U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

gettyimages-607634986.jpg

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

I sent the following email to
[email protected]

Re: Megan Rapinoe

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

Maybe others can do the same.

For people who scream freedom of speech when it comes to social media and hate speech you sure do want to stop anyone from expressing their views and speaking their truth.

So you only protect speech you agree with. Anyone else who doesn't agree with you must be destroyed in your view.

You aren't a very good American.

There is a world of difference between hate speech and free speech. Hate speech incites people into violence. Free speech is done PEACEFULLY.

I agree with you.

However those who are having a big problem with this woman not standing for the flag and anthem, want her to be fired from her job and lie about how she is paid, are also having a problem with hate speech people being kicked off social media screaming about freedom of speech.

It seems to me that these people only want those who say what they want to hear to have free speech. Those who don't, must be destroyed.

In other words, these people are hypocrites and have no idea what freedom and our constitution means.

You don't seem to grasp the concept that freedom of speech means that a person's right to say something is protected from government retribution . It doesn't mean they are protected from public opinion, or even from being fired. It just how it works like it or not.

May I sing my national anthem and pledge my allegiance to the United States of America wiithout anyone signally that I, as an American, do not sopport the actions taken by the trump/pence administration both here and abroad If I sing the national anthem or pledge my allegiance to my county, I will only do this if it has no ties to trump or pence.

She's not part of the team because of her opinion, but because she's soccer player.

Who gives a shit about what she think?
I don't care about what she thinks as long as her political ideologies aren't expressed in a public way that alienate half the nation.

She plays for the US women's soccer team....not the DNC's soccer team (of which there is none).

You mean, you don't care about what she thinks as long as she doesn't offend what you think. Hate to tell you, but you are trying to limit her speech by what you said. Feel free to say whatever you want about this woman, but don't tell her when she can and can't say something that you disagree with.

I am not "trying" to limit her speech, I just don't care about bullshit she's saying with her "speech".

She's disrespecting her teammates who are standing for the flag and anthem, and since they're standing, they obviously not sharing her opinion. For the same reason many of us stopped watching football and going to the games, she's turning us away from U.S. Women soccer national team. I don't think she cares, but I don't care about her agenda neither. Let's see who got more to lose...

The B***h is getting paid to play a sport to represent this country and she’s so ignorant she protests the very people who are paying her way?

Get rid of her.

Now.

The co-captain of the United States Women’s national soccer team, Megan Rapinoe, told Yahoo Sports, "I'll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” boasting that she is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of "everything I stand for.” She added, “I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it. Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

More of this disgusting story @ U.S. Women's Soccer Co-Captain: ‘I’ll Probably Never Sing The National Anthem Again’

[email protected]

I am extremely angry that a member of a team representing the United States of America should be so ignorant as to protest the national anthem. If she's ashamed of this country - go play for a different one. I sure don't want US taxpayer dollars paying her to play on our team.

It is disgusting to sheep when they see freedoms being practiced.

People in SF have the freedom to take a dump on any sidewalk in the city. My opinion that they should NOT do so doesn't make me a "sheep".

I had never before heard of this woman. But, when I heard what she said, I KNEW she was a lesbian. How did I know? Because it's obvious that she's an intolerant bigot and, in my experience, gays and lesbians are the most intolerant people in society.

I GUARANTEE, had someone on the team criticized Obama (when he was president) like this woman criticized Trump, she would have been kicked off the team in a nano-second and you'd be MUTE.

The problem is that the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem have been politicized, as have been symbols of the religious faiths. People now perceive displaying the flag of our country, or reciting the Pledge of Allegiance as some sort of support for the trump/pence administration and their antics. In religion, the same thing has been occurring, the co-opting of sacred symbols by various religions whose members wish to fight with someone.

I understand why Capt. Rapinoe is doing what she is is doing. Same here, with me. I will opt out of participation until our sacred symbols are returned to their former glory and no longer represent allegiance to a sick agenda.

Rapinoe is virtue signaling so people will all know how superior she is. I find her to be self centered and childish.

Get rid of her.

Now.

[email protected]

If the unamerican bitch wants to show how unamerican she is then let her.

No skin off my ass. I'm sure her stance will bite her in the ass one day.

The problem is that the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem have been politicized, as have been symbols of the religious faiths. People now perceive displaying the flag of our country, or reciting the Pledge of Allegiance as some sort of support for the trump/pence administration and their antics. In religion, the same thing has been occurring, the co-opting of sacred symbols by various religions whose members wish to fight with someone.

I understand why Capt. Rapinoe is doing what she is is doing. Same here, with me. I will opt out of participation until our sacred symbols are returned to their former glory and no longer represent allegiance to a sick agenda.

When you recite pledge of allegiance, you pledging to the flag, not to administration. The same thing is when you stand and put the hand over heart for national anthem and flag.

If she has integrity, and still want to protest, the co-captain Rapinoe should quit the team of the "country that oppresses her".

When you recite pledge of allegiance, you pledging to the flag, not to administration. The same thing is when you stand and put the hand over heart for national anthem and flag.

If she has integrity, and still want to protest, the co-captain Rapinoe should quit the team of the "country that oppresses her".

I see it differently. Saluting the flag and singing the national anthem are now perceived as supporting the orange whore and pigpence. I will do absolutely nothing in public that could be perceived as support for this scum.

BTW: when the American flag was planted on the moon, I was alone. I stood up and saluted. I was proud to be an American.Now, as an American, I am humiliated.

I see it differently. Saluting the flag and singing the national anthem are now perceived as supporting the orange whore and pigpence. I will do absolutely nothing in public that could be perceived as support for this scum.

BTW: when the American flag was planted on the moon, I was alone. I stood up and saluted. I was proud to be an American.Now, as an American, I am humiliated.

In your head only.

The only thing that I ever swore an oath to while I was in the military was to the Constitution. I swore to support and defend that document from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

She has the right to free speech and peaceful protest, which she is doing. I spent 20 years of my life making sure she had that right, and while I might not agree with it, at least she feels secure enough in her rights to do so.

Because the Constitution is still the document that rules this nation, and because people still feel secure enough in their rights to do what this woman is doing means that my service wasn't in vain.

To tell you the truth..................people who don't vote, even though they are eligible to do so, piss me off more than those that take a knee during the anthem. Why? The protesters are using their rights, the people who don't vote, aren't, which means they don't give 2 shits about what I did for 20 years in the Navy.

So let me get this straight, she accepts to represent and play for the country that she refuses to sing its national anthem?! :cuckoo:

The athletes are paid to perform their sport at a very high level, not to sing.

Who really cares if they sing their nation’s propaganda?
The best thing they can do for their country is to help their team win!

So...you are advocating forced "patriotism".....kind of like those people who were arrested and thrown into camps if they didn't go to rallies and give the Nazi salute, right?

I believe thst anyone wearing the colors of a “National” Team does not get the right to have a political opinion while they are a member of that team - just like members of the US Military.

This is not this lesbian bitch’s first go-around with anti-National Anthem protests. She should have been banned from the team several years ago.

However those who are having a big problem with this woman not standing for the flag and anthem, want her to be fired from her job and lie about how she is paid, are also having a problem with hate speech people being kicked off social media screaming about freedom of speech.

It seems to me that these people only want those who say what they want to hear to have free speech. Those who don't, must be destroyed.

In other words, these people are hypocrites and have no idea what freedom and our constitution means.

I don’t just want her fired... I want her banned from ANY form of involvement with ANYTHING related to the USSF and USOC. I also believe that going forward ALL individuals involved with ANY US National sports organization (aka “National Team”) need to sign an agreement not to make ANY political statement/act whil representing the USA.

I don’t believe in Free Speech and have never claimed to. If these folks can’t be brought in line, then maybe we need to disband the USOC, USSF (and other similar organizations) and not participate in international competitions.

How would Ms. Rapinoe respond if the POTUS were to ban the team from participating in the Women’s World Cup in June? Maybe that’s the next step if she doesn’t get in line PDQ.

Last edited:
The only thing that I ever swore an oath to while I was in the military was to the Constitution. I swore to support and defend that document from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

She has the right to free speech and peaceful protest, which she is doing. I spent 20 years of my life making sure she had that right, and while I might not agree with it, at least she feels secure enough in her rights to do so.

Because the Constitution is still the document that rules this nation, and because people still feel secure enough in their rights to do what this woman is doing means that my service wasn't in vain.

To tell you the truth..................people who don't vote, even though they are eligible to do so, piss me off more than those that take a knee during the anthem. Why? The protesters are using their rights, the people who don't vote, aren't, which means they don't give 2 shits about what I did for 20 years in the Navy.

Now I even doubt you were in the military. You signed away your right to free speech while in the military. You couldn't do or say anything you wanted especially with regards to politicians and politics.

This, like the football protests are not a Free Speech issue, but a WORKPLACE CONDUCT issue. She is using her employer and THEIR CUSTOMERS time to protest the very people and country that sponsor her. If I do that with my company, I'd get fired immediately. They can fire her for her improper conduct, and we are free to criticize her.

Last edited:
The athletes are paid to perform their sport at a very high level, not to sing.

Who really cares if they sing their nation’s propaganda?
The best thing they can do for their country is to help their team win!

They are paid to REPRESENT the nation under whose banner they play. Their words and deeds off the playing surface are just as much a representation of the nation as their results on the field.

That’s why I have the utmost respect for the 1976 US Men’s Olympic basketball team while having no respect for certain members of the 1968 US Men’s Track & Field Team. Both made very obvious political statements during medal ceremonies. One proper and one inappropriate.

Now I even doubt you were in the military. You signed away your right to free speech while in the military. You couldn't do or say anything you wanted especially with regards to politicians and politics.

This, like the football protests are not a Free Speech issue, but a WORKPLACE CONDUCT issue. She is using her employer and THEIR CUSTOMERS time to protest the very people and country that sponsor her. If I do that with my company, I'd get fired immediately. They can fire her for her improper conduct, and we are free to criticize her.
Very well put. If Rapinoe declined to assist republican customers at Starbucks, or some other public business, as her public statement of disgust for Trump people would raise a real stink and rightly so.

But I would be surprised if US Soccer, inc. shows that much backbone. People need to register their displeasure.

Get rid of her.

Now.

[email protected]

It is disgusting to sheep when they see freedoms being practiced.

I have no problem with speaking.

I am judging her on what she is saying.

ANd she is a piece of shit.

Supporting her right to speech, does not require agreement with what she says.

And really, it is hard to credit that you can't make the distinction.

Do you want to shut up people who you disagree with?

Forum List

Back