U.S. utility solar contracts 'exploded' in 2018 despite tariffs: report

We'll see more of these spikes as the industry takes advantage of those tax credits before they start to be removed. That's a couple of years down the road, actually.Anyway. As a conservative, I do want to conserve our resources as well. So, I'm all for clean, renewable, energy, so long as I'm not forced to consume it at the barrel of a government gun.
`
I can legally sell back any energy I produce to the power company but they don't like it.
Now that those companies can charge you for line/infrastructure maintenance costs before paying you for the limited power you produce you will gain nothing... January 2019 is when the rules change... you can tell us all how profitable it is then just as wind generation fields will now have to pay for coal fired backup and line maintenance as well.. Your train is about to hit a brick wall...

We'll see more of these spikes as the industry takes advantage of those tax credits before they start to be removed. That's a couple of years down the road, actually.Anyway. As a conservative, I do want to conserve our resources as well. So, I'm all for clean, renewable, energy, so long as I'm not forced to consume it at the barrel of a government gun.
`
I can legally sell back any energy I produce to the power company but they don't like it.
Now that those companies can charge you for line/infrastructure maintenance costs before paying you for the limited power you produce you will gain nothing... January 2019 is when the rules change... you can tell us all how profitable it is then just as wind generation fields will now have to pay for coal fired backup and line maintenance as well.. Your train is about to hit a brick wall...
But you did not make your point. You would have to demonstrate that those costs wod result in a net operating loss.

`
(Reuters) - Procurement of solar energy by U.S. utilities “exploded” in the first half of 2018, prompting a prominent research group to boost its five-year installation forecast on Thursday despite the Trump administration’s steep tariffs on imported panels.

A record 8.5 gigawatts (GW) of utility solar projects were procured in the first six months of this year after President Donald Trump in January announced a 30 percent tariff on panels produced overseas, according to the report by Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables and industry trade group the Solar Energy Industries Association.

As a result, the research firm raised its utility-scale solar forecast for 2018 through 2023 by 1.9 GW. The forecast is still 8 percent lower than before the tariffs were announced. A gigawatt of solar energy can power about 164,000 homes. - Source
`
Despite trump and his coal cartel, the renewable energy industry is still in robust growth.

`

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.

Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.

If you were so proud you wouldn't take hand outs from poor people to subsidize you and your son.

Lol....I feel bad for the kid. Father made him buy a Chevy Bolt for Christsakes. Think of the ridicule from his peers!:ack-1::ack-1:
People with electric vehicles are applauded here not like the looser redneck idjits do in nor car

Where the fuck is here?

If I had a camera I could go outside and take pictures of all the homes and business's and hospitals with giant solar arrays. And Schools too, as well as public parking areas.

So you out don't have cameras on cell phones now?

`
I've tested my system and can go completely off the electrical grid for 40 days, with no problems. I'd prefer to remain on the grid for the minimum time allowed.

`
I've tested my system and can go completely off the electrical grid for 40 days, with no problems. I'd prefer to remain on the grid for the minimum time allowed.
Good!

Mine can go indefinitely. I have a hybrid system of PV, wind, battery, with generator backup.. I pay to remain connected as well but do not resell as it would triple my cost to be connected.

I've been in the biz for decades, there's been so much collusion i would not know where to start. One needs to remember, we're a capitalist society w/capitalist fixes, anything past that is tabliod fodder ~S~

`
(Reuters) - Procurement of solar energy by U.S. utilities “exploded” in the first half of 2018, prompting a prominent research group to boost its five-year installation forecast on Thursday despite the Trump administration’s steep tariffs on imported panels.

A record 8.5 gigawatts (GW) of utility solar projects were procured in the first six months of this year after President Donald Trump in January announced a 30 percent tariff on panels produced overseas, according to the report by Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables and industry trade group the Solar Energy Industries Association.

As a result, the research firm raised its utility-scale solar forecast for 2018 through 2023 by 1.9 GW. The forecast is still 8 percent lower than before the tariffs were announced. A gigawatt of solar energy can power about 164,000 homes. - Source
`
Despite trump and his coal cartel, the renewable energy industry is still in robust growth.

`

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.

Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.

If you were so proud you wouldn't take hand outs from poor people to subsidize you and your son.

Lol....I feel bad for the kid. Father made him buy a Chevy Bolt for Christsakes. Think of the ridicule from his peers!:ack-1::ack-1:
People with electric vehicles are applauded here not like the looser redneck idjits do in nor car

Alot of redneck idiots out there s0n.....nobody buys electric vehicles!

Ford sold more Focus sedans/hatchbacks than all electric vehicle makes COMBINED!!

:auiqs.jpg::backpedal::auiqs.jpg::backpedal::auiqs.jpg:

@www.therednecksareWINNING.com
The red necks haven't won anything but stupid label.

Ford sold more Focus sedans/hatchbacks than all electric vehicle makes COMBINED!!

Says the guy who doesn't have a cell phone.

Who the fuck doesn't have a cell phone in the year 2018?

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.
`
Well, he didn't read the article but those types seldom do. They might gain some of that dreaded knowledge

In Kook's case, I'm not sure if he is willfully ignorant, or too greedy and thus dishonest to acknowledge reality.

`

`

`

Leave my son and family out of your posts. I know you're an a-hole, but why broadcast it.

"Growth".....a fake term used by progressives.

Solar still only providing America with 1.3% of our electricity.
...and growing. What was it 5 years ago? When was your 1.3% number calculated, and by whom?

You dumbass....:aug08_031::aug08_031:...
.that's what it is TODAY!!

My God....progressives live in a bubble 24 hours a day/365. How easily duped by loose association terms like "growing" and "increased". That's the difference between the conservative and the liberal. The conservative, in the face of such terms asks, "As compared to what?" or "At what cost?". The progressive never does. Its fascinating!:2up:

Actually.....the left win on banners and billboards but little else. At the end of the day it is only about who is winning in the real world. The left says the science is "decided":.... certainly a big banner to bow in front of. But spiking the football in front of banners and billboards is ghey.( think David Hogg :deal: )

The decided science has not transcended anywhere beyond the science.:hello77:. It's a banner. Climate change action in the real world is nothing less than a joke.....non-existent.....means the redneck has no banner to bow in front of but is winning HUGE on the only thing that matters: Who is really caring about the science?

Nobody!!:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

Last edited:
`

`

`

Leave my son and family out of your posts. I know you're an a-hole, but why broadcast it.

Then don't post about them and you still didn't answer my question.

`

`

`

I subsidize people like you. As off my 8/31/2018 check I've had:

$13,101.61 Federal Income tax withheld, and $3,600 State Income Tax withheld, + we paid our Real Estate Tax in advance since the tax scam by Ryan and Trump will cut our deductions nearly in half ($15,000 this year).

How has that extra $20 you get in your pay check each week doing for you?

`

`

`

$13,101.61 Federal Income tax withheld, and $3,600 State Income Tax withheld, + we paid our Real Estate Tax in advance since the tax scam by Ryan and Trump will cut our deductions nearly in half ($15,000 this year).

You don't subsidize me fool I subsidize you and your solar panels and electric cars...fact .

You don't subsidize me fool I subsidize you and your solar panels and electric cars...fact .

Doubtful.

Forum List

Back