Uh oh, Hillary slips behind GOP in crucial swing states

Well, I don't like his verbage or attitude, but in a more serene way, I also agree the Republicans are going to take the Presidency, pick up more seats in the House, but possibly lose 1 or 2 in the senate.

But, if the democrats are smart, they will do everything they can to Jebster to win the republican nomination, because besides the far outliers running, he is the one easiest to beat; and in fact would probably lose.

Why? 1. Because the far right WILL NOT support him at all. The mid right over 1/2 will say no way. 3. He is the only candidate (just like Romney with healthcare) who can't use the Clinton dynasty as a tool. 4. His stance on illegal immigration is against over 60% of the population, and fully 70% of those are conservatives. 5. His stance on common core is against more than 56% of the population, and the number 1 priority of 99% of conservatives are their kids and grandkids. 6. Virtually all conservatives are politically educated and know we must reverse course. Jebster is an establishment candidate, and after seeing the performance of the establishment after the mid terms, we are well aware that they have absolutely no intention of dismantling Obamas disasters, but rather just want control of the apparatus. 7. Most republicans are painfully aware also, that which party is running Washington is not the problem, Washington is the problem; and Jebster has put forth no ideas about returning any power to the states, vis-a-vie, common core. He is just a republican Obama who wishes to impose his (Mitch Mconnells, John Boehners) will upon the country. (just as the democrips? did with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid) 8. Real conservatives/libertarians want a return to a more constitutional base of doing things, Jebster does not fit that bill. 9.His father was a weak noodle as far as conservative policy, his brother was too; and while it isn't fair to claim he is his brother or his father, guilt by association is a real factor here, just as the other poster claims that the republicans will batter Hillary with Bill.......while the democrats will USE the association with Bill to make her look stronger. In other words, he can NOT get out of his father and brothers shadows of failure, or what is perceived to be their failures.

In closing, let me say that I honestly believe that the best candidate for republicans to run against is Hillary. I also believe she will not win the nomination of the democrats if anyone with any cache decides to run against her. Democrats are well aware that they can get the rabid libs to vote for anyone with a D in front of their name, but they can't get independent voters to do it. That is their big problem, and as of now, that problem has not gone away.

For republicans, their problem is not the independent voter if the nominee is Hillary, their problem is their own voters. The republican nominee does not/should not/will not win one democratic voter, nor should they try, because that is the formula for fail. The independent voter will come here this time because of the economy, foreign policy, Hillary, and the desire for the constitution, because if they do not want that, they are a democrat, lol. No, the republican nominee has to get his own partys votes and energize them. If they are seen as just a place holder who will try and stop the left but keep the status quo, the Democrat will win.

In my humble opinion, Walker, Cruz, or Rubio will sweep the floor nicely with the democrats. Paul would make it a toss up. Carson is the wild card. If Hilly is the democratic nominee, whomever wins on the republican side should pick a female running candidate as the attack dog unless far ahead in the polls.

Remember, the real truth of 2016 isn't if the democrats show up to vote, but if the republicans do. Every democrat can show up to vote for Hilly, and if the whole republican side shows up with 60% of the independents voting with them, the democrats will lose in a landslide. As of this moment, that appears to be a very real possibility from which we can draw our assumptions.

Last edited:
It all comes down to this

With nine battleground states. Republicans have to win six, Democrats only have to win three
The Republicans need to take both Ohio and Florida to win
Democrats need one or the other

One of the more stupid assessments I've seen to date. You really need to stop reading HuffBlo

The only States not up for grabs are New Yawk, the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, Maryland, Californication, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Vermont, maybe Washington and Oregon, Joisey and that's about it on the dimocrap scum side.

On the side of Goodness and Light, the Patriotic Republican Party, we have several of our own, including Texas in the Solid South and all of the Plains States plus Indiana.

Which easily equals the dimocrap scum solid States.

Today, Republicans hold 31 governorships, 35 state senates, and 33 state houses. 23 states are Republican trifectas, where the GOP holds the governorship, and a controlling majority in both the state house and state senate. After the 2014 midterm elections, the Democratic Party held seven trifectas, as compared to their 13 before the election.

We are kicking your diseased, disgusting asses so bad it isn't even funny.

And you're going to get beat like a rented Mule when you run that wholly unlikable scrunt of an elitist douchebag Hitlery.

I mean, you could run a dead man and do better than running that piece of shit.

I'm loving life right now. You scumbags are going DOWN

These are the realistic swing states I see for 2016. There are a few others you could possibly add (Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Missouri, Nevada, maybe few others) but most likely they'd be irrelevant anyway since it's so hard to win those while losing the 8 true swing states. Basically what that is saying is the election will almost without a doubt come down to these eight states:

The Democrats start with 243, the Republicans with 191.

If the Democrats take Florida, they're pretty much already at 270, and if they take Virginia and New Hampshire (probably the two most Democratic leaning of the eight), they'd just need 1 more swing state (any of them) to get to 270.
That's what it comes down to....Hillary starts with almost 270

Republicans need a perfect game to reach 270. W was able to eke out victories in 2000 and 2004 and barely broke 270
LOL. Hillary starts with Zero, like everyone else. In 2012 would anyone have predicted that a Republican would be governor of IL or MD?
It's an open game.
Yes...this is America
Everyone has an equal chance. California and New York are up for grabs. Blacks, Hispanics and women are just as likely to vote Republican

And pigs can fly

What could you be going off of with all these predictions? Certainly not polling. Not historic trend, not demographic trend, not by judging the GOP nominee (there isn't one yet).

They seem like little more than cheerleading for the Republicans.

Common sense......

McCain and Palin were leading until the financial collapse just weeks before the election. McCain foolishly went back to Wahington to 'help' but i=byt themn it was too late. People were tired of Republicans and wanted something new. And they got it.... Hoo-Boy, they got i.

Romeny wasn't doing all that badly until the 47% tape got released.

To make matters worse, there was the 2nd Debate in which Candy Fatass Crowley imporoperly inserted herself into the debate to defend the Lying Cocksucker on the terrorism in Benghazi charge -- For which she later apologized -- 2 years later.

The worst thing? What really killed us? Not just Romney being a pussy and running away in fear from the Lying Piece of shit in chief....

What finished us off was Todd Legitimate Rape Akin and Richard God Intended For You To Be Raped Mourdock.

Those two Tea Party SCUMBAGS lost the election for us almost single-handedly. The SCUMBAGS even refused to get out of the race AFTER the RNC stopped funding them!!! They hung in there and gave dimocraps something to make fun of, someone to point to and claim they represented the real Republican Party.

It is VERY hard for a party to win 3 Generals in a row. It's only been done a few times in history.

And believe me, this isn't going to be one of those times.

the Lying Piece Of Fucking Shit, obama, is NOT Ronald Reagan or FDR.

And the douche that's following him is one of the most unlikable people in America.

It doesn't matter what you choose to believe. In fact, I hope you think you can win up to election day.

I will enjoy the tears

Well, some of your points don't really add up.

In the case of state legislatures, the GOP is actually aided significantly by both geography and map drawing. I know in the Michigan State House the Democrats actually got the majority of the votes in 2014, but didn't get a majority of seats due to a lot of their voters being clustered into the bigger cities. In the Michigan State Senate it was really just a 1.5% margin for the Republicans in vote totals but that translated to a lot larger percentage of seats due to geography.

For the presidential election those geography advantages vanish for the GOP.

In the case of the 2008 election with McCain holding the lead the majority of the time....well, that's easy:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election McCain vs. Obama

Pollster.com - Political Surveys and Election Polls Trends Charts and Analysis

McCain only very briefly had a lead on Obama twice, and they were both relatively short lived (especially the second time...). Throughout the vast majority of 2008, Obama held a significant lead.

In the case of the 2012 election, once again, easy:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-09-13-Blumenthal-USJackman.png

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election Romney vs. Obama

Once again, no, there were only very brief and short lived bumps where Obama fell behind Romney. It was more than just the 47% tape.

And then onto the most fun idea: It's hard to win 3 presidential terms in a row. Well, if you go back to 1980, then we'd actually have two cases out of three where a two-term president didn't get his party's nominee to win the popular vote for president, in 1988 and 2000. 2008 would be the lone exception where the incumbent's party didn't win a majority of the votes in the third election. Modern politics where we have the typical "red state blue state" really just started in the 90's, so I don't hold as much credibility to that idea as some other people seem to.

Last edited:
The anti-Women governor of Ohio is Clinton's dream opponent.

Why? Because he's against allowing nasty scrunts to murder their babies at will?
He's a leading warrior in the GOP war on women and he'll pay for it.

He's against Sharia Honor Killings, too......
Are you sure?

What's your point?

That Hillary will get an amazing amount of the women's vote and there are very few Republicans that crystallize the GOP war on women more than John Kasich. Bring it on!

GOP rising and the Hildabeast dropping. Ohio governor John Kasich beats Clinton in the Buckeye State by a healthy 47-40% margin is a shocker

Hillary’s tactical move to the hard left, and ongoing refusal to address the myriad of questions surrounding her conduct as Secretary of State– as it pertains to Benghazi, her emails and the Clinton Foundation — appear to be taking a heavy toll on her standing in three crucial swings states.

In Ohio and Pennsylvania, Clinton sits in the low 40s and is losing to a Republican. In Florida, she is just 3 points ahead of her closest challenger, and sits at just 47%.

A Quinnipiac poll, released Wednesday morning, shows that Clinton’s ratings for honest and trustworthy are in the negative by some very large margins. Florida: 51-43%; Ohio: 53-40%; Pennsylvania: 54-40%.

The poll looked at a potential match-up between Clinton and a number of GOP contenders in the three states.

Poll Hillary Slips Behind GOP In Crucial Swing States - Breitbart
Of all the declared and potential candidates, Kasich is the one I like the most.

And it should not be surprising he beats Clinton in his own state. He has lowered taxes and raised employment substantially in Ohio.

I have mentioned before that Kasich being from an important battleground state is a big plus in his favor. A Kasich/Rubio ticket would carry Ohio and Florida.

Yup, Kasich is my choice so far...

The problem for Republicans is Hillary polls well in all states

Kasich may poll well in his home state, but is unknown in the rest of the country

No Republican does well in a significant number of swing states, Hillary does....spells doom for the GOP
You're right for once.
But the problem for Hillary is she has 100% name recognition. And 45% approval. She cannot improve her name recognition.
The GOP candidates have nowhere to go but up in name recognition and they beat the snot out of her in favorability. Combine rising name recognition with steady favorability and Hillary is yesterday's dog turd.

The Republican brand does not have high public approval
Hillary may not have the approval level she had two years ago, but it is still higher than any of her Republican contenders

None of the Republicans shows the ability to be a breakout contender. Hillary will cruise to an easy victory

Keep telling yourself that Sparky. :lol:

GOP rising and the Hildabeast dropping. Ohio governor John Kasich beats Clinton in the Buckeye State by a healthy 47-40% margin is a shocker

Hillary’s tactical move to the hard left, and ongoing refusal to address the myriad of questions surrounding her conduct as Secretary of State– as it pertains to Benghazi, her emails and the Clinton Foundation — appear to be taking a heavy toll on her standing in three crucial swings states.

In Ohio and Pennsylvania, Clinton sits in the low 40s and is losing to a Republican. In Florida, she is just 3 points ahead of her closest challenger, and sits at just 47%.

A Quinnipiac poll, released Wednesday morning, shows that Clinton’s ratings for honest and trustworthy are in the negative by some very large margins. Florida: 51-43%; Ohio: 53-40%; Pennsylvania: 54-40%.

The poll looked at a potential match-up between Clinton and a number of GOP contenders in the three states.

Poll Hillary Slips Behind GOP In Crucial Swing States - Breitbart
Of all the declared and potential candidates, Kasich is the one I like the most.

And it should not be surprising he beats Clinton in his own state. He has lowered taxes and raised employment substantially in Ohio.

I have mentioned before that Kasich being from an important battleground state is a big plus in his favor. A Kasich/Rubio ticket would carry Ohio and Florida.
A Kasich /Rubio ticket would be a shot at a 16 year turn around for America. It might take that long to restore us from the shitpile Obabbble created.

It all comes down to this

With nine battleground states. Republicans have to win six, Democrats only have to win three
The Republicans need to take both Ohio and Florida to win
Democrats need one or the other

One of the more stupid assessments I've seen to date. You really need to stop reading HuffBlo

The only States not up for grabs are New Yawk, the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, Maryland, Californication, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Vermont, maybe Washington and Oregon, Joisey and that's about it on the dimocrap scum side.

On the side of Goodness and Light, the Patriotic Republican Party, we have several of our own, including Texas in the Solid South and all of the Plains States plus Indiana.

Today, Republicans hold 31 governorships, 35 state senates, and 33 state houses. 23 states are Republican trifectas, where the GOP holds the governorship, and a controlling majority in both the state house and state senate. After the 2014 midterm elections, the Democratic Party held seven trifectas, as compared to their 13 before the election.

And you're going to get beat like a rented Mule when you run that wholly unlikable scrunt of an elitist douchebag Hitlery.

These are the realistic swing states I see for 2016. There are a few others you could possibly add (Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Missouri, Nevada, maybe few others) but most likely they'd be irrelevant anyway since it's so hard to win those while losing the 8 true swing states. Basically what that is saying is the election will almost without a doubt come down to these eight states:

If the Democrats take Florida, they're pretty much already at 270, and if they take Virginia and New Hampshire (probably the two most Democratic leaning of the eight), they'd just need 1 more swing state (any of them) to get to 270.

Republicans need a perfect game to reach 270. W was able to eke out victories in 2000 and 2004 and barely broke 270
LOL. Hillary starts with Zero, like everyone else. In 2012 would anyone have predicted that a Republican would be governor of IL or MD?
It's an open game.
Yes...this is America
Everyone has an equal chance. California and New York are up for grabs. Blacks, Hispanics and women are just as likely to vote Republican

And pigs can fly
It appears California is up for years of drought and their lack of preparation rests totally with the Democratic Party. Water rationing, fires along with high taxes, child abuse in the public schools, high unemployment all under Democratic Party governance. I wouldn't be all that surprised if California isn't that easy win Democrats have been taking for granted for far to many years. Then there's that progressive extremist major of new york city, who knows what that nut case is going to do to the popularity of the Democratic Party.

The progressive/liberal agenda represents failure, that's the bottom line. The Democratic Party has to somehow cover up or in typical style blame someone else for their past 8 years of failure. I just don't see that happening no matter how much fat cat bankers, 1%er's, corporate payoffs or foreign political contributions they have.

Last edited:

It's an open game.
Yes...this is America

And pigs can fly
It appears California is up for years of drought and their lack of preparation rests totally with the Democratic Party. Water rationing, fires along with high taxes, child abuse in the public schools, high unemployment all under Democratic Party governance. I wouldn't be all that surprised if California isn't that easy win Democrats have been taking for granted for far to many years. Then there's that progressive extremist major of new york city, who knows what that nut case is going to do to the popularity of the Democratic Party.

The progressive/liberal agenda represents failure, that's the bottom line. The Democratic Party has to somehow cover up or in typical style blame someone else for their past 8 years of failure. I just don't see that happening no matter how much fat cat banker, 1%er, corporate payoffs or foreign political contributions they have.
You forgot our crazy train! Billions have been poured into the project and it hasn't broken ground yet.

Forum List

Back