TV Famine:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Having grown accustomed to such exceptional Sunday evening diversions as Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Shameless, Selfridge, Nurse Jackie, Sopranos, Gunsmoke, Rome, and some I've probably missed, I am having withdrawal symptoms tonight with nothing to look forward to watching but what appears to be a comparatively anemic, nonsensical series, The Leftovers, to look forward to.

If HBO, Showtime, Encore, and other premium channels don't start coming across with something to look forward to I'm going to cancel my subscriptions and spend that money on NetFlix.

We got rid of Cable TV a little over two years ago. Plenty of places we can go to get the series we like. Downton Abbey, House of Cards.

Plus YouTube has plenty of Documentary films and full length movies as well.

Go to HBOGo and look for new shows you haven't seen. I have been on this Walking Dead Marathon the past 2 days. When it is over, I will be looking for something else.
Believe it or not, i have never seen Breaking Bad. That might be my new one I hunt for and watch.

Go to HBOGo and look for new shows you haven't seen. I have been on this Walking Dead Marathon the past 2 days. When it is over, I will be looking for something else.
Believe it or not, i have never seen Breaking Bad. That might be my new one I hunt for and watch.

Have you seen House of Cards? That's a real good'n.

While I'm waiting for the next season (Feb or so) I figured on watching Breaking Bad. I'm up to season 2, ep 8 (or something like that).

While I'm waiting for the next season (Feb or so) I figured on watching Breaking Bad. I'm up to season 2, ep 8 (or something like that).
I must confess I've never heard of House Of Cards. But if you say it's that good I'll look for it at On Demand. (What's it about?)

I must confess I've never heard of House Of Cards. But if you say it's that good I'll look for it at On Demand. (What's it about?)

I believe that House of Cards is only available from Netflix...

It's about politics, stars Kevin Spacey.

The second season of Ray Donovan starts soon...
Ray Donovan is pretty good but it's a low-budget contrivance and not in the same class as Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Rome, Deadwood, Downton Abbey, Selfridge, and a few other real masterpieces. These low-budget bang-bang operas cost comparatively little to produce. No costumes, contemporary sets and scenery, so it seems HBO, Showtime, Encore, and the rest are charging us more and giving us less.

The only thing we can do about it is start canceling subscriptions and telling them why.

Having grown accustomed to such exceptional Sunday evening diversions as Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Shameless, Selfridge, Nurse Jackie, Sopranos, Gunsmoke, Rome, and some I've probably missed, I am having withdrawal symptoms tonight with nothing to look forward to watching but what appears to be a comparatively anemic, nonsensical series, The Leftovers, to look forward to.

If HBO, Showtime, Encore, and other premium channels don't start coming across with something to look forward to I'm going to cancel my subscriptions and spend that money on NetFlix.

How about a book! :lol:

60 mins is always good TV. The history and military channel have some good programs. But I will agree not many good show on.

The second season of Ray Donovan starts soon...
Ray Donovan is pretty good but it's a low-budget contrivance and not in the same class as Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Rome, Deadwood, Downton Abbey, Selfridge, and a few other real masterpieces. These low-budget bang-bang operas cost comparatively little to produce. No costumes, contemporary sets and scenery, so it seems HBO, Showtime, Encore, and the rest are charging us more and giving us less.

The only thing we can do about it is start canceling subscriptions and telling them why.

I've been a fan of Liev Schreiber for a while. I don't go to the theatre these days so I see the show as an opportunity to watch him work. I still have the last of Mr. Selfridge to watch, I can never pass on Piven...

Never got into Breaking, Deadwood, or Downton...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back