Tuskegee Syphilis Experiments: Dark Period in Democrat History

:eek:
Still haven't pointed out the lie, Jillie.

There's two, actually. FDR didn't take power until 1933. Blacks weren't infected by the study, they already had the disease. 2 lies.

So is the lie that FDR was responsible, or he got the dates wrong?

:lol: I love politics. You're only defending Frank b/c he's on your political "team." I mean, come on. Admit it.

Such childishness politics is. :lol:

First off, this is a dark part of our past. It's not really a "side vs. side" political issue, but making it one for "points" on your "team" over 3/4 a Century later is quite revolting. It's unnerving, actually. It's the essence of why I hate this politics shit. You're not grown-ups debating facts vs. facts, you're children scoring cheap-shots against each other. You-all need peer-mediation and some fucking truth syrum.

I should've heeded your warning. :lol:

I was all set to jump in on Frank's side. But then after a whopping 30 seconds of research I found out he lied in his opening sentence. If there is a quicker path to zero credibility, I've yet to witness it.

maybe you're more trusting than I am. lol...

i just know anyone who tries to politicize something like this is pretty vile.

It was political. Which is why they lied to the patients about what they were doing.

"The study was meant to discover how syphilis affected blacks as opposed to whites —the theory being that whites experienced more neurological complications from syphilis, whereas blacks were more susceptible to cardiovascular damage. How this knowledge would have changed clinical treatment of syphilis is uncertain."

The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

"As part of a study conducted in Macon County, Alabama, poor sharecroppers were told they were being treated for “bad blood.”In fact, the physicians in charge of the study ensured that these men went untreated. In the 25 years since its details first were revealed, the Tuskegee Syphilis study has become a powerful symbol of racism in medicine, ethical misconduct in human research, and goverment abuse of the vulnerable. "

Bad Blood: The Tuskegee Syphilis Study

That's about as political as it gets.

"Conduct of the study: 1933 to 1964

The study was modified in two important ways. Autopsies were added as an “endpoint” and a control group of 201 nonsyphilitic men (including Mr. Hendon) was added. 10 Additionally, $50 burial stipends were given as incentives to recruit additional patients. Cash payments of $25 were given to the men for each year they participated in the trial.

Researchers went to extreme measures to keep participants enrolled. In 1941, with the entry of the United States into World War II, the military draft threatened to undermine the study by dispersing the men. Emphasizing the scientific importance of the experiment, the USPHS was able to convince the Macon County draft board to decline conscription of men who were enrolled in the TSUS. 13"

USRF - Effects of untreated syphilis in the negro male, 1932 to 1972: A closure comes to the Tuskegee study, 2004

Actually, the study was changed in THREE important ways: In 1933 (after the Dems came to power) there was no 6-9 month experiment followed by a treatment.

I want to thank the Librul poster for pointing out that in 1932 when Hoover ran the PHS, the Experiment was short term followed by a treatment phase but that changed in 1933.

Again, thank you

:eek:
There's two, actually. FDR didn't take power until 1933. Blacks weren't infected by the study, they already had the disease. 2 lies.

So is the lie that FDR was responsible, or he got the dates wrong?

:lol: I love politics. You're only defending Frank b/c he's on your political "team." I mean, come on. Admit it.

Such childishness politics is. :lol:

First off, this is a dark part of our past. It's not really a "side vs. side" political issue, but making it one for "points" on your "team" over 3/4 a Century later is quite revolting. It's unnerving, actually. It's the essence of why I hate this politics shit. You're not grown-ups debating facts vs. facts, you're children scoring cheap-shots against each other. You-all need peer-mediation and some fucking truth syrum.

So you're supporting the experiment because he said they were infected with syphillis, instead of just saying they were being told they were being treated for it when they weren't?

Regarding "side vs. side" read the material. I guess when the medical and political communities target black people and lie to them so they can experiment to them, there are no SIDES. Particularly if many of those doing the targeting are black medical professionals themselves, with the full support of the public health admin.

BTW, one of the results of the experiment is that 10 percent of the black population believed the gov't intentionally infected them with AIDS.

Last edited:
What I find extremely disturbing is the callousness displayed by the PHD for 40 years!!!!! Especially when those men were on their way to fight for their country and were STILL DENIED TREATMENT.

So you're supporting the experiment because he said they were infected with syphillis, instead of just saying they were being told they were being treated for it when they weren't?

BTW, one of the results of the experiment is that 10 percent of the black population believed the gov't intentionally infected them with AIDS.

I'm supporting the experiment? Wow. I did not know that.

Sounds like it, when instead of focusing on the experiment, you choose to jeer and sneer at the OP and anyone who dares not to ridicule the fact that he thought the victims were infected with syphillis, instead of the broader issue of the fact they were LIED to.

Sort of shows a person where your priorities are, at any rate.

Last edited:
Sounds like it, when instead of focusing on the experiment, you choose to jeer and sneer at anyone who dares not to ridicule the person who brought it up.

Ok, since you're being dense......consider this post a punch in your left-side mandible. Take it on the chin and move on.

In several posts, I pointed out that this was a dark part of our history. Your conclusion: I support it. Thus, you are stupid. (1 + 1 = 3? NO.).

I also am not sneering anyone for not ridiculing the OP. YOU'RE challenging certain people's pointing out of its ridiculousness, thus immersed yourself. You then claimed there's no lies, which there are. Thus, you are stupid. (1 + 1 = 5? NO.).

I then stated it's dispicable to use this for political points 3/4 a century later, which from that you concluded I "support" the experiments. Thus, you are stupid. (1 + 1 = 1? NO.).

I appreciate the flaming and ad hominem attacks. I made a mistake in the OP that was really unnecessary. The blacks weren't infected in the Experiment, they were already in tertiary stages of the disease.

Contrary to how the experiment was first set up in 1932 when President Hoover and Dr. Clark were in charge, they were however denied treatment for the remainder of their lives.

Again, thank to the Fates for having me make the unnecessary mistake in the OP and thanks to the Libs for flaming me for the OP Mistake which made me dig deeper.

Sounds like it, when instead of focusing on the experiment, you choose to jeer and sneer at anyone who dares not to ridicule the person who brought it up.

Ok, since you're being dense......consider this post a punch in your left-side mandible. Take it on the chin and move on.

In several posts, I pointed out that this was a dark part of our history. Your conclusion: I support it. Thus, you are stupid. (1 + 1 = 3? NO.).

I also am not sneering anyone for not ridiculing the OP. YOU'RE challenging certain people's pointing out of its ridiculousness, thus immersed yourself. You then claimed there's no lies, which there are. Thus, you are stupid. (1 + 1 = 5? NO.).

I then stated it's dispicable to use this for political points 3/4 a century later, which from that you concluded I "support" the experiments. Thus, you are stupid. (1 + 1 = 1? NO.).
:lol: BAM!

I appreciate the flaming and ad hominem attacks. I made a mistake in the OP that was really unnecessary. The blacks weren't infected in the Experiment, they were already in tertiary stages of the disease.

Contrary to how the experiment was first set up in 1932 when President Hoover and Dr. Clark were in charge, they were however denied treatment for the remainder of their lives.

Again, thank to the Fates for having me make the unnecessary mistake in the OP and thanks to the Libs for flaming me for the OP Mistake which made me dig deeper.

All that your "unnecessary" mistruths do, is show "the reader" that you take your information at face value, without feeling the initial need to dig deeper and verify, you know, in the first place. It proves you're a partisan, and you've got a point of view you're "seeking" to verify, instead of looking at things objectively you take-on anything that supports your partisanhip as "proof" without further research. That's all that does. No flaming necessary, just a pointing out of the obvious, that you're uncomfortable with.

The experiments were wrong, no matter who/what/how or why they were performed, and using them 77 years later for political gotchas alludes to your political immaturuty, providing "negative" points for your "side" as a result. :eek:

The Tuskegee Experiments occurred staring from 1932 until 1972 and involved infecting black men with syphilis without their consent. Ironically, the Experiments were commissioned by the US Public Health Service, a branch of the government formed by an act of Congress in 1798 to provide for the care and relief of sick and injured merchant seamen.

The Experiments started when FDR and the Dems took control of the Federal Government. Let's say that again: Tuskegee started in 1932 once the Democrats took Congress and FDR and the Dems took the White House.

The Democrats ran the Tuskegee Experiments for 40 years.

Whenever you hear mention of Tuskegee, if they mention it at all, the LMSM's immediate reaction "Tuskegee Bad, Bush lied" or anything else to change the subject.

Can you imagine if Prescott Bush ran the US Public Health Service during Tuskegee? You'd never hear the end of Republican Nazi like hatred for colored folk.

But because Democrats ran the experiments, it's just a darn inconvenience because Dems have done so much for blacks: Public assistance, public education, public housing and the Tuskegee Experiment.

This looks like a huge strawman to try and justify defending the Cheney admin. I can't ever remember anyone trying to hide Tusk behind bush. It has prolly happened in spot checks but there is no way in hell it even comes close to the absolutely disgusting parade of bush apologetics. I can remember even after the bush admin admitted to the world that WMD were not found many bush supporters continued to claim WMD had been found.

Also, using minorities for experiments is not a Dem/Rep issue but an American problem as both parties are guilty.

FDR - Inaugurated in 1933. January. OP has 2 verifiable lies: That FDR took power in 1932, and blacks were purposefully "infected."

Tsk, Tsk.

As an aside, these experiments were not a proud day for America. But if we were to apologize for our wrong-doings, we'd "hate our country" and be appeasing to our enemies and yadda yadda yadda. Can't really say Political Hypocracy surprises this young Gentleman.

Yes, I was getting ready to note your first point, making this possibly the dumbest post in a dumb history.

All that your "unnecessary" mistruths do, is show "the reader" that you take your information at face value, without feeling the initial need to dig deeper and verify, you know, in the first place. It proves you're a partisan, and you've got a point of view you're "seeking" to verify, instead of looking at things objectively you take-on anything that supports your partisanhip as "proof" without further research. That's all that does. No flaming necessary, just a pointing out of the obvious, that you're uncomfortable with.

The experiments were wrong, no matter who/what/how or why they were performed, and using them 77 years later for political gotchas alludes to your political immaturuty, providing "negative" points for your "side" as a result. :eek:

They're perfectly pertinent, since we're now saddled with an administration who wouldn't think twice about supporting the same sort of b.s. again.

They're perfectly pertinent, since we're now saddled with an administration who wouldn't think twice about supporting the same sort of b.s. again.
This is where we see evidence of alcohol rotting the brain.

Also, it would be reasonable to note that this dark program went through 4 D and 3 R presidents before finally being brought to light. If you believe the Presidents had personal knowledge of this program and in fact endorsed and oversaw it (which I do not), it would stand to reason this was an ultimately bipartisan failure of America.

You on auto-program?

Insert Data: //OP Rulz!=header;Oops, he lied no way!=+++//darnitt Demssuck + damn GT is cool - -insert: I got nothin :( = = = Random Obama Admin Hatred output. denied. ///

I reflexively assumed that given the dates of the Experiment that it was started by FDR. What I did not know until a half hour ago was that the experiment started in October 1932 under what was supposed to be a temporary basis and it was only in 1933 (after Democrats came to power) that the true viciousness of the Experiment came to fruition

Also, it would be reasonable to note that this dark program went through 4 D and 3 R presidents before finally being brought to light. If you believe the Presidents had personal knowledge of this program and in fact endorsed and oversaw it (which I do not), it would stand to reason this was an ultimately bipartisan failure of America.
Correct. There is no evidence any president of any administration had any clue about this horrific part of our history.

It was in 1972 - thanks to investigative journalism
we - and they, found out about it:

Article_Header.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back