U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

Never said it was threatened. Demonized is a more accurate description, but in a way, that threatens it.
You certainly implied it with your ridiculous nonsensical hyperbole (Free speech and expression along with free press are enemies of authoritarian fascism, know as Trumpism in America).

What sort of "authoritarian fascism" allows someone like Megan Repinoe to represent the US women's soccer team
while all the while she is slandering and lying about "Trumpsim"?

That's the sort of authoritarian fascism that's not really authoritarian fascism at all.
Maybe you should tone down your rhetoric to conform to reality.

Because it’s a provocative symbol that represents incredibly deep hatreds, including hatreds against people on the team. But maybe the team would look past it. I doubt it will come up as a problem.

Taking a knee is not provocative, right?
Is it? Do you get that jacked up about people wanting criminal justice reform, lessening the income gap, and wanting equal rights for people that are gay?

Soccer field, and national team is not place for that. If she can't respect the national anthem and flag, she shouldn't be in the team.
Cool opinion, bro. Go pound sand

The truth is stranger than fiction. Look, your mother gave birth to you.
:itsok:

gettyimages-607634986.jpg

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

I sent the following email to
[email protected]

Re: Megan Rapinoe

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

Maybe others can do the same.

For people who scream freedom of speech when it comes to social media and hate speech you sure do want to stop anyone from expressing their views and speaking their truth.

So you only protect speech you agree with. Anyone else who doesn't agree with you must be destroyed in your view.

You aren't a very good American.

You know, I joined the military in the early 80's, served 20 years, and retired in the early 2000's. Over that 20 years I was in, I served in 4 different combat zones.

Every year, there was a half a week of training that we did called Navy Rights and Responsibilities. That was training on what was expected of us, how we were to conduct ourselves, as well as a lot of other stuff. Some of which was about the Constitution and our Oath of Enlistment. When I enlisted, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. My oath was to the Constitution of the US, not the flag, not the anthem, but the founding document of this country.

Part of that oath means I support and defend EVERYTHING in that document, which means if someone wants to do a peaceful protest, they have the right to do so, whether or not I agree with it. So, it's because of the service of people like myself that allows her do take a knee if she wants, because the Constitution (the document I swore an oath to support and defend) says she can.

Fine. I agree with you about her right to free speech.
My problem is that she is being paid by MY tax money to represent the United States in the national soccer team. She is NOT representing this country and should be removed from the team.

You really shouldn't be so lazy. You should take just a few minutes to find out truths before you post and make a fool of yourself.

Here's the truth about how the US funds all of our olympics.

Will compete for gold

1. The U.S. is one of just three countries which do not provide government funding for their Olympic program. Instead, the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) relies on corporate and individual contributions, as well as the sale of broadcast rights in order to train and underwrite the full expense of the U.S. team in the Olympics, Paralympics, Pan American and Parapan American Games.

It's all privately funded. Not one penny of your tax dollars is paying for any of it.

I would like to know what makes you think you're so special that you think you have the right to violate someone's constitutional rights just because tax dollars pays them?

Why do you think you're so special that you believe you can demand how your tax dollars are spent?

You have nearly no say in how your tax dollars are spent.

If you even try to violate that woman's constitutional right to free speech, you will have violated the constitution and the law. You can be sued by that woman and by the government. She will very happily sue you so that you're financially destroyed for the rest of your life.

Meanwhile that woman will happily keep expressing herself and there's absolutely not one single thing you can do about it.

People like you disgust me.

1. The U.S. is one of just three countries which do not provide government funding for their Olympic program. Instead, the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) relies on corporate and individual contributions, as well as the sale of broadcast rights in order to train and underwrite the full expense of the U.S. team in the Olympics, Paralympics, Pan American and Parapan American Games.

It's all privately funded. Not one penny of your tax dollars is paying for any of it.

I would like to know what makes you think you're so special that you think you have the right to violate someone's constitutional rights just because tax dollars pays them?

Why do you think you're so special that you believe you can demand how your tax dollars are spent?

You have nearly no say in how your tax dollars are spent.
The US women's national soccer team is not an Olympic program per se though they do compete at the Olympics.
But they are a funded team (by US Soccer and they are now demanding equal funding with the men even though they don't bring in nearly the revenue the men's teams do) that competes all year around, not just every four years, against national teams from other nations. So you are just misinformed.
If you even try to violate that woman's constitutional right to free speech, you will have violated the constitution and the law. You can be sued by that woman and by the government. She will very happily sue you so that you're financially destroyed for the rest of your life.
Oh, please!
That's ignorant bullshit!
First of all no has had their right to free speech revoked even if US Soccer were to tell Rapinoe
to stop the political grandstanding, which they haven't done, unfortunately.

And no one will be sued and "and financially destroyed" for the rest of their life (you sound like a six year old) for
saying Rapinoe needs to stop politicizing her time on the soccer field. That is so idiotic.

Meanwhile that woman will happily keep expressing herself and there's absolutely not one single thing you can do about it.

People like you disgust me.
Yes. Disgust is a good word in connection with your post.

Freedom of speech is sometimes a royal bitch. It means you have to allow some asshole the same rights you have to stand up (or kneel) as the case may be to say something verbally or otherwise. Yes, I know it sucks. But to do deny her that right puts you in the same boat with the assholes that will not allow conservative speakers on some college campuses. Do you know how many other countries would have her shot or sent to prison for embarrassing her country and their leaders on the international stage? She ought to take that into account too, but she is who she is and all of us have to accept her rights as equal to our own.

And BTW, I do not see why said freedom of speech should be influenced by whether or not any part of her participation is paid for by us tax dollars. In a way, I'm kinda to live in a country where that can happen; she's on the team based on merit and I like that. She's allowed to freely express herself and I like that. And some of us are allowed to agree or disagree with her and I like that too.

Again, no one is questioning her freedom of speech. Not sure why many here can't understand this. She has a 1st Amendment right to do what she's doing. The 1st Amendment protects her from prosecution by the government. It doesn't protect her from the opinion of others who love the unity that the flag and anthem represent and are offended and may even want her replaced by someone who respects their viewpoint.

And by the way, athletes who kneel for the anthem certainly aren't gaining any new fans, most likely they're losing fans. People who support them already shared their viewpoint. So I'd certainly question her method of trying to get her point across.

That's the difference between a person like you and I.

While I don't agree with someone about something, I don't want them fired from their job.

You have no right to demand that she loses her job just because you don't agree with her.

You're free to not agree and whine about it all you want. The constitution gives you the same right to freely express your views as it does for that woman and anyone else.

It doesn't give you the right to demand that she loses her job just because you don't like what she has to say.

What you're doing is not only violating her right to free speech but her right to liberty. You are demanding that she be persecuted just because you don't like what she has to say.

I served in the Air National Guard to protect the constitution. Obviously you never learned about the concept of respecting and protecting the constitution. At least for people who you don't like or don't agree with.

Last edited:
You know, I joined the military in the early 80's, served 20 years, and retired in the early 2000's. Over that 20 years I was in, I served in 4 different combat zones.

Every year, there was a half a week of training that we did called Navy Rights and Responsibilities. That was training on what was expected of us, how we were to conduct ourselves, as well as a lot of other stuff. Some of which was about the Constitution and our Oath of Enlistment. When I enlisted, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the USA, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. My oath was to the Constitution of the US, not the flag, not the anthem, but the founding document of this country.

Part of that oath means I support and defend EVERYTHING in that document, which means if someone wants to do a peaceful protest, they have the right to do so, whether or not I agree with it. So, it's because of the service of people like myself that allows her do take a knee if she wants, because the Constitution (the document I swore an oath to support and defend) says she can.

As eloquent as that was, you've totally missed the point. No one is questioning her right to do it. Americans are questioning her reasoning for doing it, the timing of it and the message it sends for those who view this as an opportunity to unite the country.

Her reasons for protest are just that................her reasons. If she feels strongly about something (and part of it is the pay inequality), then nobody should tell her that she can or can't protest, or that her reasons are or aren't valid. They are her views, not the views of the country.

And..................free speech means she can do that. Do I have a "right" to question your motives for saying things on these boards? No, I don't. You have the right to say whatever you wish, and I have the right to respond how I see fit. That's how free speech works. And, trust me................there were lots of times in my NR and R classes that the 1st Amendment was brought up. Why? Because as military personnel, we had severe restrictions on what we could and couldn't say, as well as how and where we said it. That is one of the reasons this woman taking a knee doesn't bother me, because it's her opinion, and she's free to it.

She's not part of the team because of her opinion, but because she's soccer player.

Who gives a shit about what she think?
I don't care about what she thinks as long as her political ideologies aren't expressed in a public way that alienate half the nation.

She plays for the US women's soccer team....not the DNC's soccer team (of which there is none).

You mean, you don't care about what she thinks as long as she doesn't offend what you think. Hate to tell you, but you are trying to limit her speech by what you said. Feel free to say whatever you want about this woman, but don't tell her when she can and can't say something that you disagree with.

Freedom of speech is sometimes a royal bitch. It means you have to allow some asshole the same rights you have to stand up (or kneel) as the case may be to say something verbally or otherwise. Yes, I know it sucks. But to do deny her that right puts you in the same boat with the assholes that will not allow conservative speakers on some college campuses. Do you know how many other countries would have her shot or sent to prison for embarrassing her country and their leaders on the international stage? She ought to take that into account too, but she is who she is and all of us have to accept her rights as equal to our own.

And BTW, I do not see why said freedom of speech should be influenced by whether or not any part of her participation is paid for by us tax dollars. In a way, I'm kinda to live in a country where that can happen; she's on the team based on merit and I like that. She's allowed to freely express herself and I like that. And some of us are allowed to agree or disagree with her and I like that too.

Again, no one is questioning her freedom of speech. Not sure why many here can't understand this. She has a 1st Amendment right to do what she's doing. The 1st Amendment protects her from prosecution by the government. It doesn't protect her from the opinion of others who love the unity that the flag and anthem represent and are offended and may even want her replaced by someone who respects their viewpoint.

And by the way, athletes who kneel for the anthem certainly aren't gaining any new fans, most likely they're losing fans. People who support them already shared their viewpoint. So I'd certainly question her method of trying to get her point across.

I dunno man, it looks like some people ARE questioning her right to freedom of speech if she's playing on a national team and getting paid for it too. Especially if some of that payment comes from us, the taxpayers. You said it yourself, "It doesn't protect her from the opinion of others who love the unity that the flag and anthem represent and are offended and may even want her replaced by someone who respects their viewpoint." That sounds like questioning her rights to me, by limiting what she can say or do according to the circumstances.

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

[email protected]

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

For people who scream freedom of speech when it comes to social media and hate speech you sure do want to stop anyone from expressing their views and speaking their truth.

So you only protect speech you agree with. Anyone else who doesn't agree with you must be destroyed in your view.

There is a world of difference between hate speech and free speech. Hate speech incites people into violence. Free speech is done PEACEFULLY.

The US women's national soccer team is not an Olympic program per se though they do compete at the Olympics.
But they are a funded team (by US Soccer and they are now demanding equal funding with the men even though they don't bring in nearly the revenue the men's teams do) that competes all year around, not just every four years, against national teams from other nations. So you are just misinformed.

Speaking of someone who is misinformed, you might want to do a bit more research, because the women's team brings in MORE revenue and has won MORE championships than the men.

Here................let me help you out......................

Why does the U.S. women's soccer team get paid less than the men?

The lawsuit states: “The pay for advancement through the rounds of the World Cup was so skewed that, in 2014, the USSF provided the (men’s national team) with performance bonuses totaling $5,375,000 for losing in the Round of 16, while, in 2015, the USSF provided the (women’s national team) with only $1,725,000 for winning the entire tournament. The (women) earned more than three times less than the (men) while performing demonstrably better.”

640x0.jpg

Soccer fans cheer as the the United States women's national team warms up before a SheBelieves Cup women's soccer match against England Saturday, March 2, 2019, in Nashville, Tenn.
Photo: Mark Zaleski / Associated Press

The phrase “performing demonstrably better” is key to the women’s argument. They are the world’s top-ranked team and will head to France with three stars on their jerseys, one for each World Cup championship. They are the team with well-known names on their roster. They are the team that plays more games annually because of their advancement through tournaments.

So how to we show are love for our nation totally separate from any honor to scumbags like trump or pigpence? This must be divided up so that Americans can show their support for the U.S.A. while not lending any support for trump, pigpence. burr, mconnell, sanders, devoss, graham devoss, etc."

The ways to show my support for U.S.A. women's teams and U.S.A. men's teams, must be separated out so that we are not perceived in any country as supporting these aforementioned devils.

Speaking of someone who is misinformed, you might want to do a bit more research, because the women's team brings in MORE revenue and has won MORE championships than the men.
You haven't demonstrated the women have earned more revenue than the men. The WNBA also wants pay commensurate
with the NBA but their earning power and interest in the women's game simply doesn't merit making more when the NBA is already subsidizing the league as it is.

I don't doubt the US women have won more championships than the men but that's an apples to oranges comparison.
Men's soccer world wide is vastly more popular than the women's game hence the competition the women play in is significantly watered down vs. the men.
This issue is a mere sideline anyway.

Last edited:
You mean, you don't care about what she thinks as long as she doesn't offend what you think. Hate to tell you, but you are trying to limit her speech by what you said. Feel free to say whatever you want about this woman, but don't tell her when she can and can't say something that you disagree with.
She's free to spout off her messages, whatever they may be, as soon as she leaves the playing field.
When on the field representing this country she is offending about half the country with her act.

Of course you don't care about her virtue signaling but if Rapinoe started wearing a MAGA hat during the national anthem you can't honestly claim it wouldn't offend you and possibly enrage you. And I think the other half would share those feelings and demand an end to her antics.

As eloquent as that was, you've totally missed the point. No one is questioning her right to do it. Americans are questioning her reasoning for doing it, the timing of it and the message it sends for those who view this as an opportunity to unite the country.

Her reasons for protest are just that................her reasons. If she feels strongly about something (and part of it is the pay inequality), then nobody should tell her that she can or can't protest, or that her reasons are or aren't valid. They are her views, not the views of the country.

And..................free speech means she can do that. Do I have a "right" to question your motives for saying things on these boards? No, I don't. You have the right to say whatever you wish, and I have the right to respond how I see fit. That's how free speech works. And, trust me................there were lots of times in my NR and R classes that the 1st Amendment was brought up. Why? Because as military personnel, we had severe restrictions on what we could and couldn't say, as well as how and where we said it. That is one of the reasons this woman taking a knee doesn't bother me, because it's her opinion, and she's free to it.

Of course people can tell her she shouldn't protest, or that her reasons are BS. Freedom of speech works for everybody. She trying to sell a point by kneeling. People have a right to disagree and to voice that opinion. If they don't want someone representing their country who disrespects the anthem they can voice that opinion. Freedom of speech is wonderful in that regard. She has freedom of speech, but she does not have freedom from public opinion and public scrutiny.

That fact that your debating her freedom of speech (which yet again I'll say no one is arguing) and not whatever it is she's protesting speaks volumes. Her protest isn't winning anyone over. She's pushing half the country away and the other half is simply trying to argue she has freedom of speech. Yet, no one ever talks about what she's actually trying to say. Hence, the kneeling protest is and always will pointless.

Get rid of her.

Now.

[email protected]

There is a world of difference between hate speech and free speech. Hate speech incites people into violence. Free speech is done PEACEFULLY.

I agree with you.

However those who are having a big problem with this woman not standing for the flag and anthem, want her to be fired from her job and lie about how she is paid, are also having a problem with hate speech people being kicked off social media screaming about freedom of speech.

It seems to me that these people only want those who say what they want to hear to have free speech. Those who don't, must be destroyed.

In other words, these people are hypocrites and have no idea what freedom and our constitution means.

That's the difference between a person like you and I.

While I don't agree with someone about something, I don't want them fired from their job.

You have no right to demand that she loses her job just because you don't agree with her.

You're free to not agree and whine about it all you want. The constitution gives you the same right to freely express your views as it does for that woman and anyone else.

It doesn't give you the right to demand that she loses her job just because you don't like what she has to say.

What you're doing is not only violating her right to free speech but her right to liberty. You are demanding that she be persecuted just because you don't like what she has to say.

I served in the Air National Guard to protect the constitution. Obviously you never learned about the concept of respecting and protecting the constitution. At least for people who you don't like or don't agree with.

I have every right to voice my opinion. Freedom of speech works in my direction as well. Did they not teach you to respect the other guy's opinion in the National Guard? I know many who have served in the armed forces who are offended by the kneeling. Your service doesn't give you a special insight on the matter.

By the way, show me where I "DEMANDED" she lose her job? I suggested she vacate the spot if she hates America enough to piss off half the country while representing. I don't even have say in the matter - especially from an anonymous chat board where we post opinion. The difference between you and I is I don't conjure up bullshit to support my view. So show me where did I "demand" she lose her job?

Do you realize you have yet to debate what she's actually protesting? You and your ilk keep talking about her freedom of speech which no one is debating. These kneeling protests do nothing but divide. No one every talks about the actual protest.

Get rid of her.

Now.

[email protected]

Then give the people the choice to pick the cable TV stations tha tthey want on the Prog controlled Cable TV systems. ESPN costs each subscriber near 9 dollars a month. FOX sports cost over 3 dollars a month. Make them premium channels for your beliefs. Give us freedom of choice on these monopolies. On all the channels.

Here................let me help you out......................

Why does the U.S. women's soccer team get paid less than the men?

The lawsuit states: “The pay for advancement through the rounds of the World Cup was so skewed that, in 2014, the USSF provided the (men’s national team) with performance bonuses totaling $5,375,000 for losing in the Round of 16, while, in 2015, the USSF provided the (women’s national team) with only $1,725,000 for winning the entire tournament. The (women) earned more than three times less than the (men) while performing demonstrably better.”

640x0.jpg

Soccer fans cheer as the the United States women's national team warms up before a SheBelieves Cup women's soccer match against England Saturday, March 2, 2019, in Nashville, Tenn.
Photo: Mark Zaleski / Associated Press

The phrase “performing demonstrably better” is key to the women’s argument. They are the world’s top-ranked team and will head to France with three stars on their jerseys, one for each World Cup championship. They are the team with well-known names on their roster. They are the team that plays more games annually because of their advancement through tournaments.
Professional Women's soccer is like a High School sport.

Forum List

Back