Two best tear jerkin country songs..Male artist and Female.

Ya gotta remember,it's also about the death of a child that drove billy joe to suicide and the fact they had to hide the pregnancy.
It's the total tragedy song.

That doesn't make it any better. He left her to have to deal with all the shit alone? Not just the child's death but his too? What a fucking piece of shit coward!

Yeah, it's a tragedy song for sure, it just doesn't evoke much of a teary response from me.

I agree with George Jones but my female song is:

How prophetic of her looking coked out and saying goodbye to her fans.

Seriously?

Sorry
I agree with George Jones but my female song is:

Seriously?

Sorry, there was a Whitney Houston video on this page for a minute. I thought I was replying to THAT version of "I Will Always Love You".

Are you, by chance, talking about Whitney Houston?

Yes I was. I swear there was a W H video on this page for a minute. She was all sweaty and looked like she had been on a binge. She kept saying you...you ..you and pointing to the audience while singing the song. As if it was her fair well.

Vince Gill and Patty Loveless... a song he wrote about his brother's passing away... sang for George Jones at his tribute concert...

Last edited:

On a side note....I gotta say thanks for posting that link,it brings back some great memories.

Ya...Don is one of the pure country singing men I have a lot of respect and admiration for. That tune is one of my favorites. It brings back memories of when I was a child living on our farm in the country.

Ya gotta remember,it's also about the death of a child that drove billy joe to suicide and the fact they had to hide the pregnancy.
It's the total tragedy song.

That doesn't make it any better. He left her to have to deal with all the shit alone? Not just the child's death but his too? What a fucking piece of shit coward!

Yeah, it's a tragedy song for sure, it just doesn't evoke much of a teary response from me.

The baby died during child birth if I remember correctly and they both threw it off the Tallahatchie bridge.
Billy Joe lost it and jumped shortly after.

On a side note....I gotta say thanks for posting that link,it brings back some great memories.

Ya...Don is one of the pure country singing men I have a lot of respect and admiration for. That tune is one of my favorites. It brings back memories of when I was a child living on our farm in the country.

Yeah it does.
I was around 14 when it came out and it still reminds me of bailing hay and bringing in the neighbors dairy cows for the free butter and whole milk.

Forum List

Back