Tuskegee Syphilis Experiments: Dark Period in Democrat History

The Tuskegee Experiments occurred staring from 1932 until 1972 and involved infecting black men with syphilis without their consent. Ironically, the Experiments were commissioned by the US Public Health Service, a branch of the government formed by an act of Congress in 1798 to provide for the care and relief of sick and injured merchant seamen.

The Experiments started when FDR and the Dems took control of the Federal Government. Let's say that again: Tuskegee started in 1932 once the Democrats took Congress and FDR and the Dems took the White House.

The Democrats ran the Tuskegee Experiments for 40 years.

Whenever you hear mention of Tuskegee, if they mention it at all, the LMSM's immediate reaction "Tuskegee Bad, Bush lied" or anything else to change the subject.

Can you imagine if Prescott Bush ran the US Public Health Service during Tuskegee? You'd never hear the end of Republican Nazi like hatred for colored folk.

But because Democrats ran the experiments, it's just a darn inconvenience because Dems have done so much for blacks: Public assistance, public education, public housing and the Tuskegee Experiment.

CFrank, you really are a dunderhead. FDR was elected POTUS in November, 1932. and inaugurated on March 4, 1933. So, (try and do the math Frank) if the experiments began in 1932 the President was not FDR, it was Herbert Hoover (aka the father of the great depression, a Republican).

Had you read through the thread instead of reflexively deepthroating FDR you would have seen that the Experiments started in Oct 1932 and were supposed to be 6-9 months trials ending with a treatment phase but that changed once the Dems swept into power in 1933.

FDR presided over 8 years of average unemployment of 17%. Hoover may be the Father of the Depression but FDR provided the Big Gubbamint Teats to keep it fed and growing

Jim Crow was also started under Democrats--Bush Lied!

No it wasn't!

List of US Presidents

Abraham Lincoln1861-1865 Republican

Andrew Johnson1865-1869Republican

Ulysses S. Grant1869-1877 Republican

Rutherford B. Hayes1877-1881 Republican

James A. Garfield1881 Republican

Chester A. Arthur1881-1885Republican

Jim Crow Laws started in 1876. That was the year Rutherford B, Hayes, a Republican, was elected.......

Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The History of Jim Crow

Jim Crow in America Timeline

A graphical depiction of CF's attempted backpedal and overall premise of his op.

backpedal.gif

No Frank, I didn't read the whole thread. It's clear everything you post is partisan, and I simply pointed out a fact.
Given what FDR faced in 1933 - thanks to the conservatives, Hoover, Coolidge and Harding - he had a very full plate. Much as Obama does following another conservative, George W. Bush.
Rewritten history is fun to read, but it doesn't change the facts (at least until Sarah Palin takes office and burns all the books and paves over the internet highway with bull shit).
How's that, partisan enough to keep up with y'all?

Last edited:
You know, I was pondering the wasteland of the op while writing another response then realized I would have to be one step below it to feed this thread. Unsubscribe.

The Tuskegee experiment, along with racisim, are terrible moments in Democratic Party history.

Abandoning reconstruction in 1877 and George W. Bush's presidency are equally terrible moments in Republican history.

As was the suppression of the Filipino Insurrecto 1899 - 1902 a terrible legacy of the Republican imperialists.

I wonder what that fiasco is reminding me of right now?

You can find terrible moments in any presidential term. People make mistakes, and lose sight of what they're doing while trying to figure out the "Big Picture".

It's when you have consistent repetitions of being on the wrong side throughout a presidential term you have to start wondering what the hell was going on.

And keep in mind, a president is shackled by his Congress. Bush was shackled by his DEMOCRATIC congress for the majority of his presidency. Not that I am a Bush fan, either one. Though the second was worse. Way too "reach across the aisle" for me. You choose right over wrong, and you stick with it, you don't fucking negotiate.

Just keep in mind...hindsight is always 20/20.

Bush was liberated by his Republican congress for most of the Presidency and ran this country into the ground. Don't blame Bush's abysmal failure on the Dems. And if the Dems fail in this term to push through health insurance reform before next year's elections, the Pubs are not at fault.

I laughed at the post that said I was politicizing this.

Dems Politicize the weather, a side stance, have a White House that admires Chairman Mao and now want to pay people carbon credits for only having one kid...

....but I'm the one making this political

You can find terrible moments in any presidential term. People make mistakes, and lose sight of what they're doing while trying to figure out the "Big Picture".

It's when you have consistent repetitions of being on the wrong side throughout a presidential term you have to start wondering what the hell was going on.

And keep in mind, a president is shackled by his Congress. Bush was shackled by his DEMOCRATIC congress for the majority of his presidency.

I was not aware that two years (2006-2008) was a majority of eight years (2000-2008)

Not that I am a Bush fan, either one. Though the second was worse. Way too "reach across the aisle" for me. You choose right over wrong, and you stick with it, you don't fucking negotiate.

If our Founders had believed as you do about negotiating, we would not have one country right now.

Just keep in mind...hindsight is always 20/20.

Indeed it is.

As was the suppression of the Filipino Insurrecto 1899 - 1902 a terrible legacy of the Republican imperialists.

Or maybe the intervention, with out being attacked, in WWI, or the provoking of American involvement in WWII, or the interventions in Korea and Vietnam.....

Physician, heal thyself.

A deeply shameful part of this nations history. Every bit as bad as the official approval of torture by the last administration. However, the nation did not know of this until 1972. Had it become public knowledge sooner, it would have been stopped sooner. I am sure that if Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, or Nixon had known the specifics of this, they would have put an end to it.

NPR : Remembering the Tuskegee Experiment

By then, dozens of the men had died, and many wives and children had been infected. In 1973, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) filed a class-action lawsuit. A $9 million settlement was divided among the study's participants. Free health care was given to the men who were still living, and to infected wives, widows and children.

But it wasn't until 1997 that the government formally apologized for the unethical study. President Clinton delivered the apology, saying what the government had done was deeply, profoundly and morally wrong:

"To the survivors, to the wives and family members, the children and the grandchildren, I say what you know: No power on Earth can give you back the lives lost, the pain suffered, the years of internal torment and anguish.

"What was done cannot be undone. But we can end the silence. We can stop turning our heads away. We can look at you in the eye and finally say, on behalf of the American people: what the United States government did was shameful.

"And I am sorry."
Bubba could be a good guy at times, this was one of them.

These people were treated like animals, there is no doubt about that.

Just makes one yearn for a free government health care system don't it?

Using Human Beings as Laboratory Animals
The true nature of the experiment had to be kept from the subjects to ensure their cooperation. The sharecroppers' grossly disadvantaged lot in life made them easy to manipulate. Pleased at the prospect of free medical care —almost none of them had ever seen a doctor before— these unsophisticated and trusting men became the pawns in what James Jones, author of the excellent history on the subject, Bad Blood, identified as “the longest non-therapeutic experiment on human beings in medical history.”

The study was meant to discover how syphilis affected blacks as opposed to whites —the theory being that whites experienced more neurological complications from syphilis, whereas blacks were more susceptible to cardiovascular damage. How this knowledge would have changed clinical treatment of syphilis is uncertain.

The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

Very interesting article....it took Clinton, who must have felt an immense amount of guilt being from the same political party that condoned these experiments to finally apologize. I can see why the African American community likes him so much.

you make CF look like a genius

Few will read this, but for those who do consider that between the end of the Civil War and the Crash of 1929 fourteen Presidents served, and twelve of them were Republican.
The following is quoted from "Don't Know Much About History" by Kenneth C. Davis.

"Mark Twain and Charles Dudley Warner title their collaborative novel about this era, The Gilded Age: beautiful on the surface, but cheap, base and tarnished underneath. For every mile of railroad laid, every ton of coal or iron mined, thousands of workers died. Many of them were immigarants or war veterans, miserably underpaid, working in unsafe or unsanitary conditions, with little or no political voice. The new fortunes being made opened up an era of astonishing corruption. The outlaws of the wild west were small time hoodlums compared with the politicians of New York and Washington, who brazenly bilked millions, and to the milionaire industrialists who kept these politicians in their pockets".

Gee, was it Santayana - no Frank, not the musician - who wrote: "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."!

Last edited:
Bush was liberated by his Republican congress for most of the Presidency and ran this country into the ground. Don't blame Bush's abysmal failure on the Dems. And if the Dems fail in this term to push through health insurance reform before next year's elections, the Pubs are not at fault.

Really? For what years was he liberated?

Jim Crow was also started under Democrats--Bush Lied!

No it wasn't!

List of US Presidents

Abraham Lincoln1861-1865 Republican

Andrew Johnson1865-1869Republican

Ulysses S. Grant1869-1877 Republican

Rutherford B. Hayes1877-1881 Republican

James A. Garfield1881 Republican

Chester A. Arthur1881-1885Republican

Jim Crow Laws started in 1876. That was the year Rutherford B, Hayes, a Republican, was elected.......

Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The History of Jim Crow

Jim Crow in America Timeline

OKAY---I got Bush lied right. 1 out of 2 is not so bad:tongue:

Or maybe the intervention, with out being attacked, in WWI, or the provoking of American involvement in WWII, or the interventions in Korea and Vietnam.....

Physician, heal thyself.

WWI: Theodore Roosevelt and his imperialists along with the Republican press pushed and pushed Wilson, the Dems, and America into war. German provocations, such as the Zimmerman Telegram and unrestricted submarine warfare, had something to do with it as well.

WWII: The conservative and isolationistic factions in the Dems and the Pubs parties tied FDR's hands until Germany attacked Poland. We cut off supplying Japan and froze its assets in order to stop the Empire's rape of East Asia. The Imperial Navy struck us, not the other way.

Korea: Absolutely stupid on the part of the Truman administration. If the U.S. had built a strong, resilient South Korean armed forces, the North would not have dared attack.

Vietnam: The genesis of fault begins in the Eisenhower administration (review Dien Bien Phu, the Geneva conference, and RSV and the U.S. refusal to permit elections to be held in 1956). Kenndy and Johnson continued and escalated the stupidity. I am amazed it took RMN four years to wind down what should have been taken care of six months.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back