U.S. Fracking's Larger Implications

It's a stat that's probably out there.

The Illinois Chamber of Commerce is working on an economic impact study regarding hydraulic fracturing's potential within our state. Saw a presentation last night. I should have taken notes, but I seem to remember 47 jobs/well drilled. Those are direct and indirect jobs btw.

I keep hearing "It'll create jobs!", but no one says how many, or how long they'll last. Now if a large number of jobs are created, if enough employee wages can be earned to offset the potential damages the wells cause, then it's not quite so bad. However, I've seen the "jobs" carrot dangled before desperate poor communities before with very unfavorable results - few jobs, low pay, and regular environmental problems, most resulting in injury or death.

Fracking will be an answer until coal is thoroughly ended. Then liberals will start dismantling fracking.

Illinois may be poised on the threshold of a fracturing boom ala ND. But then it may amount to nothing.

No matter, the environmental contingent is in Springfield clambering for either an outright statewide ban or a bill that severely limits the practice. Drilling companies have already threatened to pull up stakes.

We contend that existing state regulations regarding drilling/completion/containment are sufficient.
Here- read for yourself.

http://ioga.com/PDF_Files/IEPA IDNR MOA.pdf

PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT : Sections Listing

Last edited:
Fracking also brings small earthquakes and flammable water.

Still think it's a good idea?

What utter horseshit.

Libturds will believe anything, won't they?

Even if it did cause small earthquakes and flammable water, can you name one person who has been harmed?

Just wondering. I saw a report a while back that says a well peaks out at 2 to 3 years. At the rate they're drilling, the frackers will have fracked all the frackable locations in another 10 to 15 years. I was thinking it would totally dry up by 2035.

To put it bluntly, both you and your colleague are retarded.

Hey Grams- not directed at you. It was in response to a post that got deleted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back