U.S. Unemployment Drops to Record Low

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
There are no signs that Russia's war against Ukraine, which has sent U.S. gasoline prices to record highs and is expected to worsen the strain on global supply chains, has impacted the labor market and business activity...
The claims report showed the number of people receiving benefits after an initial week of aid decreased 67,000 to 1.350 million during the week ended March 12, the lowest since January, 1970...
"These data suggest that the March employment situation report is likely to be similar to recent reports, which have shown strong job growth and continuing declines in the unemployment rate," said Conrad DeQuadros, senior economic advisor at Brean Capital in New York.
united-states-unemployment-rate.png

There are no signs that Russia's war against Ukraine, which has sent U.S. gasoline prices to record highs and is expected to worsen the strain on global supply chains, has impacted the labor market and business activity...
The claims report showed the number of people receiving benefits after an initial week of aid decreased 67,000 to 1.350 million during the week ended March 12, the lowest since January, 1970...
"These data suggest that the March employment situation report is likely to be similar to recent reports, which have shown strong job growth and continuing declines in the unemployment rate," said Conrad DeQuadros, senior economic advisor at Brean Capital in New York.
So what does that tell YOU? It tells me that businesses won't expand much further if they can't find people to hire. (I hope I'm wrong about this.)

Tell me about it. I haven't worked for anybody since I was 60, but head hunter have called me twice this week.

Labor participation is 62.3, below January 2020s 63.4.

Many people aren't counted as unemployed because they are no longer eligible for unemployment benefits.

The U-6 unemployment figure s 7.2%.

This is great news. Tragically it will piss off the Trump trash.

Unfortunately, as long as inflation remains center stage, most voters will gloss over these statistics…

Labor participation is 62.3, below January 2020s 63.4.

Many people aren't counted as unemployed because they are no longer eligible for unemployment benefits.

The U-6 unemployment figure s 7.2%.

Unemployment benefits have nothing whatsoever to do with counting unemployment rates. Nothing.

How many times does that need to be pointed out.

Now... is it "UNEMPLOYMENT HITS RECORD LOW," or "JOBLESS CLAIMS HIT RECORD LOW?"

How many people file a claim for unemployment benefits has nothing to do with how many people still don't have a job.

Labor force participation is still down 1.2 % percent below what it was when COVID first hit and it has been declining for decades.

Unemployment benefits have nothing whatsoever to do with counting unemployment rates. Nothing.

How many times does that need to be pointed out.

People don't apply for benefits they then fall off the radar.

Unemployment eligibility has nothing to do with being counted as unemployed.

Not what I said. I said:

"Many people aren't counted as unemployed because they are no longer eligible for unemployment benefits."

The first piece of information they want to determine is how many people in the household are actually in the labor force, meaning these people have jobs or are actively looking for jobs. Only citizens who are in the labor force are counted in the unemployment rate.

Someone who does not have a job but claims he is not looking for one is considered out of the labor force and is not counted in the unemployment rate. Economists call members of this group "discouraged workers."

You know that has a lot to do with people dropping out of the workforce. So it is not accurate in anyway.

Forum List

Back