TV evangelists need to pay taxes

It a sin to actually deceive people by pretending you are a healer and say "you are healed" and then get donations for it that you then use to buy your luxuory mansion. YOu however did not see that and went right for the 'the rich didn't pay their fair share' line. It only proves how people on the left can't distinguish between real crimes that defrauds someoneof their money and actually just having a lot of it.

"You, however did not see that and went for the "rich didn't pay their fair share' line. It only proves how people on the left can not distinguyish between real crimes that defrauds someone of their $ and actually just having a lot of it"

1. I am very rich. Accordingly, as usual, you have no case.
2. I am not on the "left". I vote Republican when they have a real candidate and Libertarian the rest.
3. I investigate white collar crime fora living at $100 an hour.
4. Your attempts at being a psychic are weak.

Try again son.

Step 1) Benny Hinn just revealed he has three luxury residences in southern California in his divorce proceedings.
Step 2) This crook, like most all TV evangelists, are getting away with robbery.
Step 3) Tax exempt status.

You could have put defrauding people as the crime as step 3 and step 4 could have been putting people in jail for fraud which is what they are guilty of. Instead you went for their tax exempt status and the remedy was the tax them. Were you not aware that even if they were paying their fair share that they would still be defrauding people from their money or were you not concerned about that?

You make a valid point.
However, religous fraud is not a crime.
Tax fraud is.

"You, however did not see that and went for the "rich didn't pay their fair share' line. It only proves how people on the left can not distinguyish between real crimes that defrauds someone of their $ and actually just having a lot of it"

1. I am very rich. Accordingly, as usual, you have no case.
2. I am not on the "left". I vote Republican when they have a real candidate and Libertarian the rest.
3. I investigate white collar crime fora living at $100 an hour.
4. Your attempts at being a psychic are weak.

Try again son.

Step 1) Benny Hinn just revealed he has three luxury residences in southern California in his divorce proceedings.
Step 2) This crook, like most all TV evangelists, are getting away with robbery.
Step 3) Tax exempt status.

You could have put defrauding people as the crime as step 3 and step 4 could have been putting people in jail for fraud which is what they are guilty of. Instead you went for their tax exempt status and the remedy was the tax them. Were you not aware that even if they were paying their fair share that they would still be defrauding people from their money or were you not concerned about that?

You make a valid point.
However, religous fraud is not a crime.
Tax fraud is.

It is fraud if you stage all those faith healing events to purposely deceive people which I suspect they do. That is why they are all the same like they are following a script with actors. That is fraud because it was done on purpose where other 'faith healers' actually believe they can heal and don't mean to get rich in the process.

How do you prove faith is "staged"?
You can never prove someone's religous faith is false. Likewise, you can never prove someone's religous faith is true. The Bible speaks of miracles.
Religion is a belief. Ripe for fraud. You can not charge someone for their thoughts.
Tax evasion is the law. Also ripe for fraud but you can not believe your way out of paying taxes.

So you expect to use money of Christians to bail out states?

Gosh, that's a lot more ethical than letting them support their ministers in the way they see fit.

So you think it is alright for these people to be tax exempt, while driving around in luxary cars and living in mansions? And in my case I have no problem with regular churches being tax exempt, my problem is with the ones on television, using religion to get rich.

Why do atheists insist on monitoring the lives of believers, I wonder?

Because they insist on legislating their morallity upon us non believers.

Benny Hinn is still wishing he had a Holy Ghost Machine Gun to kill us all with.

And that is true!

Make a deal with you.... You list all the legislated morality that has happened in the last 20 years by the "Christians".

I will list for you all the legislated "liberal" morality legislated.

Deal? Which do you think woudl be higher?

Prop H8

Benny Hinn just revealed he has three luxury residences in southern California in his divorce proceedings. Good for him.
This crook, like most all TV evangelists, are getting away with robbery. Must be proved in court.
Tax exempt status. First Amendment
If we taxed all of these crooks we could settle the debt of a large state. "Teh stupid"

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I just admited in another thread (if I haden't already?) that I am an athiest. I'm also a separation of church and state purist. That said, I have great respect for people's faith.

- All faith preachers should preach tax free
- No religion at public schools
- No religious monuments on public property
- No State funding for religious art
- No State funding for anti-religious art
- No religious State holiday's
- No State support, surpression, denial, affirmation, funding or taxing

Pure lassez faire religion

( I feel the same way about the separtation of State and economy but that's a different subject ) :lol:

Benny Hinn just revealed he has three luxury residences in southern California in his divorce proceedings.
This crook, like most all TV evangelists, are getting away with robbery.
Tax exempt status.
If we taxed all of these crooks we could settle the debt of a large state.

Here's a homework assignment for you, numbnuts. First, find us evidence that Reverend Hinn does not pay any taxes on his personal income and assets. Second, find us evidence that Reverend Hinn has EVER done anything illegal to justify you calling him a "crook".

It's called research, ass clown. Try doing some before you come storming in here, frothing at the mouth over what you THINK you know. :slap:

Gosh, that's a lot more ethical than letting them support their ministers in the way they see fit.

I expect the business of religion to be treated like any other business and pay taxes.

Churches are not businesses. They are not-for-profit charitable organizations, and have to meet strict regulations in order to maintain that status.

I expect Gadawg to be an ignoramus, but I'd have thought you would know better.

Not on my dime.
You claim Hinn's work is a "ministry"?
:cuckoo:

1) It's not on "your dime" unless you've been sending Reverend Hinn checks. It's very informative, however, that you seem to think the government is somehow entitled to other people's money.

2) I am not aware of any clause in the law that requires a religion, church, or minister to acquire your personal seal of approval and agreement in order to qualify as such and enjoy equal legal protection with other religions, churches, and ministers. Perhaps you should contemplate getting over yourself.

Benny Hinn just revealed he has three luxury residences in southern California in his divorce proceedings.
This crook, like most all TV evangelists, are getting away with robbery.
Tax exempt status.
If we taxed all of these crooks we could settle the debt of a large state.

I agree that when preacher's ministry becomes a for profit organization, they do need to be held accountable for their taxes.

Many TV preachers are guilty. However, Most preachers across the nation are not doing that. Lets not include all with the "some."

Should we tax the catholic church and the mormon temple as well?

The crime here is fraud and deception which should be punished not wealth.

Hold your horses. I haven't seen any evidence of fraud yet, and I don't think you have, either. In fact, I haven't seen any evidence of ANY crime, so if you wouldn't mind pointing that out, I'd be quite grateful.

allowing tax emp for church property removes revenues from local counties and states. seems conservatives are all about fair and balanced taxes till it comes to the churches...why is that....esp tv ministeries that take money from local churches...and give what in return?

tax them all

No, he needs to be exposed for the false preacher, teacher, and prophet that he is.

The Blasphemy Network certainly isn't as popular as it was in the 80s and 90s. Wonder why that is...

ALL religions should pay taxes; they are businesses after all
Separation of Church and State. You can't have it both ways. :eusa_angel:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Exempting the business of religion from taxes is tantamount to making a law respecting the establishment of religion.

And how is taxing the business of religion violating said separation?

How do you prove faith is "staged"?
You can never prove someone's religous faith is false. Likewise, you can never prove someone's religous faith is true. The Bible speaks of miracles.
Religion is a belief. Ripe for fraud. You can not charge someone for their thoughts.
Tax evasion is the law. Also ripe for fraud but you can not believe your way out of paying taxes.

What if I had video tape of them staging the miracles in order to take people's money. That is the kind of fraud I am talking about. Normal prayer and holy men who think there touch can heal is not fraud since they ain't trying to deceive someone.

allowing tax emp for church property removes revenues from local counties and states. seems conservatives are all about fair and balanced taxes till it comes to the churches...why is that....esp tv ministeries that take money from local churches...and give what in return?

tax them all

I believe many non-profit organizations are exempt from taxes and since the first amendment only apply to federal legislation states are allowed to make an exception if they want to. If you have a problem with it then change it in your own state.

Church's pay taxes; maybe not all the taxes you have to pay, but they are not exempt from all taxation.

This is why the only tax should be a sales tax so that we don't get into this discussion about who is paying more or less. We all pay the same with every dollar we spend.

Church's pay taxes; maybe not all the taxes you have to pay, but they are not exempt from all taxation.

This is why the only tax should be a sales tax so that we don't get into this discussion about who is paying more or less. We all pay the same with every dollar we spend.

there are many exemptions from sales taxes as well.

I am all for abolishing all special treatment for any person or business.

Forum List

Back