U.S. SUVs are sixth worse source of carbon emissions

It's where we live, it's where we vote and we are number two for total emissions. Why does this bother you so much? The same could be said for any other nation on Earth. Look at the per capita emissions of the Soviet Union or all the African and South American cultures reliant on firewood. Why do you never complain about them? Why is it always China and India?
because they are INCREASING their output and you give them a pass while we decrease ours and you constantly whine about it.

acknowledge that we are cutting emissions yearly and start demanding that others do so also.
Who do you want to do this acknowledgement? And how do you envision these demands being made? What would be the consequences of cutting emissions or of failing to do so?

Well, yes it would be better if they drove sedans because sedans get better gas mileage than SUVs and thus spew less carbon emissions.

Sounds great. Now have them design a sedan that can carry a driver and 2 passengers over 6'3", and tow a 9k lb trailer. I'll buy it.

Green plants grow faster with more CO2. Many also become more drought- resistant because higher CO2 levels allow plants to use water more efficiently. More abundant vegetation from increased CO2 is already apparent

I'll keep the paid for Explore and the paid for Jeep, thank you very much. Next?
Yup.
I use my Hemi powered Grand Cherokee, trail rated with tow package and self leveling rear suspension to tow our 21 ft camper, our boat, and then our snowmobiles in winter.
Awesome towing capability, and the thing handles snow expertly.
They can pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands.

Yup.
I use my Hemi powered Grand Cherokee, trail rated with tow package and self leveling rear suspension to tow our 21 ft camper, our boat, and then our snowmobiles in winter.
Awesome towing capability, and the thing handles snow expertly.
They can pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands.
Are you expection to have a fatal accident in the winter weather?

You are probably not such a person, but folks who actually spend their hard earned money to buy/build vehicles whose primary purpose is to give the finger to others concerned about air pollution and GHG emissions have got to be the some of the dumbest fucks alive.

Are you expection to have a fatal accident in the winter weather?

You are probably not such a person, but folks who actually spend their hard earned money to buy/build vehicles whose primary purpose is to give the finger to others concerned about air pollution and GHG emissions have got to be the some of the dumbest fucks alive.
:rolleyes:
Oh, brother.
You put the ass in assumptions.

Well, yes it would be better if they drove sedans because sedans get better gas mileage than SUVs and thus spew less carbon emissions.
Gas mileage is no the only concern of the Secret Service. The protection and safety of its charges are paramount.

The SUV has obvious advantages over a sedan for this purpose.

Correction: After rereading the story, it appears that the 220 million total is for all the SUVs in the world, not just the U.S. The thread headline is incorrect.

Forum List

Back