U.S. Jews support the Iran deal, despite misgivings

Iran funds Hezbollah in Lebanon, which has waged war on Israel for years. Saudi Arabia certainly funds Muslim extremism, but little of it is against Israel directly.
LOL!!! Look who's asking for a cite now! Well, I'll just have to cite your second sentence. :laugh2:

He will evade and call you names and try to deflect. Because he is a piece of shit dishonest poster who thinks he's smarter than you.
From your reaction, it appears you believe in your heart he's right.
SO you're admitting that you really have no idea what you're talking about? It's a start!
What's with this "admission" stuff all the time? Is it your 'go to' word when you don't have a clue what to say next?

J-Street. A bunch of Jewish quislings. Every one of them needs to be lined up against the wall and machine0 gunned.

So, this puts you on record as saying that American Jews who are not Conservative as you are should be murdered. You realize that that makes you a NAZI, right? Because that is EXACTLY what NAZIs did.

There is no way in hell that you are a Jew. No real Jew would ever, ever, ever say that about his fellow Jews. I would never wish that upon you or any other of the 5 or 6 Conservative Jews out there.

Conservatives really are sick bastards. You prove the point day in and day out. Get help. You need it. I bet that even Jroc, who is crazy as a loon, would not go that far, but then again, who knows. I recommend that you stick to making wrong predictions about Greece, seems to be more up your alley.

guno
jillian
Mr. H.
Roudy
Sweet_Caroline
Mad Scientist

Damn....

Update: notice that his posting was deleted, but not before I could quote it. He really DID say this.
That is not what Nazis did, you ignorant piece of shit. You are truly the seed of Amalek.

Yes, they did, you digusting Ben Zona. They not only gassed us Jews, they also shot many, many, many of us per firing squad.

Do you deny that you posted that?
Idiot. You are a full idiot. Nazis indiscriminately killed Jews, and non-Jews for that matter. Non Jews like you.
Idiot Jews who support liberal causes are not Jews at all. They will cause the destruction of the Jewish people, priding themselves on their open mindedness while they do it.

Keep ranting. Keep raving. Keep spitting on the graves of my relatives. Let the whole word see what a vicious person you are.

And you are wrong, once again. The NAZIs did not just "indiscriminately" kill us Jews, they SYSTEMATICALLY killed us Jews. A real Jew knows this.

Keep that ignorance coming, Rabbi.

This is great, because all of USMB can see it: a rightwinger who claims to be a Jew who then wishes for American Jews who are not of his political stripe to be murdered by a firing squad.

You are pathetic. Truly pathetic.

IRAN-DEAL-POLL.jpg

New poll U.S. Jews support Iran deal despite misgivings Nation Jewish Journal

The Iran Deal Poll Jewish Journal
Iran Questionnaire
http://www.jewishjournal.com/Newsletter/IranMethodology7-22-15.pdf
Tables from the survey of American Jews
Tables from the survey of the American general population

501 US-American Jews, conducted July 16-20, MoE +/-6
Complete survey, 501 US-American Jews and 506 US-American non-jews, conducted July 16-20, MoE = +/-5.2

cohen_graph-jewish-support_72315_539_332_c1.jpg

Among US-American Jews, 49 to 31 = a margin of +18. That's a big margin.

This is also being reported here:

Jewish Americans support the Iran nuclear deal - The Washington Post

View attachment 45815

Jewish support for the deal was 20 percentage points higher than for Americans overall, according to a side-by-side poll of the general public. A separate question found 54 percent of Jews saying Congress should approve the deal, while 35 percent want Congress to block it. Both polls were conducted by telephone in the week after the deal was announced among 500 respondents each.

The relatively pro-deal attitudes of American Jews might be surprising given the intensity displayed by Netanyahu and American Jewish groups pushing Congress to block the agreement. While some liberal Jewish groups have come out in support of a deal, they are probably financially outgunned by anti-deal groups, who are lobbying this week to persuade Democrats to help achieve the two-thirds-majority opposition needed in both the House and Senate to block the deal.

Jewish support for the deal is less surprising given two other facts: Jews are much more liberal than the overall public, and liberals largely support the Iran deal. Fully 53 percent of Jews in the poll identified as liberal, while 28 percent were moderate and 16 percent were conservative, which is similar to the findings of a larger 2013 survey of American Jews by the Pew Research Center. In contrast, the survey of U.S. adults found slightly more conservatives than liberals, 36 to 31 percent.

The poll also found:

View attachment 45817

Those are the figures from this poll. Should other polls of Jewish Americans vis-a-vis the Iran Deal appear, I'll publish them here on this thread as well.

Are you a German Jew or U.S. Jew? Jews do not support this so-called deal. if we include Israeli Jews who are against it over 70%, Jews are 2 to 1 against this capitulation so take your stats and shuv it German boy

J-Street. A bunch of Jewish quislings. Every one of them needs to be lined up against the wall and machine0 gunned.

So, this puts you on record as saying that American Jews who are not Conservative as you are should be murdered. You realize that that makes you a NAZI, right? Because that is EXACTLY what NAZIs did.

There is no way in hell that you are a Jew. No real Jew would ever, ever, ever say that about his fellow Jews. I would never wish that upon you or any other of the 5 or 6 Conservative Jews out there.

Conservatives really are sick bastards. You prove the point day in and day out. Get help. You need it. I bet that even Jroc, who is crazy as a loon, would not go that far, but then again, who knows. I recommend that you stick to making wrong predictions about Greece, seems to be more up your alley.

guno
jillian
Mr. H.
Roudy
Sweet_Caroline
Mad Scientist

Damn....

Update: notice that his posting was deleted, but not before I could quote it. He really DID say this.

Some people say things out of frustration. that is no doubt the reason for the "Rabbis" post . Jstreet is pathetic started by wacko leftist Obama lovers. I'm sure the "Rabbi" is simply frustrated that there are so many ignorant, leftist, like you among his people.I feel safe in saying that because i feel the same way

The thread has been cleaned up. Stop flaming each other.
But he started it!
Anyway, teh Iran deal is a loser, even by the standards this administration set at the beginning. It provides a pathway to Iran to develop a nuclear bomb, provides no effective monitoring, and removes sanctions immediately, providing Iran cash to support terrorists as well as its nuclear program.
Only a turd-brain could think this was acceptable.

This thread is about one poll taken of Jewish Americans, adults who are voters, and their take on the Iran deal. The details of the poll can be found in the OP.

After a shitstorm of real ugliness happened on this thread after it was created, the actual data of the OP stands, exactly as it did when I wrote the OP.

On this thread, I also provided at least 4 good links to the entire text of the Iran deal, so that people can inform themselves.

I also noted that even in polling in Eretz Yisrael, the current high-water-mark of support for a pre-emptive strike on Iran is at 49% and, at least currently, not higher.

While some people have written some pretty damned gruesome stuff and gotten extremely personal, I stick with the facts.

If you actually READ the entire deal, there is not doubt that the "allies" who crafted it get the better end of the deal. By "allies", 6 nations across the table from Iran, not Iran.

IRAN-DEAL-POLL.jpg

Iran Questionnaire

Complete survey, 501 US-American Jews and 506 US-American non-jews, conducted July 16-20, MoE = +/-5.2

View attachment 45815

Jewish support for the deal was 20 percentage points higher than for Americans overall, according to a side-by-side poll of the general public. A separate question found 54 percent of Jews saying Congress should approve the deal, while 35 percent want Congress to block it. Both polls were conducted by telephone in the week after the deal was announced among 500 respondents each.

The relatively pro-deal attitudes of American Jews might be surprising given the intensity displayed by Netanyahu and American Jewish groups pushing Congress to block the agreement. While some liberal Jewish groups have come out in support of a deal, they are probably financially outgunned by anti-deal groups, who are lobbying this week to persuade Democrats to help achieve the two-thirds-majority opposition needed in both the House and Senate to block the deal.

Jewish support for the deal is less surprising given two other facts: Jews are much more liberal than the overall public, and liberals largely support the Iran deal. Fully 53 percent of Jews in the poll identified as liberal, while 28 percent were moderate and 16 percent were conservative, which is similar to the findings of a larger 2013 survey of American Jews by the Pew Research Center. In contrast, the survey of U.S. adults found slightly more conservatives than liberals, 36 to 31 percent.

The poll also found:

View attachment 45817

Those are the figures from this poll. Should other polls of Jewish Americans vis-a-vis the Iran Deal appear, I'll publish them here on this thread as well.
They are "self loathers" (-:

IRAN-DEAL-POLL.jpg

Iran Questionnaire

View attachment 45815

The poll also found:

View attachment 45817

They are "self loathers" (-:

lol....

This thread is about one poll taken of Jewish Americans, adults who are voters, and their take on the Iran deal. The details of the poll can be found in the OP.

After a shitstorm of real ugliness happened on this thread after it was created, the actual data of the OP stands, exactly as it did when I wrote the OP.

On this thread, I also provided at least 4 good links to the entire text of the Iran deal, so that people can inform themselves.

I also noted that even in polling in Eretz Yisrael, the current high-water-mark of support for a pre-emptive strike on Iran is at 49% and, at least currently, not higher.

While some people have written some pretty damned gruesome stuff and gotten extremely personal, I stick with the facts.

If you actually READ the entire deal, there is not doubt that the "allies" who crafted it get the better end of the deal. By "allies", 6 nations across the table from Iran, not Iran.
A masterpiuece of lying and bullshit.
The choice in Israel is not between supporting this agreement and a pre-emptive strike on Iran. That is the false choice fallacy
You have been every bit as personal as anyone else on here.
The "allies" make out OK because they can resume trade with Iran. But the agreement does nothing to further US objectives and nothing to deter Iran from building a bomb.

guno
jillian
Mr. H.
Roudy
Sweet_Caroline
Mad Scientist

Damn....

Some people say things out of frustration. that is no doubt the reason for the "Rabbis" post . Jstreet is pathetic started by wacko leftist Obama lovers. I'm sure the "Rabbi" is simply frustrated that there are so many ignorant, leftist, like you among his people.I feel safe in saying that because i feel the same way
Interesting someone who says they are Jewish is defending that statement

The choice in Israel is not between supporting this agreement and a pre-emptive strike on Iran. That is the false choice fallacy
The "allies" make out OK because they can resume trade with Iran. But the agreement does nothing to further US objectives and nothing to deter Iran from building a bomb.

Have you read he deal, and I mean, all of it?

I never said that that choice in Israel is between either supporting the deal or having a pre-emptive strike.

Please show where I said that the two are bound to each other.

I never said that that choice in Israel is between either supporting the deal or having a pre-emptive strike.

You certainly implied that by citing a poll of Israeli support for a strike. You understand what "imply" means, right?

You certainly implied that by citing a poll of Israeli support for a strike. You understand what "imply" means, right?

Yes, I know what the word "imply" means. And no, I didn't imply it.

For the last time, I ask you: have you read the deal, and I mean, all of it?

Because if you have not read it, you are not qualified to be bitching about it?

Most of Congress has not read the deal. Does that mean they're not qualified to vote on it?
Of course you implied it. That's obvious.
More weaseling from the chief troll of Planet USMB.

Most of Congress has not read the deal. Does that mean they're not qualified to vote on it?

So, you have not read the deal.

Got it.

And I see you are getting personal again.

Do you even have the ability to debate for just two minutes without getting angry at someone?

Got it.

Do you even have the ability to debate for just two minutes without getting angry at someone?
Can you be honest for more than one sentence? This is the basic problem with your posts: you get things wrong and then deny it or deflect instead of admitting it and moving on. Thats why you have zero credibility here.
Can you honestly maintain that this deal, which does not fulfill the administration's opening rules, is good for Israel or the United States?

Got it.

Can you be honest for more than one sentence? This is the basic problem with your posts: you get things wrong and then deny it or deflect instead of admitting it and moving on. Thats why you have zero credibility here.
Can you honestly maintain that this deal, which does not fulfill the administration's opening rules, is good for Israel or the United States?

First, I am going to grant you one point.

Yes, I am somewhat implying that there is a correlation between American Jews supporting the Iran deal and only a plurality, but not a majority, of Israelis supporting a pre-emptive strike against Iran. The correlation comes pretty automatically with Netanyahu's bullish stance on a pre-emptive strike since he is unhappy with the deal. So, yes, I will grant you that.

Now, I asked you a question three or four times, and you refused to answer it.

You are now asking me a question and unlike you, I will answer it right away.

First, the deal does in effect fullfill the administration's opening rules. So, I don't agree with your opening presumption.

As far as Israel itself, neither I nor you live there, so I am not qualified to answer that question. I'll let you speak for yourself.

And though I currently am not in the USA, I am a US citizen and am qualified to answer the middle part of your question:

YES, it is good for the USA.

Even if it kicks the can down the road 15 years, those are 15 years where we do not wage war, at least in Iran.

One less war = one less strain on our economy and less deficit, also less debt.

The reason I keep asking you whether you read the deal or not is simple. I don't think you really know when sanctions would be lifted and under what specific conditions, or what time frame this all is supposed to happen in, amirite?

That being said, should Israel suddenly detect something foul in Iran and decide to launch a pre-emptive strike, as it did in Iraq in, I believe, 1982, I wouldn't stand in their way.

Forum List

Back