U.S. SUVs are sixth worse source of carbon emissions

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
The 220 million gas-powered SUVs on U.S. roads equal the total combined carbon emissions of Britain and Germany and constitute the sixth highest air pollution source globally. Purchases of SUVs in the United States soared from 2o percent of all vehicles in 2012 to 46 percent in 2022, according to the International Energy Agency, as reported in the March 5 issue of the San Francisco Chronicle.

But you won’t find anyone in the Biden administration urging people to pick more fuel-efficient sedans over SUVs, or encouraging people to buy smaller vehicles, or urging people to drive less. All they talk about is electric car infrastructure, even though internal combustion engines will be with us for many years to come.

The 220 million gas-powered SUVs on U.S. roads equal the total combined carbon emissions of Britain and Germany and constitute the sixth highest air pollution source globally. Purchases of SUVs in the United States soared from 2o percent of all vehicles in 2012 to 46 percent in 2022, according to the International Energy Agency, as reported in the March 5 issue of the San Francisco Chronicle.

But you won’t find anyone in the Biden administration urging people to pick more fuel-efficient sedans over SUVs, or encouraging people to buy smaller vehicles, or urging people to drive less. All they talk about is electric car infrastructure, even though internal combustion engines will be with us for many years to come.
Who cares? Would it be better if they drove trucks or sedans? Why the focus on SUVs?

U.S. SUVs are sixth worse source of carbon emissions​

Woo Hoo! It make me proud to think that I'm personally making a contribution to making the winters in Chicago less of a frozen hell.

image.jpg

I will never understand why people getting their collective panties in a bunch over the world becoming warmer.

No one takes their holidays in The Midwest in the middle of Winter ... they go to tropical places and bask in the sunshine ...

Young-woman-reading-a-book-at-the-beach-1.jpg

I'll keep the paid for Explore and the paid for Jeep, thank you very much. Next?

Blah, looks like I'm gonna get stuck with my mom's Jeep Liberty if she fails her driving test next month.

2012-jeep-liberty-sport-4x4
Nice. They are sure footed, comfy (though seats a bit stiff, good electronics, easy to maintain, get about 23 mpg at 65 on open road, small and easy to get around in, with suspension to get to the back country, carrying anything you need. What more do you want?

U.S. SUVs are sixth worse source of carbon emissions​

Sounds like they're the sixth BEST source.

Forum List

Back