Two questions: Neg / Pos reps, and "trophies":

Rep is dead.

Long live "like", "agree" and "informative".

So there is no way to indicate if you don't like what somebody is posting?

One would think there should be a "hate" or "dislike" button next to the three choices as well.

What are trophy points and how to you award someone? Do you get them automatically based on how many "likes" you get? This is a little childish if you ask me.

One would think so, because it balances out the 'thanks', 'agree', 'informative' buttons. If you disagree you now have to state so and say why; if you agree you just have to push a button without comment. No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

The bigger part of rep being gone (and why they didn't just remove rep ability from the abusers instead of ruining it for all of us is a puzzlement for sure) is that now there aren't any rep comments you can send. What was an easy way to communicate and converse with others in private has now been made cumbersome and no one bothers. Makes this place less friendly and more sterile, imo.
I think they'd rather you converse in public in the boards. Big brother is watching.

Rep is dead.

One would think there should be a "hate" or "dislike" button next to the three choices as well.

What are trophy points and how to you award someone? Do you get them automatically based on how many "likes" you get? This is a little childish if you ask me.

One would think so, because it balances out the 'thanks', 'agree', 'informative' buttons. If you disagree you now have to state so and say why; if you agree you just have to push a button without comment. No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

The bigger part of rep being gone (and why they didn't just remove rep ability from the abusers instead of ruining it for all of us is a puzzlement for sure) is that now there aren't any rep comments you can send. What was an easy way to communicate and converse with others in private has now been made cumbersome and no one bothers. Makes this place less friendly and more sterile, imo.
I think they'd rather you converse in public in the boards. Big brother is watching.

If they didn't want any private conversations between posters they'd remove the ability to do that. I think the 'start a conversation' tab is the same as a 'pm' on the old board. The whole flow of commenting privately on something a poster stated (via the rep comment) and the discussions/conversations that ensued from that is gone. I guess people getting their panties in a bunch over being negged rep trumped the benefits of rep. :dunno:

Rep is dead.

Why does a world have to have negatives? Trophy points are automatic based on likes and other factors. We didn't ask you. Not planning to either. Enjoy.

Rep is dead.

Why does a world have to have negatives? Trophy points are automatic based on likes and other factors. We didn't ask you. Not planning to either. Enjoy.

Well exuuuuuuse me. Ha ha ha.

Forum List

Back