Turn your neighbor in to Obama

I generally address people directly when they send me political e mails. I get all kinds but the right wing stuff has become absolute LIES. They are full of untruthful propoganda. Want to see a couple? I'm sure some of you have them right in your e mail.

Here's a dirty lie that someone made up that plays oh so well with the right wingers.

snip...

Sweet Willy,

You are just now figuring out that 99.999999% of the emails you receive and 100% of the politically based emails you receive are lies? Man, I feel sorry for you! :)

Really, it doesn't matter which side of the aisle that shit comes from, they are lies with sprinklings of truth thrown in just to "help" you believe.

Immie

I usually check them out and respond directly to the people who sent it, and whoever else is on the mail list. I think I said that already though.

I respond to them because obviously someone thought these things were true. Or they started the lie and hoped someone would believe.

In any case, now the Whitehouse wants to be in the loop. Good for them. I don't ask for these things to be spammed out to me, but I get them. May as well let the Admin read them too.

I generally address people directly when they send me political e mails. I get all kinds but the right wing stuff has become absolute LIES. They are full of untruthful propoganda. Want to see a couple? I'm sure some of you have them right in your e mail.

Here's a dirty lie that someone made up that plays oh so well with the right wingers.

snip...

Sweet Willy,

You are just now figuring out that 99.999999% of the emails you receive and 100% of the politically based emails you receive are lies? Man, I feel sorry for you! :)

Really, it doesn't matter which side of the aisle that shit comes from, they are lies with sprinklings of truth thrown in just to "help" you believe.

Immie

I usually check them out and respond directly to the people who sent it, and whoever else is on the mail list. I think I said that already though.

I respond to them because obviously someone thought these things were true. Or they started the lie and hoped someone would believe.

In any case, now the Whitehouse wants to be in the loop. Good for them. I don't ask for these things to be spammed out to me, but I get them. May as well let the Admin read them too.

I have pretty much gotten my name taken off the lists of just about all my friends that send that garbage out. It really got disgusting especially since I am known as a conservative and all my conservative friends were sending me right wing crap like that. Well, I began to see Bush for what he really was and the crap, promoting things like the Unpatriot Act, I was getting began to piss me off.

Finally, I got my name removed from those lists... may I never find my way back!

BTW: it takes persistance to get off your friends, political trash email lists, but if you try really hard and sometimes get a little vulgar, they will take you off and if they don't are they really your friends?

Immie

It's the same link you've been using: blog.whitehouse.gov, under the entry "facts are stubborn things."
Just read what's actually there and you'll see nothing about telling the WH who is disseminating "fishy" emails.

You are one stupid fuck!!

Get the dick out of your mouth, open your eyes and educate your stupid self!!!

You queers are a dumb lot!
Go back to humping your cows, moron. You're now on ignore.

I'm not surprised.

You can't defend your position so you ignore it.

You're a real man!!

For a cowardly idiot!

Wow, talk about overreacting. First off, there's nothing about turning in anyone. As another poster pointed out, they're wanting information on what's being said, not who is saying it, so they can plan their information game strategy...jumping from that to Hitler comparisons is just as batty as when people did similar things to Bush.

Tell me about it.
"OMG! The sky is falling! Think of the children! Think of the veterans! Think of apple pie and white picket fences!" :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvFsVgiy9EA&feature=related]YouTube - Wasserman-Schultz: Veterans Are Not "Real Victims"[/ame]

So if we are turning people in, does this now mean we can turn members of congress in for doing things like this? This sort of thing still provides more proof that as long as you agree then your one of the "cool" people and all the laws apply to you, however don't you dare disagree because then the laws may not apply to you. I often wonder if any of these people know what nation they actually live in and know much about it other than the fact the flag is a pretty shade of red,white, and blue.

Sweet Willy,

Immie

I have pretty much gotten my name taken off the lists of just about all my friends that send that garbage out. It really got disgusting especially since I am known as a conservative and all my conservative friends were sending me right wing crap like that. Well, I began to see Bush for what he really was and the crap, promoting things like the Unpatriot Act, I was getting began to piss me off.

Finally, I got my name removed from those lists... may I never find my way back!

BTW: it takes persistance to get off your friends, political trash email lists, but if you try really hard and sometimes get a little vulgar, they will take you off and if they don't are they really your friends?

Immie

What has worked for me is taking the time to debunk the lies and then reply TO EVERYONE with an e mail listed, which can sometimes be a whole lot of people. It has to be a little embarassing to the people who sent it out.

Unfortunately, some of these e mails come from my family and they just keep sending that crap no matter how much I protest. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were trying to piss me off.

What has worked for me is taking the time to debunk the lies and then reply TO EVERYONE with an e mail listed, which can sometimes be a whole lot of people. It has to be a little embarassing to the people who sent it out.

Unfortunately, some of these e mails come from my family and they just keep sending that crap no matter how much I protest. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were trying to piss me off.

I have found that they don't tend to care whether or not it is debunked. They move on to the next lie and forward it. Eventually the debunked lie comes back in a different package and they pass it on all over again.

Thus, I insisted my name come off their lists.

And I know what you mean about getting them from family. For a while they were the biggest offenders.

Immie

Wow, talk about overreacting. First off, there's nothing about turning in anyone. As another poster pointed out, they're wanting information on what's being said, not who is saying it, so they can plan their information game strategy...jumping from that to Hitler comparisons is just as batty as when people did similar things to Bush.

Tell me about it.
"OMG! The sky is falling! Think of the children! Think of the veterans! Think of apple pie and white picket fences!" :rolleyes:

Has it occurred to you that if you forward the White House an e-mail, they get the identity too? Or do you ignorantly suppose that everyone is stripping identifying information from the e-mail?

Has it occurred to you that if you forward the White House an e-mail, they get the identity too?
Do some legal research:

Collection and disclosure of information: To ensure we are able to communicate effectively with visitors to our web site, we collect some information that can be directly associated with a specific person. We call this "Personal Information," and it includes, by way of illustration, names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses....It is our general policy not to make Personal Information available to anyone other than our employees, staff, and agents.
whitehouse.gov/privacy/

In other words, if you're that paranoid about your privacy, don't send them email. :cuckoo:

Has it occurred to you that if you forward the White House an e-mail, they get the identity too?
Do some legal research:

Collection and disclosure of information: To ensure we are able to communicate effectively with visitors to our web site, we collect some information that can be directly associated with a specific person. We call this "Personal Information," and it includes, by way of illustration, names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses....It is our general policy not to make Personal Information available to anyone other than our employees, staff, and agents.
whitehouse.gov/privacy/

In other words, if you're that paranoid about your privacy, don't send them email. :cuckoo:

or post on message boards...

It is our general policy not to make Personal Information available to anyone other than our employees, staff, and agents

Last line in the policy statement,

agents can include;

any government agency engaged in intelligence-gathering activities. NSA, CIA, DEA,
Secret Service A branch of the U.S. Treasury Department concerned especially with protection of the President.

Today, the White House publicly disclosed its Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff.

Since 1995, the White House has been required to deliver a report to Congress listing the title and salary of every White House Office employee. Consistent with President Obama's commitment to transparency, this report is being publicly disclosed on our website as it is transmitted to Congress. In addition, this report also contains the title and salary details of administration officials who work at the Office of Policy Development, including the Domestic Policy Council and the National Economic Council -- along with White House Office employees.
The White House - Blog Post - Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff

Whitehouse employee's can include anyone that employed by the whitehouse for any reason. So tell me again how this information is innocent in nature?

Whitehouse employee's can include anyone that employed by the whitehouse for any reason. So tell me again how this information is innocent in nature?
Every institution that has an online presence has very similar privacy policies. You either accept them or you don't send them email.

I think this [email protected] address should be bombarded with emails as well, and should be taken out of commission. Perhaps I'll email them several times with the names of several organizations that I believe spread lies and propaganda, starting with BarakObama.com, moveon.org, the huffingtonpost, acorn, etc... This could keep me busy all day.

Not only a sock puppet, but a sock puppet with no job. And probably no health insurance, either. :lol:

Yeah, dumbass, that's why I'm a staunch conservative who believes in limited, non-intrusive government, individual liberities, standing on your own two feet, and not expecting handouts from your neighbor. Too funny. :lol:

Every institution that has an online presence has very similar privacy policies. You either accept them or you don't send them email.

They're asking to be forwarded emails, dipshit. People are going to forward other people's private information w/o their consent or knowledge. It has nothing to do with simply 'not emailing them'.

that's why I'm a staunch conservative who believes in limited, non-intrusive government, individual liberities, standing on your own two feet, and not expecting handouts from your neighbor. Too funny. :lol:
Why not? I've seen conservatives even dumber than that. :eusa_angel:

True enough but then again those institiutions (Govt. ) don't invite those that agree with them on legislative matters to actually turn in the names and e-mails of those that happen to disagree with them. In fact, I would argue to encourage people to do so is a violation of the law..

§ 2511. Interception and disclosure of wire, oral, or electronic communications prohibited
(1) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter any person who—
(a) intentionally intercepts, endeavors to intercept, or procures any other person to intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire, oral, or electronic communication;
(b) intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or procures any other person to use or endeavor to use any electronic, mechanical, or other device to intercept any oral communication when—
(i) such device is affixed to, or otherwise transmits a signal through, a wire, cable, or other like connection used in wire communication; or
(ii) such device transmits communications by radio, or interferes with the transmission of such communication; or
(iii) such person knows, or has reason to know, that such device or any component thereof has been sent through the mail or transported in interstate or foreign commerce; or
US CODE: Title 18,2511. Interception and disclosure of wire, oral, or electronic communications prohibited

I think President Obama would be wise to shut this program down, not the Eric Holder would rush to enforce the law.

I have to admit it is kind of fun to see the shoe put on the other foot.

The secret service visited all kinds of people for having anti - Bush posters and bumper stickers. All it took was for a neighbor to call you in.

The SCOTUS split right along political lines in the 'Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case, upholdng the censorship of an adult, US citizen on a public sidewalk. All he ever said was "bong hits 4 Jesus".

Now it's the right that is having their speech looked at for possible criminal intent.

What goes around comes around.

I have to admit it is kind of fun to see the shoe put on the other foot.

The secret service visited all kinds of people for having anti - Bush posters and bumper stickers. All it took was for a neighbor to call you in.

Really I have no recollection of that, you have the facts handy?

Forum List

Back