governor, and the only reason I would want him to stay in Texas is so he doesn't spread his bullshit throughout the entire nation. He only believes in what sounds good to his voter base, but he should have cut back on the rhetoric. Especially the 'evolution having holes' part. He'll lose his moderate base. He must think he's still in Austin.

As with every election and especially a presidential election, all candidates are asked their thoughts on evolution. I believe the liberal MSM passed on asking that question to Obama (I wonder why?) but anyway, Rick Perry was asked the question and he gave a lengthy answer. How do you think his response was?

Rick Perry Answers the Dreaded "Evolution" Question - Evolution News & Views
His Answer:

"There are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place. Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that. I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory."

Here is another source;

Rick Perry is a shit Governor, and the only reason I would want him to stay in Texas is so he doesn't spread his bullshit throughout the entire nation. He only believes in what sounds good to his voter base, but he should have cut back on the rhetoric. Especially the 'evolution having holes' part. He'll lose his moderate base. He must think he's still in Austin.

Is that Danzig in your avatar?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw]Danzig getting knocked out - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

Sorry..couldn't help it.

Forum List

Back