U.S. stymies interrogators: Direct questions, isolation only options

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
world tribune

The U.S. military has restricted techniques for eliciting information from detainees in Iraq.

Officials said Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, has restricted options for use in interrogations at the Abu Gharib facility north of Baghdad. They said the new policy – ordered on May 13 amid the U.S. Army's investigation of interrogations at Abu Gharib – banned the use of techniques meant to pressure detainees to provide information to military intelligence.

One banned technique was the practice of forcing detainees into physically stressful positions. Until Sanchez's decision, such a technique required approval from the commanding general.

OK, I dont' know about anyone else, but in USMC bootcamp we had this thing called 'thrashing'. Basically its punishment in the form of physical training, alot of it, very fast, and very stressful. Anyone that has had to deal with this knows what it is but I'll tell you truthfully, I'd sell out my grandmother to keep from having to do that shit. Why don't they use that? then they can excuse it away as saying they're ensuring the physical health of the prisoners by letting them workout. ;)

Forum List

Back