U.S. Gas Exports Force Drivers Into Bidding War With Mexico At Pump

yep going to offshore our refining. We already import refined petro products.
Make us more dependent on other countries for our energy.
That is a great long term plan.

And Ohh yes I expect any corporation to do that if we let them.
They will maximize profits thru any means we let them get away with.

We don't let them get away with anything. They do what they think is best.

Have you noticed how we treat the refining industry in this country. If you don't know....get educated.

It is our own fault for being so dependent.

Are you aware of the shutdowns on the east coast. And I recently heard that Hovensa is shutting down St. Croix. That is a 1/2 milliion BPD refinery.

The long term plan is what we have been pushing as a people for a long long time.

You don't like what "we" are doing ?

It is cheaper to refine oil outside the USA.
We need to remove pollution restrictions and cut worker pay by 75% to become competitive in this global economy.

Did you answer the question ?

Don't think so.

I am not so sure we need to remove pollution restrictions or cut pay. You simply can't get the permits you need. End of story.

"Today on federal land, the area where the president has control, production in the Gulf of Mexico is down 30 percent. Lease sales in Rocky Mountains on federal lands are down 70 percent," Jack Gerard, head of the American Petroleum Institute said.
Of course you can point to different examples of it being curtailed in some areas, just like it's being raised in other areas - but that doesn't answer the question:

Has domestic oil production decreased under the Obama administration?

The answer - again - is clearly NO.

As you've shown, it has clearly increased.
You haven't shown that anything he has done has caused the increase.

There are two points being addressed in this thread, in post #1 and post #35

#35 is about the continual Rightwing/Republican lie that Obama's energy policies have decreased domestic U.S. oil production.

I have disproved those lies.

#1 is about how it doesn't matter how much we continue to produce, they will sell off the excess gasoline to foreign buyers in order to keep the gas prices high.

Why don't you address that one, and tell us how we can get the gas prices down to below $2 again as Newt has claimed he can? And as Bachmann claimed she could. And as Perry claimed he could.

The only way gas prices come down is if oil prices come down.

The only way oil prices come down is if we have a steady, reliable source that is enough to keep the market in a place where refiners will produce that much gasoline.

Right now, we are shutting down capacity, not increasing it. And demand only continues to rise.

Newt is smoking something they grow in Georgia.

Of course you can point to different examples of it being curtailed in some areas, just like it's being raised in other areas - but that doesn't answer the question:

#35 is about the continual Rightwing/Republican lie that Obama's energy policies have decreased domestic U.S. oil production.

#1 is about how it doesn't matter how much we continue to produce, they will sell off the excess gasoline to foreign buyers in order to keep the gas prices high.

Why don't you address that one, and tell us how we can get the gas prices down to below $2 again as Newt has claimed he can? And as Bachmann claimed she could. And as Perry claimed he could.

Show me where I once claimed Obama's policies have decreased domestic U.S. oil production. In the meantime, you're the liar. :)

The only way gas prices come down is if oil prices come down.

The only way oil prices come down is if we have a steady, reliable source that is enough to keep the market in a place where refiners will produce that much gasoline.

Right now, we are shutting down capacity, not increasing it. And demand only continues to rise.

Newt is smoking something they grow in Georgia.

Or if OPEC says so......
:doubt:

There are two points being addressed in this thread,

I'm addressing the claim that Obama has done anything to lead to the increase in production.

We could reduce the price by eliminating most of the boutique blends of gas the EPA requires, but that's more of an issue in the summer.

Show me where I once claimed Obama's policies have decreased domestic U.S. oil production. In the meantime, you're the liar. :)

headbanger.gif

Well, I tried.

Forum List

Back