Typical of the GOP-igs.....only want to focus on leakers...while democrats.....

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
The GOP-igs are sooo concerned about leaks coming out of the white house, that that seems to be their only focus in todays hearings. Meanwhile, the democrats who I am sooo proud of, are focusing on Russian involvment in our elections and the idiot in chief's tweet about Obama. The same group that didn't give a damn about FBI leaks during the election, the same group that didn't give a shit about a CIA agent being outted during the Bush years, the same lot that could give a damn about Flynn being a double agent.....all they're worried about are white house leakers hurting their idiot in chief Trump.....can't wait for the 2017 congressional elections, these mf's are going down

The GOP-igs are sooo concerned about leaks coming out of the white house, that that seems to be their only focus in todays hearings. Meanwhile, the democrats who I am sooo proud of, are focusing on Russian involvment in our elections and the idiot in chief's tweet about Obama. The same group that didn't give a damn about FBI leaks during the election, the same group that didn't give a shit about a CIA agent being outted during the Bush years, the same lot that could give a damn about Flynn being a double agent.....all they're worried about are white house leakers hurting their idiot in chief Trump.....can't wait for the 2017 congressional elections, these mf's are going down
make up your mind....one thread the democrats suck and in this one you are so proud of them....if you were not so obsessed with trump and how he wipes his ass,you would realize that your wonderful party is not much better than the one you spend all day obsessing about....

So far, the only CRIME known to have been committed is that someone leaked classified information. It SHOULD be the only focus at this point. There is no evidence of any other crimes.

So far, the only CRIME known to have been committed is that someone leaked classified information. It SHOULD be the only focus at this point. There is no evidence of any other crimes.

In this society we'll need to know who it was first, then we decide if it was a crime or not.

You'll have to wait a while. We don't have Congressional elections this year.

leaks coming out of the white house
Leaks are at times and depending on what's leaked, are worth investigating. It's not the only thing worth investigating. Moreover, some leaks qualify for "whistleblower" status/protection, and as go that class of leaks, there's really nothing to make of it.

As goes the matter of leaking as an act, as a tool, we know that Trump posed as his own publicist and "leaked" information about the nature of Trump's financial status. We also know that Trump has on numerous occasions fabricated information and/or advanced factually inaccurate and/or misrepresentative information, and he's done so regarding matters great and small. (This Week In Trump's 'Alternative Facts')

I note that because it shows us that ethical/moral perspicacity and Trump are, at best, infrequent bedfellows. It also indicates that he has no particular disapproval of leaking as a tool, most especially when he thinks it will aid an end he seeks to achieve. Because we know that leaking isn't beneath Trump, and that he's done it himself, we cannot discount the possibility that he is the authorizer/source of some of the leaks about which he's complained.

Trump has remarked about the leaking of classified information from within his White House. Frankly, it's not clear to me what classified information has been leaked. It's clear that embarrassing, at time salacious, information has been disclosed. That classified info has been leaked is, to me, not nearly so certain. For instance, I'm aware that the fact that Mike Flynn had conversations with Russian officials. It's not clear to me that the content of those conversations was classified.

Trump's claim that the information disclosed about Flynn's conversations with the Russians was in fact classified information is a strange one.
  • If the information Flynn discussed with the Russians was indeed classified, why was Flynn discussing it with the Russians? The Russians are not and were not at the time U.S. allies; thus there'd be no basis for Flynn to discuss classified information with the Russians for at the time, Flynn was not an agent of the U.S. government and would thus have had no authority to have such conversation with Russians.
  • If the nature of the conversations Flynn had with the Russians did not include classified information, Trump's claim about the classified nature of the discussions cannot be true.
  • If the nature of the conversation topics discussed between Flynn and the Russians was unlawful, but not classified, Trump cannot legally veil that fact by asserting they discussed classified information.
Now, it's my understanding that Flynn's conversations involved the sanctions the U.S. has levied against Russia. Flynn had not been emplaced in the office of National Security Advisor, and he was not a government employee at the time of the conversation(s). That raises the question: Why was Flynn, who was not then an agent of the U.S. government, discussing U.S. foreign policy with any Russian and why did he lie about having done so? Whatever be the answer, the fact remains that disclosure of the fact that the conversations took place cannot possibly be classified information. As far as I know, the specific details of the conversation about the sanctions have not been disclosed.

As I sit here typing, I cannot find anything that indicates classified information has been leaked.

leaks coming out of the white house
Leaks are at times and depending on what's leaked, are worth investigating. It's not the only thing worth investigating. Moreover, some leaks qualify for "whistleblower" status/protection, and as go that class of leaks, there's really nothing to make of it.

As goes the matter of leaking as an act, as a tool, we know that Trump posed as his own publicist and "leaked" information about the nature of Trump's financial status. We also know that Trump has on numerous occasions fabricated information and/or advanced factually inaccurate and/or misrepresentative information, and he's done so regarding matters great and small. (This Week In Trump's 'Alternative Facts')

I note that because it shows us that ethical/moral perspicacity and Trump are, at best, infrequent bedfellows. It also indicates that he has no particular disapproval of leaking as a tool, most especially when he thinks it will aid an end he seeks to achieve. Because we know that leaking isn't beneath Trump, and that he's done it himself, we cannot discount the possibility that he is the authorizer/source of some of the leaks about which he's complained.

Trump has remarked about the leaking of classified information from within his White House. Frankly, it's not clear to me what classified information has been leaked. It's clear that embarrassing, at time salacious, information has been disclosed. That classified info has been leaked is, to me, not nearly so certain. For instance, I'm aware that the fact that Mike Flynn had conversations with Russian officials. It's not clear to me that the content of those conversations was classified.

Trump's claim that the information disclosed about Flynn's conversations with the Russians was in fact classified information is a strange one.
  • If the information Flynn discussed with the Russians was indeed classified, why was Flynn discussing it with the Russians? The Russians are not and were not at the time U.S. allies; thus there'd be no basis for Flynn to discuss classified information with the Russians for at the time, Flynn was not an agent of the U.S. government and would thus have had no authority to have such conversation with Russians.
  • If the nature of the conversations Flynn had with the Russians did not include classified information, Trump's claim about the classified nature of the discussions cannot be true.
  • If the nature of the conversation topics discussed between Flynn and the Russians was unlawful, but not classified, Trump cannot legally veil that fact by asserting they discussed classified information.
Now, it's my understanding that Flynn's conversations involved the sanctions the U.S. has levied against Russia. Flynn had not been emplaced in the office of National Security Advisor, and he was not a government employee at the time of the conversation(s). That raises the question: Why was Flynn, who was not then an agent of the U.S. government, discussing U.S. foreign policy with any Russian and why did he lie about having done so? Whatever be the answer, the fact remains that disclosure of the fact that the conversations took place cannot possibly be classified information. As far as I know, the specific details of the conversation about the sanctions have not been disclosed.

As I sit here typing, I cannot find anything that indicates classified information has been leaked.
And yet that's all the GOP igs want to focus on. Its apparent they do not want to focus on Trumps relationship with Russia.

Russian's involvement ? Did it involve voter fraud ? No. Of course I could point out the Obama administration using taxpayer money to influence the Israeli elections but that was ignored.
Obama State Dept: $350K For Campaign Infrastructure Used Against Netanyahu In Israel Election

The CIA agent you're talking about has admitted it was a stupid mistake and not deliberate so...
Valerie Plame: CIA outing 'colossally stupid'

Seeing that the left continues to double down on the same shit that has lost them the Senate and the White House I predict more seats to go to Republicans. I don't need to post any links for this just a case of open eyes are all thats needed.

In this society we'll need to know who it was first, then we decide if it was a crime or not.

Wrong. It was a felony no matter who leaked the information.

Yeah, pathetic democrats wanted to focus on "collusion", something there is absolutely no evidence for, as stated by Clapper and many congressional leaders, who had been briefed in classified hearings.

Forum List

Back