U.N. Poodle President...Think about having a U.N.-poodle for president.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phadras, Nov 1, 2004.

1. phadras

phadras Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    There's one thing that justifies the loss of American life, Kerry believes, and that's service to the United Nations, not the United States. "If you mean dying in the course of a United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that," Kerry said in 1994. "If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can effect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no." Such non-American thinking puts the nation at risk, and potentially at harm...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    This just goes to show you in this time and place our nations at. Kerry is not a leader but simply a follower. He'll follow what is best for him, not the best for the country.

3. Redz

Redz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    not being from America, i find it hard to understand why so many americans dislike the U.N, can someone please enlighten me?
    sure the security council sucks, but the genral assembly seems decent enough and they appear to do good work in helping nations to develop.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Whew--not being from America explains some of your posts--the general assembly helps only those whose politics agree with theirs. You already covered the security council---How do you feel about them starving the Iraq people by taking millions in bribes from Saddam??

5. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Redz...debate is a good excercise while in school. The UN has been ineffectual for a long time.....look at all the resolutions threatening dire circumstances for non-compliance....and nothing happens....over and over and over, again.

Big deal....why don't we have universities around the world do the same thing? I am certain there are even some elementary schools that are capable of determining good from bad, as well. But what is the point if there are no repercussions for non-compliance? Seems like navel gazing to me....something we are all capable of, but doesn't really amount to much.

The UN is a waste of hundreds of millions of dollars...that could be put to better use by the donor's own citizenship.

6. Redz

Redz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    what are their politics?
    that stuff with the sanctions was wrong, but the iraqis seem to believe that the U.S was behind that, probable saddams propaganda, but it complicates a already messy situation

7. Redz

Redz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    look the idea of a global goverment has always appealed to me, it seems to me that we spend a lot of time and effort fighting amongst ourselves. better spend if we realised that we are all the same and are involved in the same same fight for a decent life.
    debate is good, rash action creates a lot of problems. a lot of the U.Ns problems stem from the security council set up as states veto anything that effects their interests or their allies interests. reform the U.N, lose the veto of big states. then maybe there would be more action and less talk. what you think?

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    You're just now figuring out that Saddam ruled by propaganda and terrorism??? You call the slaughter of civilians "messy" ? Go live in prison if you want a simple life.

9. Redz

Redz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    you never answer my question about the general assemblies politics?
    i figured out the evil bit of saddams rule in about 1990, just after iraqs ally and weapon supplier America did. i called the present iraq situation messy. the slaughter of civilians is evil, incidentally how many iraqis died in desert storm 2?

10. phadras

phadras Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    dictators who relish in Anti-American and especially relish in Anti-Israeli little pronouncements.. Very Anti-Semetic.. If it were up to the U.N. every Jew on earth would be executed... The U.N. has Libya, yes, Libya, on the human rights commission... The U.N. is now a useless waste of mostly American money...A spineless, gutless, group of pissant dictators.. One world government... Fine, no problem, as long as The United States gets to dictate policy...hehehe