U.S. Supreme court deals major blow to the ten commandments

I didn't know we were built on the ten commandments?
Take a look at the walls in Congress and SCOTUS...
That would require the libs to be able to read? Not to many of those coming out of public education of late.
Another fucked up lie by another lying ignorant 'Conservative'. It is the red states that have the lowest education levels.

Red America vs. Blue America: State Maps Illustrate the Difference

The Human Development Index
The first map is color-coded based on a meta-measure of a society called the “human development index.” This index was created by the Social Science Research Council as a composite measure of the health, education and income levels within each state—the higher the number (or darker-colored the state on the map), the more developed the state.

american-human-development-index.jpg
You leftists are not educated. You are indoctrinated.
Ya, by God, indoctrinated with those leftist ideas called Calculus, Geology, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. LOL
You don't know squat about any of those. Stop trying to claim other's successes as your own because you are a failure.

That would require the libs to be able to read? Not to many of those coming out of public education of late.
Another fucked up lie by another lying ignorant 'Conservative'. It is the red states that have the lowest education levels.

The first map is color-coded based on a meta-measure of a society called the “human development index.” This index was created by the Social Science Research Council as a composite measure of the health, education and income levels within each state—the higher the number (or darker-colored the state on the map), the more developed the state.

Ask me how many fucks I give about that vs.what's in the Bible?

I'll tell you in advance. The answer is zero.

Oh, there certainly is, but not as expressed by the Left. The intent was to prevent the founding or recognition of a state religion.

Right...so displays of religious imagery on and in public lands would be....state endorsement of religion.

There was never an intent to remove religion from the public square, nor was there any concerted attack on public expression prior to the 1950s, long after the Constitution became law.

Public expression, how? What do you mean? You mean no more prayer meetings in Public places? Good call because these were the kinds of prayer meetings that were happening:

1*8XU3sY_mbNlSFoUz1vccKQ.jpeg

The destruction of religion is a hallmark of totalitarianism. In America, it's easy enough to follow that sentiment to find the source.

Religion is totalitarianism...it's the belief of a higher authority. That is totalitarianism, pal. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Religion BECOMES totalitarian...when it's allowed to control politics.

Are you claiming US politics weren't built on God's word?

PS: The Klan pic is purty creepy. I see a target-rich environment.

I have pictures way older than that.

Matthew Brady, older than that. Yes, I have these things.

Nobody's wearing Klan crap, though.
Really? July 10, 2017.

KKK rally in Charlottesville outnumbered by counterprotesters - CNN

Son! You are derp!

Smack yourself naow!

Ya, by God, indoctrinated with those leftist ideas called Calculus, Geology, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. LOL

Like you completed all of those courses. Don't make me start probing to find which one(s) you failed.

PS: Those are HS courses, not college.

The ten commandments represent religious laws. Of a specfic religion.

The figure of Moses in the frieze above the Supreme Court presented in a context in which he is grouped within a set of historic lawgivers: Menes, Hammurabi, Confucious, Mohammad, Lycurgis and others.
Still not seeing the separation.

and, considering the area, I doubt seriously many in his jurisdiction would now Hammurabi, Confucious, etc.
You dont see the difference between law givers and laws?

On entering a courthouse...is a monument to a set of religious laws in space that is ostensibly governed by secular law appropriate or is it an implied recognition of the authority of a specific religion?

Is one historic lawmaker among a group of historic lawmakers an implied recognition of a specific religion?
...is a monument to a set of religious laws in space that is ostensibly governed by secular law appropriate

Unless the judge is using the Commandments as a basis for his ruling, I see no problem.

I do...because appearances matter, especially in a court of law. I don't have a problem with innocent stuff - like religious displays over holidays on public property, in fact I think some folks get downright stuffy and no fun about it and need to let up. But a courthouse is different.

What would a person think....who's family fled from a country where religious law mixed with government....and judicial and clerical corruption were common...what would they think seeing the ten commandments posted outside the courthouse where he/she was going?

Should we have a monument to Sharia? (nix that - the stroke rate in the US would skyrocket)....

I do have a problem...in my mind - don't ask me why....but of all the branches I hold the judiciary in the highest esteem. They should be free from corruption, secular, fair and to the law while maintaining humanity. Religion is controversial - the more specific the more controversial.

again, if he's NOT using it in his rulings, I don't see the problem.

He brings up "the Lord sayeth", or Thou shalt Honor thy mother and father"...

get rid of him.

Why? :dunno: That's bad or something?

The ten commandments represent religious laws. Of a specfic religion.

The figure of Moses in the frieze above the Supreme Court presented in a context in which he is grouped within a set of historic lawgivers: Menes, Hammurabi, Confucious, Mohammad, Lycurgis and others.

and, considering the area, I doubt seriously many in his jurisdiction would now Hammurabi, Confucious, etc.

On entering a courthouse...is a monument to a set of religious laws in space that is ostensibly governed by secular law appropriate or is it an implied recognition of the authority of a specific religion?

Is one historic lawmaker among a group of historic lawmakers an implied recognition of a specific religion?
...is a monument to a set of religious laws in space that is ostensibly governed by secular law appropriate

Unless the judge is using the Commandments as a basis for his ruling, I see no problem.

I do...because appearances matter, especially in a court of law. I don't have a problem with innocent stuff - like religious displays over holidays on public property, in fact I think some folks get downright stuffy and no fun about it and need to let up. But a courthouse is different.

What would a person think....who's family fled from a country where religious law mixed with government....and judicial and clerical corruption were common...what would they think seeing the ten commandments posted outside the courthouse where he/she was going?

Should we have a monument to Sharia? (nix that - the stroke rate in the US would skyrocket)....

I do have a problem...in my mind - don't ask me why....but of all the branches I hold the judiciary in the highest esteem. They should be free from corruption, secular, fair and to the law while maintaining humanity. Religion is controversial - the more specific the more controversial.

If they couldn't handle the 10 commandments being in front of a court of law. They need to be deported ASAP.

They probably don't belong in America.

That's my opinion, and it ain't changing.

Well...

get rid of him.

Why? :dunno:

What if your father was an umentionable bastard and you are taking him to court for sexual abuse. Does he deserve honoring if he was nothing more than an abusive sperm doner? Will judge kick your case out and tell you to learn to be more obedient? :dunno:

If they couldn't handle the 10 commandments being in front of a court of law. They need to be deported ASAP.

Well...

get rid of him.

What if your father was an umentionable bastard and you are taking him to court for sexual abuse. Does he deserve honoring if he was nothing more than an abusive sperm doner? Will judge kick your case out and tell you to learn to be more obedient? :dunno:

Whoahhh! That has Jack Shit to do with what I posted, wtf?

What if you were spawned by witches in the middle of a corn field amongst 13 young girls' involuntarily taken placentas?

I know you weren't, still, wtf?

BTW, they were chanting something like: "He who walks behind the rows" or something.

Last edited:

Well...

get rid of him.

What if you were spawned by witches in the middle of a corn field amongst 13 young girls' involuntarily taken placentas?

I would have to bill my health insurance for DECADES of therapy...at the very least.

We weren't, ignore this delusional fool. He never met an idiotic conspiracy or a magical pile of nonsense he didn't immediately believe, completely amd forever.
Historical ignorance from the left once again.
Oh no, freaky bigot-boy insulted millions of people! My, won't they be embarrassed!
You're just as bigoted as I am, sunshine.

Well...

get rid of him.

I would have to bill my health insurance for DECADES of therapy...at the very least.

Mmmk. :rolleyes:

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court took sides in a heated dispute over a Ten Commandments display on the lawn of a city hall building in Bloomfield, New Mexico, siding with lower courts that found its presence unconstitutional. It’s a conclusion to the City of Bloomfield v. Felix case that has the American Civil Liberties Union, among other groups, elated, heralding the move as a First Amendment victory. Meanwhile, conservative critics are less than content over the SCOTUS decision. David

U.S. Supreme Court Deals Major Blow to the Ten Commandments
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You leftist assholes have no clue what you are doing as you strip this nation of everything we were built upon and as you retards of the ANTI American hate groups go around turning America into N. Korea you rejects won't realize what you've done until years later. That's how works assholes..............then we all pay for your stupidity even people from other Countries see and understand what is going on yet the very fkning assholes who live here can't see a thing. gawd you fkrs are so beyond idiots.

This country wasn't built on the ten suggestions.

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court took sides in a heated dispute over a Ten Commandments display on the lawn of a city hall building in Bloomfield, New Mexico, siding with lower courts that found its presence unconstitutional. It’s a conclusion to the City of Bloomfield v. Felix case that has the American Civil Liberties Union, among other groups, elated, heralding the move as a First Amendment victory. Meanwhile, conservative critics are less than content over the SCOTUS decision. David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You leftist assholes have no clue what you are doing as you strip this nation of everything we were built upon and as you retards of the ANTI American hate groups go around turning America into N. Korea you rejects won't realize what you've done until years later. That's how works assholes..............then we all pay for your stupidity even people from other Countries see and understand what is going on yet the very fkning assholes who live here can't see a thing. gawd you fkrs are so beyond idiots.

I'm hoping you can discern the difference between suggestions and commandments.

PS: The 10 commandments are the bedrock of American law.

What school of bedrock did you go to? The one with Pebbles and Bam Bam?

The one where they taught people to be self-sufficient.

What was that degree you had again?

The one where they taught people to be self-sufficient.

What was that degree you had again?

Humans were self-sufficient for 100s of thousands years before your mythology was invented.

Ri-iiiight. So why is the US ranked 24th in global education rankings?

Forum List

Back