Two Questions for our Liberal friends

So we need to raise taxes now, which will take money from people, so the gov't can give money back to people?
Are you sure you are quite all right?

No, we need to raise taxes now so that we don't continue to borrow money to make up for the lost revenue

Hey, here's an idea: cut spending instead.
Probably never occurred to you, right?

Here's a better idea.....Do both

With a $13 trillion deficit you cut debt twice as fast

Probably never occured to you, right?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sallow
2. A progressive tax basically removes the needs to audit to crap out of everyone of those CEOs who have no trouble voting themselves multimillion dollar bonuses while cutting benefits (which have to be picked up by the gov) and jobs.

Of all the CON$ that play dumb, you easily play the dumbest! :rofl:

Please cite any evidence of any CEO casting a vote within our government... you made the asinine claim, you back it up with some fact or just admit to your typical propaganda bullshitting

You see... ones like you like to use this little scare tactic... What next, an unsubstantiated claim that the world is run by The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up??? :rolleyes:
Doubling down on the dumb act! :rofl:

Why don't YOU show where Sallow said anything about CEOs voted IN GOVERNMENT in the first place!!!
That's right, he didn't so you can't. :rofl:

Well... then what right do you have to say what they do in a privately owned business is right or wrong or should be something controlled by your opinion...

You think their compensation is wrong, or their decisions are wrong, or whatever else... take your business elsewhere... but if it's their company, their business... and if not their company, it is up to the company owners, not you nor the government

Lad, economies do not work like clocks.

As the economic circumstances change responses must change to fit the circumstance.

There is a time to lower taxes...when the supply side is short of dough.

There is a time to raise taxes, too.

When the supply side has plenty of money, the consumer does not, and the government needs to infuse the economy with money to kick start it back again.

LIKE NOW.

So we need to raise taxes now, which will take money from people, so the gov't can give money back to people?

No, we need to raise taxes now so that we don't continue to borrow money to make up for the lost revenue

Agreed...

raise the taxes on that ~50% that pay no taxes to the same rate as what the top 1% pay....

But I sure bet you will have liberals calling for a cut in spending and the tax rate then, now wouldn't ya??

Quote: Originally Posted by Sallow
2. A progressive tax basically removes the needs to audit to crap out of everyone of those CEOs who have no trouble voting themselves multimillion dollar bonuses while cutting benefits (which have to be picked up by the gov) and jobs.

Please cite any evidence of any CEO casting a vote within our government... you made the asinine claim, you back it up with some fact or just admit to your typical propaganda bullshitting

You see... ones like you like to use this little scare tactic... What next, an unsubstantiated claim that the world is run by The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up??? :rolleyes:
Doubling down on the dumb act! :rofl:

Why don't YOU show where Sallow said anything about CEOs voted IN GOVERNMENT in the first place!!!
That's right, he didn't so you can't. :rofl:

Well... then what right do you have to say what they do in a privately owned business is right or wrong or should be something controlled by your opinion...

You think their compensation is wrong, or their decisions are wrong, or whatever else... take your business elsewhere... but if it's their company, their business... and if not their company, it is up to the company owners, not you nor the government
There you go again, making up things I never said.

All I said was you play dumber than any other CON$ervative who plays dumb!!!!
What a moron!!! :rofl:

Agreed...

raise the taxes on that ~50% that pay no taxes to the same rate as what the top 1% pay....

But I sure bet you will have liberals calling for a cut in spending and the tax rate then, now wouldn't ya??

How many REPUBLICAN votes do you have for raising taxes on the poor, the low income, the working class that comprises that half of the population?

Wouldn't cutting federal spending have the same impact as raising taxation, in relation to reducing the Obammunist's irrational, perpetual, and stupid desire for borrowing more money?

Once again, the entire world sacrificed during these times, but hell no, not Uncle Sam.

You spent gazillions on government, it is gone already. Now what? Spend gazillions more? Rob more Americans?

At some point, sanity has to kick in, and the bullshit ends. Whether ewe like it or not.

No one likes paying taxes. When I worked at White Castle, people bitched about the taxes. But when you hear that a school has to cut their budgets and lay off teachers, people get upset about it. People want to pay less taxes, but as soon as a politician mentions what they want to cut. People throw a fit and complain you can't cut that. Cut something else.

I actually agree with what your saying up until this point. The statement where you say, No one likes paying taxes. It's not that no one likes paying taxes. Paying taxes for education budget, highways, I live in Missouri too and the roads there are dreadful, utilities and so forth is one thing. People don't want to keep paying higher taxes for programs like welfare and divisions in the welfare system like WIC, section 8 housing. Keeping folks to dependent on the government to take care of them.

Agreed...

OK

How much revenue do you expect to raise off of those who have less tha 2.5% of the nations wealth vs those who have over 70% of the nations wealth?

Agreed...

OK

How much revenue do you expect to raise off of those who have less tha 2.5% of the nations wealth vs those who have over 70% of the nations wealth?

Are you confusing wealth with income? Yet again??

Agreed...

How many REPUBLICAN votes do you have for raising taxes on the poor, the low income, the working class that comprises that half of the population?

More than Democratic votes.

Agreed...

OK

Are you confusing wealth with income? Yet again??

Not at all

Those 50% of Americans who rightwingers want to tax control 2.5% of the nations wealth. That 2.5% must pay for their rent, food, healthcare, their childrens education and now Republicans want to add to their tax burden

Ya, my understanding about the "Trickle Down Effect" is that the richest entity mankind has ever seen, the US federal government, could take in gazillions every year, and somehow that would filter back to the little people somehow.

Is this where I'm supposed to thank a liberal for my block of government cheese?

Clearly, Uncle Sam has failed.

They won't. Who is claiming that they will?
They won't hurt employment rates either.

The tax system is already incredibly regressive. The richest people in America pay less of a percentage of their income in tax than I do. You want to make it more so?

That is completely false. Already the anticipation of higher taxes has hurt hiring. While there are other factors, this one is very much valid.
That's completely invalid.

The only thing that is being anticipated is the GOP making gains in the upcoming election, and THAT is what is killing hiring.

Difference is, yours is purely opinion while mine is supported with facts.

That is completely false. Already the anticipation of higher taxes has hurt hiring. While there are other factors, this one is very much valid.
That's completely invalid.

The only thing that is being anticipated is the GOP making gains in the upcoming election, and THAT is what is killing hiring.

Difference is, yours is purely opinion while mine is supported with facts.

I don't disagree with you. But the OP was a troll post, so I responded in kind.

Forum List

Back