U.s. Citizenship is cheapened

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS CHEAPENED

when 3 million children and growing each day, can become citizens simple by their mother’s crossing the border illegally and giving birth to them. The 14th Amendment was intended for people who earned citizenship over a period of 2 hundred years. U.S. citizenship means nothing to these people but free education, free healthcare and all the benefits our social service has to offer.

There are people who have been waiting for years to enter this country legally and we punish them by giving those that enter illegally amnesty. That’s not humane. Those who enter illegally should be punished, and $5,000 fine is not punishment if they never pay it because most of them will not want citizenship, and those who are waiting legally should be rewarded with entry. But 20 million given amnesty will make their wait even longer and that is punishment. I thought American justice punished those who break the law and rewarded those who don’t.

To enter this county illegally is a federal crime.

Illegal Immigration is a Crime
Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

I hate to be "this guy" but you are a citizen simply if your parents got liquored up after the Sophomore hayride and took a "roll in the hay" together.

It's hard for me to say one person is more deserving than another when its something that can be granted by virtue of birth.

I think we should put the shoe on the other foot here. If YOU like and endorse or employ illegal aliens: Let them live next door. Let them marry into your family. Please, don't let me stop you from actions instead of rhetoric. Now, please, do that, then come back here to a similar board in a few years with much gained wisdom, then post. I am posting from the other extreme, I never hired them, my family married into them and dillweed intellectuals like to preach to me? Those same jerks paint me with a broad brush with all those other haters that don't have a freekin clue either. Oh, I know what I am talking about, and this isn't the taunting zone. Yeah, we all have a sob story, alright. Illegals don't quite earn a tear from me. They have a choice: immigrate LEGALLY.

I'm interested to know, would you be inclined (knowing what you know) to let more people from Latin America enter the country legally, As opposed to amnesty?

I think most, if not everyone, would like to see all people living in America soing so legally. The question becomes; as long as they are comign anyway, whats the best way to make them legal. I say they come anyway because we haven't found a way to stop them yet so, chances are good that trend will continue.

We can send a man to the moon, we have equipment in space taking pictures of whatever and we can't stop illegal migration??? What is wrong with this picture? Sorry but I don't buy it. We have illegal migration due to corporations who love and are addicted to CHEAP labor! Let's see what punishing those who employ illegals does. Maybe it will stem the flow but if one looks at the countries which these people come from, I doubt that it will. They use the 'recorded' excuse/reason that they come ONLY to work but I see that as nothing but a lie. They come to get away from the miserable life/system that their country mandates they live under. The chaos, misery, lawlessness.

I have no problem with families who come to the US because they want their children to be born here. I welcome them and their children, provided they are working members of society who are at least making an attempt to become legal. I do NOT want to separate families because someone has children here, and for whatever reason, was never legalized. I have clients like that..and one is the most wonderful woman you can imagine. She has four or five kids, her husband is legal, he works like a dog but has limited English which causes him problems. She on the other hand has lovely English, but isn't legal for whatever reason. I'll have to ask her why not. Probably because they live in the middle of nowhere and it's next to impossible to attend citizenship classes.

That's not to say we shouldn't watch our fucking borders. Yes they're a nice family, I don't want to see her deported...I see no reason to go after the untold numbers of illegals already entrenched in our society, but FUCK letting them waltz over here willy-nilly. They can do it legally so we can fucking track them and at least know they're here in teh first place.

Although I am completely against illegal immigration, I must confess that I do not believe that it is cheapened... How can you cheapen living in the most productive, free, safe, and blessed nation.

It may seem to be cheapened... but folkes are still trying their very best to float here on half inflated rafts, crawl through the Arizona sun, and wait for years to come legally. No that's a very, very, very uncheap thing!

I hate to be "this guy" but you are a citizen simply if your parents got liquored up after the Sophomore hayride and took a "roll in the hay" together.

It's hard for me to say one person is more deserving than another when its something that can be granted by virtue of birth.

I see what you are saying, but I don't think the analogy quite works. OP is referring to birthright citizenship, which is completely different from a couple of Americans that got liquored up on a Sophomore hayride and it resulted in a child.

As for the misunderstood policy of birthright citizenship, it was not meant for anyone that is simply born in our country for any reason to simply be granted citizenship.

As usual, liberal courts have legislated from the bench to misconstrue and misapply the law from it's real intent. The U.S. senate could (and should) change this loophole for illegal aliens. All it would take is a resolution to be passed. Of course dems won't do that because Hispanics make up a huge bloc of dem voters. Once again, a political party puts their special interest of being power hungry ahead of what is actually best for our country.

I see what you are saying, but I don't think the analogy quite works. OP is referring to birthright citizenship, which is completely different from a couple of Americans that got liquored up on a Sophomore hayride and it resulted in a child.

As for the misunderstood policy of birthright citizenship, it was not meant for anyone that is simply born in our country for any reason to simply be granted citizenship.

As usual, liberal courts have legislated from the bench to misconstrue and misapply the law from it's real intent. The U.S. senate could (and should) change this loophole for illegal aliens. All it would take is a resolution to be passed. Of course dems won't do that because Hispanics make up a huge bloc of dem voters. Once again, a political party puts their special interest of being power hungry ahead of what is actually best for our country.

That's indeed a fair account but from a constitutional standpoint, where is the line drawn when it comes to weather or not a child born in the country gains citizenship or not? Is it a number of years required for the parents to be in the us first? Or maybe it can become a citizen only if its parents are citizens. But all of these instances run into issues where people we might obviously consider eligable for citizenship get left out because of where the line is drawn. not to mention, do you grandfather people in?

If you have some specific ideas I'd love to discuss them.

'I see what you are saying, but I don't think the analogy quite works. OP is referring to birthright citizenship, which is completely different from a couple of Americans that got liquored up on a Sophomore hayride and it resulted in a child.'

So this analogy does not apply to some mexicans, central americans, or south americans who got liguored up, got pregnant and jumped the fence to have their child in the good ole U.S.of A.????

So what are your solutions for the anchor babies, Lil/Justin/anybody? Assuming the US doesn't give them citizenship, it's highly unlikely the countries their moms came from will, either. So it would be problematic to send them back.

Any other alternatives that wouldn't require a constitutional amendment?

'Assuming the US doesn't give them citizenship, it's highly unlikely the countries their moms came from will, either. So it would be problematic to send them back. '

If the USA does not give them citizenship, they HAVE to take the citizenship of the country where the parents are from. EVERY country allows them THAT citizenship! Just as they DENY citizenship to an illegal from the USA if a child is born in one of those countries. NO country on this planet gives them automatic cititzenship when born there. WE are the only one.

'Assuming the US doesn't give them citizenship, it's highly unlikely the countries their moms came from will, either. So it would be problematic to send them back. '

If the USA does not give them citizenship, they HAVE to take the citizenship of the country where the parents are from. EVERY country allows them THAT citizenship! Just as they DENY citizenship to an illegal from the USA if a child is born in one of those countries. NO country on this planet gives them automatic cititzenship when born there. WE are the only one.
Even if that's correct, there's very little the US can do to countries like Mexico, Guatemala, or Bolivia if they simply refuse to take the babies back. Short of declaring war, I suppose.

As usual, your post is completely wrong.

The Republicans had the SAME opportunity to pass such a resolution but they didn't do it for the same reasons you accuse the Democrats of.

Fucking hypocrite.

I'm interested to know, would you be inclined (knowing what you know) to let more people from Latin America enter the country legally, As opposed to amnesty?

I think most, if not everyone, would like to see all people living in America soing so legally. The question becomes; as long as they are comign anyway, whats the best way to make them legal. I say they come anyway because we haven't found a way to stop them yet so, chances are good that trend will continue.

Ozzi: I give you a rep point for that question. It's one I have been rolling over in my mind. I have no ready made answer to that. No sarcasm, no hateful remarks, because it's dead on and right to the point.
Then, you add: What is the best way to make them legal, as long as they are coming anyway? Dude, stopping illegal aliens is a good start. Then perhaps after that happens, then we can worry about the details, brother.

Its quite simply, America needs scheap labour and that cannot be provided by the indeginous population. America is broke and needs cheap labour to keep it going hence no real attempt to stop illegal imigration. Its simple economics and nothing more, when the rich move abroad they are getting a better life when the poor do it their stealing jobs , mere semantics.

America is broke, we need illegal alien labor? Why? It's cheap. Let's forget about the various legal, moral or ethical dilemmas people like to overlook. No, why stop at hiring illegal aliens? Why not bring back slavery? Sure, it's immoral and it is inhuman, but wouldn't be much different than what some people are proposing already. But, on the bright side, it's profitable. So is hiring illegals. Yep. Got that going for it, at least. At least we wouldn't be fooling ourselves about how exploiting people at any cost is humanitarian and profitable.

Forum List

Back