U.S. utility solar contracts 'exploded' in 2018 despite tariffs: report

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
(Reuters) - Procurement of solar energy by U.S. utilities “exploded” in the first half of 2018, prompting a prominent research group to boost its five-year installation forecast on Thursday despite the Trump administration’s steep tariffs on imported panels.

A record 8.5 gigawatts (GW) of utility solar projects were procured in the first six months of this year after President Donald Trump in January announced a 30 percent tariff on panels produced overseas, according to the report by Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables and industry trade group the Solar Energy Industries Association.

As a result, the research firm raised its utility-scale solar forecast for 2018 through 2023 by 1.9 GW. The forecast is still 8 percent lower than before the tariffs were announced. A gigawatt of solar energy can power about 164,000 homes. - Source
`
Despite trump and his coal cartel, the renewable energy industry is still in robust growth.

`

`
(Reuters) - Procurement of solar energy by U.S. utilities “exploded” in the first half of 2018, prompting a prominent research group to boost its five-year installation forecast on Thursday despite the Trump administration’s steep tariffs on imported panels.

A record 8.5 gigawatts (GW) of utility solar projects were procured in the first six months of this year after President Donald Trump in January announced a 30 percent tariff on panels produced overseas, according to the report by Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables and industry trade group the Solar Energy Industries Association.

As a result, the research firm raised its utility-scale solar forecast for 2018 through 2023 by 1.9 GW. The forecast is still 8 percent lower than before the tariffs were announced. A gigawatt of solar energy can power about 164,000 homes. - Source
`
Despite trump and his coal cartel, the renewable energy industry is still in robust growth.

`

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.

Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.
`
Well, he didn't read the article but those types seldom do. They might gain some of that dreaded knowledge

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.
`
Well, he didn't read the article but those types seldom do. They might gain some of that dreaded knowledge

How about.....sweetie, you just got pwn'd!:113:

`

`

`

And I'm proud to be one of those who installed Solar on our roof, and my son who purchased a Chevy Bolt and has never once needed to stop at a gas station.

Please note the kook who posted in #2; he's a supporter of oil & coal, he earns his living polluting our air, water, soil and the common sense expressed by those of us who support green and renewable energy sources.

If you were so proud you wouldn't take hand outs from poor people to subsidize you and your son.

`

`

`

Well we're all real proud of ya s0n....hope your boy enjoys his Bolt...is he proud to drive a vehicle nobody else drives?:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

We'll see more of these spikes as the industry takes advantage of those tax credits before they start to be removed. That's a couple of years down the road, actually.

Anyway. As a conservative, I do want to conserve our resources as well. So, I'm all for clean, renewable, energy, so long as I'm not forced to consume it at the barrel of a government gun.

`

`

`

If you were so proud you wouldn't take hand outs from poor people to subsidize you and your son.

Lol....I feel bad for the kid. Father made him buy a Chevy Bolt for Christsakes. Think of the ridicule from his peers!:ack-1::ack-1:

`
I haven't gotten around to buying an electric vehicle yet but next year I will be buying a couple of battery operated utility vehicles for land maintenance.

`

Heres some knowledge sweets......

:cul2:Google Image Result for http://www.energyburrito.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/US-electricity-generation-2040.jpg :cul2::cul2::cul2:

Yuk....yuk.....

We'll see more of these spikes as the industry takes advantage of those tax credits before they start to be removed. That's a couple of years down the road, actually.Anyway. As a conservative, I do want to conserve our resources as well. So, I'm all for clean, renewable, energy, so long as I'm not forced to consume it at the barrel of a government gun.
`
I can legally sell back any energy I produce to the power company but they don't like it.

We'll see more of these spikes as the industry takes advantage of those tax credits before they start to be removed. That's a couple of years down the road, actually.Anyway. As a conservative, I do want to conserve our resources as well. So, I'm all for clean, renewable, energy, so long as I'm not forced to consume it at the barrel of a government gun.
`
I can legally sell back any energy I produce to the power company but they don't like it.

Yeah. That's correct. Them good ol boys don't like that, though. Heh heh. In fact, they're lobbying by the hundreds of millions of Federal Reserve Notes per year to discourage it.

Thats not even saying anything about the fact that the science of solar infrastucture and technology is beholden to the same regulations that the oil/energy companies are beholden. The flipdside of that part is that the oil companies/energy companies are penning their own regulation. Which, of course, is always written in their interests in terms of competition.

Yeah. That's correct. Them good ol boys don't like that, though. Heh heh. In fact, they're lobbying by the hundreds of millions of Federal Reserve Notes per year to discourage it.Thats not even saying anything about the fact that the science of solar infrastucture and technology is beholden to the same regulations that the oil/energy companies are beholden. The flipdside of that part is that the oil companies/energy companies are penning their own regulation. Which, of course, is always written in their interests in terms of competition.

`
Last year the power company fools sent me a letter stating that if I do not buy X amount of electricity from them per year, they will no longer service my electrical connections. I told them they did such a shit poor job from the start with that, I finely went to renewable energy. My congressman says they can't do that either.

`

`

`

Lol....I feel bad for the kid. Father made him buy a Chevy Bolt for Christsakes. Think of the ridicule from his peers!:ack-1::ack-1:
People with electric vehicles are applauded here not like the looser redneck idjits do in nor car

If I had a camera I could go outside and take pictures of all the homes and business's and hospitals with giant solar arrays. And Schools too, as well as public parking areas.

Yeah. That's correct. Them good ol boys don't like that, though. Heh heh. In fact, they're lobbying by the hundreds of millions of Federal Reserve Notes per year to discourage it.Thats not even saying anything about the fact that the science of solar infrastucture and technology is beholden to the same regulations that the oil/energy companies are beholden. The flipdside of that part is that the oil companies/energy companies are penning their own regulation. Which, of course, is always written in their interests in terms of competition.

`
Last year the power company fools sent me a letter stating that if I do not buy X amount of electricity from them per year, they will no longer service my electrical connections. I told them they did such a shit poor job from the start with that, I finely went to renewable energy. My congressman says they can't do that either.

Their logic in pulling that stunt is that solar cutomers do not contribute their fair share. Sound familiar? Heh heh. Maintenence costs, I guess it is. Tree trimming, transmission line maintence, work crews, etc.

In other words, you do not contribute to their profit margin...yet they want you to contribute your fair share. lol.

And, yes, your Congressman is correct.

`

`

`

People with electric vehicles are applauded here not like the looser redneck idjits do in nor car

Alot of redneck idiots out there s0n.....nobody buys electric vehicles!

Ford sold more Focus sedans/hatchbacks than all electric vehicle makes COMBINED!!

:auiqs.jpg::backpedal::auiqs.jpg::backpedal::auiqs.jpg:

@www.therednecksareWINNING.com

If I had a camera I could go outside and take pictures of all the homes and business's and hospitals with giant solar arrays. And Schools too, as well as public parking areas.

My neighbor has em. I just have small ones scattered around for night lighting, thats about it.

Forum List

Back