U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

The arm band goes against uniform regulations
So does disrespecting the national anthem. You don't seem to care about that however.
And you seem to be okay with the goose-stepping, so...good to know.

though it might attract more of your crowd to the game. Your opinion of her behavior means absolutely nothing to me.
"My crowd" ....:icon_rolleyes:, that's precious of you.
And guess what, your opinions of me are equally meaningless.

She is already a one time world champion, and I expect her to bring another one home to the U.S. this year.
That has zero to do with the issue.
If it went against regulations it would not be allowed. Too stupid. Think before you type.

And why would her team drop her if she had a MAGA hat? Because............?
Because malcontent freaks like you would absolutely pitch a fit if she were to do so.
The point is you find some political expression by a player on the field fine and acceptable but you wouldn't if that expression didn't suit you. So you've a hypocrite. So we needn't concern ourselves with your opinions on the matter.
Is that clear to you?

I must admit that it's interesting to see that CRCs are now equating wearing a MAGA hat with a national pledge.
I must admit you are far too stupid to see how your analogy is totally false and inappropriate though it's not an admission so much as a blatantly obvious observation.

A MAGA hat is not the equivalent of the national anthem. No one ever said it was. It's just another form of personally politicizing the US women's soccer team but of course you can't figure that out, can you.

If it went against regulations it would not be allowed. Too stupid. Think before you type.
Well it's all a hypothetical so you are arguing against something that is totally imaginary anyway. Too stupid. Think before you expose yourself as an idiot, again.

The point here is that she is being paid BY US TAXPAYERS to represent the USA.

If she doesn't like this country - SHE SHOULD QUIT!
Or be fired.

Well it's all a hypothetical so you are arguing against something that is totally imaginary anyway. Too stupid. Think before you expose yourself as an idiot, again.
Hypothetical? So this never happened and you’re butthurt about nothing? Christ.

Appropriate time? Why? What makes you feel so deserving of respect? Fuck your feelings, amirite? :113:

Cult45 butt hurt seems to be on the rise. It's terrific! Keep it coming. It's only going to get worse for them from here on out, I fear.
Because, my dear imbecile, the US women's soccer team is not Megan Rapinoe's personal possession and vehicle for virtue signaling to the planet at large. But I'm sure you can't or won't understand that so go on about your ignorant way.

Yeah, Megan Rapinoe never wore a Nazi armband and goose-stepped around the field prior to a game to express her personal opinions. Are you surprised to hear that? Did you not know?

You couldn't possibly be any lower on the IQ scale and still be a member of the human race.

Yeah, Megan Rapinoe never wore a Nazi armband and goose-stepped around the field prior to a game to express her personal opinions. Are you surprised to hear that? Did you not know?

You couldn't possibly be any lower on the IQ scale and still be a member of the human race.
Your claim was about the anthem. Not my fault your brain is damaged and so you forgot what the whole fuckig point of the conversation was.

Your claim was about the anthem. Not my fault your brain is damaged and so you forgot what the whole fuckig point of the conversation was.
Ironic that you are too fucking stupid to follow a single simple analogy (like comparing Rapinoe's protest of Trump to a
display of support for Nazism) and somehow you think that's my fault!

You aren't even bright enough to realize how your making an issue of this all makes you seem like a simple minded asshole. Amazing!

You know, I joined the military in the early 80's, served 20 years, and retired in the early 2000's. Over that 20 years I was in, I served in 4 different combat zones.

Every year, there was a half a week of training that we did called Navy Rights and Responsibilities. That was training on what was expected of us, how we were to conduct ourselves, as well as a lot of other stuff. Some of which was about the Constitution and our Oath of Enlistment. When I enlisted, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. My oath was to the Constitution of the US, not the flag, not the anthem, but the founding document of this country.

Part of that oath means I support and defend EVERYTHING in that document, which means if someone wants to do a peaceful protest, they have the right to do so, whether or not I agree with it. So, it's because of the service of people like myself that allows her do take a knee if she wants, because the Constitution (the document I swore an oath to support and defend) says she can.

Or be fired.
What makes you think she is being paid by US Taxpayers? Do you have a link to support your claim?

Ironic that you are too fucking stupid to follow a single simple analogy (like comparing Rapinoe's protest of Trump to a
display of support for Nazism) and somehow you think that's my fault!

You aren't even bright enough to realize how your making an issue of this all makes you seem like a simple minded asshole. Amazing!
Go live your life, bro. You don’t even watch women’s soccer. Go get yourself a lattè. Watch some Netflix. :itsok:

You know, I joined the military in the early 80's, served 20 years, and retired in the early 2000's. Over that 20 years I was in, I served in 4 different combat zones.

Every year, there was a half a week of training that we did called Navy Rights and Responsibilities. That was training on what was expected of us, how we were to conduct ourselves, as well as a lot of other stuff. Some of which was about the Constitution and our Oath of Enlistment. When I enlisted, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. My oath was to the Constitution of the US, not the flag, not the anthem, but the founding document of this country.

Part of that oath means I support and defend EVERYTHING in that document, which means if someone wants to do a peaceful protest, they have the right to do so, whether or not I agree with it. So, it's because of the service of people like myself that allows her do take a knee if she wants, because the Constitution (the document I swore an oath to support and defend) says she can.

Fine. I agree with you about her right to free speech.
My problem is that she is being paid by MY tax money to represent the United States in the national soccer team. She is NOT representing this country and should be removed from the team.

My problem is that she is being paid by MY tax money to represent the United States in the national soccer team. She is NOT representing this country and should be removed from the team.
Stop lying about the taxes thing, old man.

Or be fired.
Well said. Her opinions and disgust for fully half the nation are not appropriate for display while she is in uniform and on the field representing the country (in a soccer context). At a minimum she is a juvenile ingrate and beyond that she is a hypocrite who shouldn't be on the team if representing the nation offends her so much.

You don’t watch her sport and you would strip her of rights she has won if you had the chance. So eat shit and fuck off you old bastard
Stay classy, troll.

Rapinoe doesn't represent herself as member of the US women's soccer team. She represents the nation.
and as such her personal views should be left in the locker room.

Sorry if that offends you. The truth doesn't care about your feelings.
I’m happy to have her represent the nation. This nation is really fucked up right now and a significant portion of the people she is representing are reprehensible *****. You are free to cheer for another country, as she is free, to your dismay, to exercise her right to speech.

Who the fuk even cheers for womens soccer in the first place...or mens for that matter?

Or be fired.
Well said. Her opinions and disgust for fully half the nation are not appropriate for display while she is in uniform and on the field representing the country (in a soccer context). At a minimum she is a juvenile ingrate and beyond that she is a hypocrite who shouldn't be on the team if representing the nation offends her so much.
:itsok:

Are you positive that the team is funded by tax dollars? Just about everything that I've been able to find says that they generate their own revenue by selling tickets. And, interestingly enough, the women's soccer team generates MORE revenue than the men's, as well as they have had a better past few seasons than the men, yet they get paid significantly less.

gettyimages-607634986.jpg

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

I sent the following email to
[email protected]

Re: Megan Rapinoe

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

Maybe others can do the same.

Rapinoe only has allegiance to this flag.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back