Two of the Best Jokes Ever!!!

Bizarro Girl lives in a world where businesses can survive without government.

Forgetting that these "rugged individualists" wouldn't last a week without legal protections, law enforcement, patent rights, and of course, the lucrative government contracts they all compete for.

businesses survive in spite of Govt.

No, businesses survive because of government. Otherwise, they'd be sitting in their stores, with their shotguns, in the dark, hoping no one loots their store instead of bartering for goods.

However, thanks to government, they have police protection, government provided utilities, and legal tender issued by the government to take in exchange for their goods and services.

Ever notice that the more wrong the rightwingers are about something, the more stubbornly they deny it, the more they try to keep arguing about?

The birthers, of course, is the best example, but this is another good one.

Wrong about what exactly? The President wags his finger at hard working Americans whose hard working parents and hard working grandparents and so on and so forth have ALL contributed to building all of the things we share as a collective society. Roads and bridges so we can go to work..for the man! lol We have every right to ask where the hell did all our tax dollars go and how come our roads and bridges still suck, for example. And how come they have sold our best interest out to corporations? Cry me a river for Politicians who insult hard working Americans and dismiss their concerns.

Hey, Barack, that Presidency...YOU didn't build that. :eusa_clap:

Normal people have no problem understanding what the President said.

Conservatives have no problem manufacturing an entirely fictitious narrative to dishonestly represent what the President said.

That, in the bigger picture, is a fundamental difference between normal people and conservatives.

2. Yesterday, I offered an OP about Obama’s claim that no hard working, innovative, entrepreneur should get credit for a successful business...

‘If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.’

3. Several of the Obama defenders actually claimed that if one reads the full speech in a certain way, Obama wasn’t saying what he said.

That's true. If you read it as plain English, the way a normal English-speaker would, it doesn't look like the wingnut lies about it.

2. Yesterday, I offered an OP about Obama’s claim that no hard working, innovative, entrepreneur should get credit for a successful business...

‘If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.’

3. Several of the Obama defenders actually claimed that if one reads the full speech in a certain way, Obama wasn’t saying what he said.

That's true. If you read it as plain English, the way a normal English-speaker would, it doesn't look like the wingnut lies about it.

"...you didn’t write this post. Somebody else made that happen.’

Forgetting that these "rugged individualists" wouldn't last a week without legal protections, law enforcement, patent rights, and of course, the lucrative government contracts they all compete for.
JoeB lives in a bizarro world where he thinks nothing can be accomplished without gov't assistance, forgetting that this country was created by an all volunteer force fighting gov't "assistance".

A grammar site gave an interesting example that was relevant.

"We fed the bananas to the monkeys because they were ripe."

To believe the conservatives version of what the president said, you have to believe in the above sentence that it's the monkeys who are ripe, not the bananas.

I keyed the words but I'm not strutting-about as if I'd invented the language, the computer and the internet. That's pretty much what wingnuts want us to believe about whatever they post.

To believe the conservatives version of what the president said, you have to believe in the above sentence that it's the monkeys who are ripe, not the bananas.

So much of wingnut "debate" rests on superfine parsing or distortions of good faith statements. We saw it in what they did to Howard Dean's "scream" and the President's joke about the 57 states. It's shameful and not worthy of the political tradition we like to think we have.

The problem is that prior to his guaranteed sweep of all 57 states, Barack Obama came prancing out of his Neo-Marxist closet dressed in full "I hate America and all it stands for" drag, and the Left is telling us, "no you didn't just see that."

Uh huh, we sure did. Obama is not just unAmerican, he anti-American.

Two of the biggest jokes ever:

Ronnie Reagan.

'W'.

Odd how somethings funny can make one weep.

What was Obama's point? That you can't do squat without the government's help?

That's his opinion, but it shouldn't be everyone else's. Fact is every successful person in America has had the bill of rights to protect them but Obama wants us to believe that all of the ingenuity and sweat is meaningless. That we're all just worker-bees and nobody is better than anyone else at anything.

That's the essence of anti-Americanism.

Obama just dropped trou and showed us his communist roots.

Not at all, there is a limit to their role, currently they have exceeded that limit, you're too STUPID to understand this, 69+MILL people like your self couldn't see it in '08 either, he has done almost everything as advertised, you can't fix stupid, just get use to it...

I keyed the words but I'm not strutting-about as if I'd invented the language, the computer and the internet. That's pretty much what wingnuts want us to believe about whatever they post.

NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

Government held your little paw and moved it to each key.....

....get with the program!!!

So much of wingnut "debate" rests on superfine parsing or distortions of good faith statements. We saw it in what they did to Howard Dean's "scream" and the President's joke about the 57 states. It's shameful and not worthy of the political tradition we like to think we have.

No, it does't.

It rests on your admitting the truth.

Somehow, you on the Left can never connect the dots, call upon experience or evidence....

Like this:

"Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday that his wife, as well as the wife of President Barack Obama, would have had “no chance” in life had it not been for government help. According to vice presidential pool reports:
I know, literally, Barack and I talk about it. Neither one of us would have had any shot,” Biden said. “The same with our wives. Both wives are smarter than both of us. Literally, these very accomplished women would not have any chance without some help.”
Jill and Michelle ‘Would Not Have Any Chance’ Without Govt. | Washington Free Beacon

The same message:

One more message for you:

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Wise up.

Not at all, there is a limit to their role, currently they have exceeded that limit, you're too STUPID to understand this, 69+MILL people like your self couldn't see it in '08 either, he has done almost everything as advertised, you can't fix stupid, just get use to it...

"...you're too STUPID..."

No.....it's worse than that, GWV....

ErroneousJoe knows exactly what he is doing.

It's based on this:

Saul Alinsky, echoing Lenin, justified almost any immoral act, especially dishonesty and hypocrisy: “…a true community organizer "does not have a fixed truth truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing. He is a political relativist.”
Is there a Saul Alinsky Portrait in the White House?

You can tell who his idol is, can't you.

Forum List

Back