Turkey cuts ties with France after lawmakers pass bill on Armenian genocide

German Press

Sarkozy wants to secure the votes of Armenian voters
( Sarkozy will sich die Stimmen der armenischstämmigen Wähler sichern )
Völkermord an Armeniern - Sarkozy will sich die Stimmen der armenischstämmigen Wähler sichern - Politik - sueddeutsche.de

Sarkozy's campaign gifts
( Sarkozys Wahlgeschenke )
Gesetz zu Armenier-Völkermord verabschiedet : Sarkozys Wahlgeschenke | RP ONLINE

State Televion Commentary
President Sarkozy wants to be re-elected soon. He therefore hopes that the several hundred thousand voters of Armenian descent will help him. For electoral reasons Sarkozy risked a severe crisis with Turkey. Politically, this is pure folly, because it ignores the growing importance of Ankara
Kommentar: Flucht vor dem Vergangenen | tagesschau.de

Let's not forget that the one and only reason a handful of USMB's resident Jews are commenting on this thread is to heap scorn and slander upon a muslim nation. They aren't in the slightest bit interested in adding any constructive comments to this debate. They just want to bash Turkey. But that's no surprise, at all.

Muslimes are a peaceful people Allahu Fucku :lol:

Muslim attack on 9/11, killing 3,000
Ongoing Muslim genocide in Darfur and southern Sudan, 4 million killed
Muslims firebomb Coptic church in Cairo, killing 21
Muslims slaughter 60 Christians in church in Iraq
Muslim bombings in Mumbai, India kill 250, 700 injured
Muslim bombings in Londin, 53 killed, 700 injured
Multiple Muslim bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured
Muslim bombing in Bali nightclub, 202 killed, 300 injured
Muslim bombing attacks in Russia kill 300
Musim attack on Beslan, Russia school, 344 killed including 186 children
Muslim attack on the Christian community in Demsa,
Nigeria, killing 36 people, destroying property and displacing an additional 3000 people
Muslim attack on the Hindu Ram temple in India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism, 6 dead.
Muslim bombings in India, over 60 killed and over 180 injured in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival
Muslim bombings in Varanasi, India, series of attacks in the Sankath Mochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station, 28 killed and over 100 injured
Muslim bombings in India, 21 explosive devices, 56 dead and 200 injured.
Muslim bombings in Delhi, India, 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by attack two weeks later, 3 people dead.
Muslims kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in attacks in Mumbai.
Muslims detonate car bomb in Pakistan shopping district, killing over 110 killed and over 200 injured.
Muslim suicide bomber in Somalia detonates in hotel hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.
Muslim suicide bomber in Pakistan drove into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match killing more than 100 people
Muslims attack mosques in Pakistan, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others
Muslim attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India, 25 dead.
Muslim bombing in al-Arbaa, Algeria. 49 dead, 117 injured.
Muslim suicide attack on Indian parliament kills 7, wounds 12
Muslim machine gun attack on Hindu temple in India. 31 dead, 86 injured

Iran Iraq War, 1 million dead
Lebanese Civil War, 250,000 dead
Algerian Civl War: 300,000 dead
Bangladesh Civil War: 500,000 dead
Black Sept., Jordan's King Hussein murders, expells 80,000 Palestinians
Syrian army kills 20,000 Syrians at Hama
Iraq gases hundreds of thousands of Kurds
300 US Marines killed in Beirut
1400 year conflict between Sunnis and Shiites
Fratricide between Hamas and Fatah
Syria/Hizballah assassinate Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri

Alexis de Toqueville...
I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.

German Press

Sarkozy wants to secure the votes of Armenian voters
( Sarkozy will sich die Stimmen der armenischstämmigen Wähler sichern )
Völkermord an Armeniern - Sarkozy will sich die Stimmen der armenischstämmigen Wähler sichern - Politik - sueddeutsche.de

Sarkozy's campaign gifts
( Sarkozys Wahlgeschenke )
Gesetz zu Armenier-Völkermord verabschiedet : Sarkozys Wahlgeschenke | RP ONLINE

State Televion Commentary
President Sarkozy wants to be re-elected soon. He therefore hopes that the several hundred thousand voters of Armenian descent will help him. For electoral reasons Sarkozy risked a severe crisis with Turkey. Politically, this is pure folly, because it ignores the growing importance of Ankara
Kommentar: Flucht vor dem Vergangenen | tagesschau.de

this_room_is_full_of_people_who_care.jpg

Very good for France.

Turkey remains illegitimate in the world community until it owns up to its genocidal past.

Quote: JakeStarkey
Let me remind you that Turkey is the collective tail of a dog wagged by both Europe and the U.S. It has no control at all of its own future in the ME.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2223190-post96.html

Don't get too excited. Only 55 members of lower-house attended the voting.
From total 577 members.
Law has to pass upper-house (Senate), and Senate will very likely reject the law like it did before.

None of which makes Turkey anymore legitimate in the world community. Turkey has no control of its future in the ME and certainly cannot influence the rest of the world.

It is such a minor, minor power

I must disagree again, Jake. Türkiye is the strongest military power in the ME, and has the second largest # of troops in NATO, after the U.S.

Türkiye's religious leaders also wield incredible influence in Islamic interpretation, and are respected throughout the ME.

Quote: JakeStarkey

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2223190-post96.html

Don't get too excited. Only 55 members of lower-house attended the voting.
From total 577 members.
Law has to pass upper-house (Senate), and Senate will very likely reject the law like it did before.

None of which makes Turkey anymore legitimate in the world community. Turkey has no control of its future in the ME and certainly cannot influence the rest of the world.

It is such a minor, minor power

I must disagree again, Jake. Türkiye is the strongest military power in the ME, and has the second largest # of troops in NATO, after the U.S.

Türkiye's religious leaders also wield incredible influence in Islamic interpretation, and are respected throughout the ME.

How many wars have the turkeys been in?

Israel fucked up multiple muslime militaries in multiple wars.

Very good for France.

Turkey remains illegitimate in the world community until it owns up to its genocidal past.

I disagree. We are not illegitimate because we have not acknowledged and apologized for the genocide against the Native Americans.

U.S. Offers An Official Apology to Native Americans - Washington Wire - WSJ

Question: Until 2009, was the U.S. illegitimate in the world community?

Comment: that apology does not use the word genocide. Can Türkiye issue an apology and get away without using the word genocide? I seriously doubt it.

I disagree. We are not illegitimate because we have not acknowledged and apologized for the genocide against the Native Americans.

U.S. Offers An Official Apology to Native Americans - Washington Wire - WSJ

Comment: that apology does not use the word genocide. Can Türkiye issue an apology and get away without using the word genocide? I seriously doubt it.

I've never seen any Americans deny we fucked the Natives over, and you won't get thrown in jail here if you mention it unlike the Armenian genocide in Turkey.

Let's not forget that the one and only reason a handful of USMB's resident Jews are commenting on this thread is to heap scorn and slander upon a muslim nation. They aren't in the slightest bit interested in adding any constructive comments to this debate. They just want to bash Turkey. But that's no surprise, at all.

jewqv.jpg

I've never seen any Americans deny we fucked the Natives over, and you won't get thrown in jail here if you mention it unlike the Armenian genocide in Turkey.
Not what I asked. :)

The Young Turks were the perpetrators of the Armenian Genocide. The Young Turk Movement emerged in reaction to the absolutist rule of Sultan Abdul-Hamid (Abdulhamit) II (1876-1909). With the 1878 suspension of the Ottoman Constitution, reform-minded Ottomans resorted to organizing overseas or underground. The backbone of the movement was formed by young military officers who were especially disturbed by the continuing decline of Ottoman power and attributed the crisis to the absence of an environment for change and progress.

Echoes of the Jewish Holocaust

The remarkable thing about the following events is the virtually complete cooperation of the Armenians. For a number of reasons the Armenians did not know what was planned for them and went along with "their" government's plan to "relocate them for their own good".

The Turks began by disarming the entire Armenian population under the pretext that the people were naturally sympathetic toward Christian Russia who Turkey was at war with. First the Armenians were asked to turn in hunting weapons for the war effort. Every last rifle and pistol was forcibly seized, with severe penalties for anyone who failed to turn in a weapon

christianbodies2.jpg

Turks seem to rejoice watching a massacred Christian family. Even babies were tortured and massacred

Mass deportations of the the civilian Armenian population was carried out in the spring and summer of 1915 and were completed by the fall, the systematic slaughter of the Armenians had started earlier with the murder of the 40,000 able-bodied males already drafted into the Ottoman armed forces. These able bodied Armenian men were then drafted and told it was to help Turkey's wartime effort. In the fall and winter of 1914, all of the Armenian soldiers had their weapons taken from them before they were put into slave labor battalions, building roads. Under the brutal work conditions they suffered a very high death rate. Those soldiers who survived were shot outright.

By stealing the movable and immovable wealth of the Armenians, the CUP looked upon its policy of genocide as a means for enriching its coffers and rewarding its cohorts.

In 1908, Bulgaria was finally liberated from Turkish rule by Russia. In that same year, the "Young Turk Revolution" began. It was led by three young Turkish military officers: Mehmed Talat Pasha, Ismail Enver and Ahmed Djemal, were responsible for these policies. These three formed the governing triumvirate which had concentrated dictatorial powers in their own hands after the January 1913 coup. They divided the governance of the Ottoman Empire among themselves. Soon these three dictators began promoting the idea of a homogeneous Turkish state of one race and one religion (Islam). They decided to expel or exterminate all non-Muslim, non-Turkish ethnic groups, specifically the Greek and Armenian Christians. During World War I the western world was focused on Germany, France and England. This provided Turkey with the perfect opportunity to carry out their premeditated massacre of its ethnic minorities.

Enver was a young 26 year old military hero who married into the Ottoman dynasty. He provided the most public face of the CUP. As Minister of War he coordinated the buildup of the Turkish armed forces with German financial, logistical, and planning support. In an ill-conceived plan of attack, he precipitated land warfare against Russia in the Caucasus in the dead of winter. His December 1914 campaign cost an entire army lost in a period of four weeks. In his capacity as the Deputy Commander-in-Chief, Enver exercised ultimate control over the Ottoman armies which carried out major atrocities, first in 1915 and then with renewed vigor when Turkish forces broke the Russian line in 1918 and invaded the Caucasus. The forces under the command of Enver's brother, Nuri, and uncle, Halil, spread devastation through Russian Armenia and carried out massacres of Armenians all the way to Baku. Talaat was the Minister of the Interior in Istanbul who ran the government for a figurehead grand vizier. Talaat was the mastermind of the Armenian Genocide and coordinated the various agencies of the Ottoman government required for the deportation, expropriation, and extermination of the Armenians.

The decision of Genocide:
The decision to annihilate the entire Armenian population came directly from the ruling triumvirate of ultra-nationalist Young Turks. The actual extermination orders were transmitted in coded telegrams to all provincial governors throughout Turkey. Armed roundups began on the evening of April 24, 1915, as 300 Armenian political leaders, educators, writers, clergy and dignitaries in Constantinople (present day Istanbul) were taken from their homes, briefly jailed and tortured, then hanged or shot. In May of 1915 claiming that the Armenians were untrustworthy, the Minister of Internal Affairs (Talaat) ordered their deportation to relocation centers in the deserts of Syria and Mesopotamia

genocide1.jpg

Armenians from Kesaria in front of jail one hour before all were killed

Next, there were mass arrests of Armenian adult men and teenagers throughout the country by Turkish soldiers, police agents and bands of Turkish volunteers. The men were tied together with ropes in small groups then taken to the outskirts of their town and shot dead or bayoneted by death squads. Local Turks and Kurds armed with knives and sticks often joined in on the killing.

genocide3.jpg

Turkish soldiers posing proudly with the
decapitated heads of Armenian community
leaders, 1915

Then it was the turn of Armenian women, children, and the elderly. On very short notice, they were ordered to pack a few belongings and be ready to leave home, under the pretext that they were being relocated to a non-military zone for their own safety. They were actually being taken on death marches heading south toward the Syrian Desert. The death marches would lead across Anatolia and the purpose was clear. The Armenians were being raped, starved, dehydrated, murdered and kidnapped along the way

At the center of the Young Turk Revolution stood the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP) formed in 1895. Its members came to be known as Ittihadists or Unionists. The most ideologically committed party in the entire movement, the CUP espoused a form of Turkish nationalism which was xenophobic and exclusionary in its thinking. The CUP seized power in a coup d'etat in January 1913. Armenians in Turkey were delighted with this sudden turn of events and its prospects for a brighter future. Both Turks and Armenians held jubilant public rallies attended with banners held high calling for freedom, equality and justice. But things were not as they seemed to those jubilant Armenians.

Along with the Young Turk's newfound "Turanism" there was a dramatic rise in Islamic fundamentalist agitation throughout Turkey. Christian Armenians, who had always been one of the best-educated and wealthy communities within the old Turkish Empire were once again branded as infidels (non-believers in Islam). Young Islamic extremists, staged anti-Armenian demonstrations which often led to violence. During one such outbreak in 1909, two hundred villages were plundered and over 30,000 persons massacred in the Cilicia district on the Mediterranean coast. Throughout Turkey, sporadic local attacks against Armenians continued unchecked over the next several years.

To consolidate Turkish rule in the remaining territories of the Ottoman Empire and to expand the state into the so-called Turanian lands in the east, most held by Iran and Russia, the CUP devised in secret a program for the extermination of the Armenian population. From the viewpoint of its ideology and its new and ambitious foreign policy, the Armenians represented a completely vulnerable population straddling an area of major strategic value for its Pan-Turanian goals. The traditional historic homeland of Armenia lay right in the path of their plans to expand eastward. And on that land was a large population of Christian Armenians totaling some two million persons, making up about 10 percent of Turkey's overall population. Somewhat surprisingly to many, Armenians and Turks lived in relative harmony in the Ottoman empire for centuries. Armenians were known as the "loyal millet". During these times, although Armenians were not equal and had to put up with certain special hardships, they were pretty well accepted and there was relatively little violent conflict.

During World War I, the Ottoman Turks, were allied with Germany and Austria-Hungary, and an enemy of czarist Russia. The Armenians fought with the Russians, and both the Germans and Ottomans considered Turkey's Armenian citizens as "the enemy within". When the world's attention fixed upon the battlegrounds of France and Belgium, the Turks decided it was time to solve their "Armenian Problem" by exterminating them. The cover the Islamic Turks used was the lie that during the war that Armenians had been, for their own safety, evacuated to strategic hamlets so they would not be caught between Turkey and Russia.
Armenian Genocide by Turkish Muslims

It is in the history of every great power.

Herero and Namaqua Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When asked whether the Federal Government looks at the war against the Herero and Nama as genocide, it says in response, that the UN Genocide Convention had entered into force in 1951. "It does not apply retroactively. Reviews of historical events using international law provisions that were not at the time in force for the Federal Republic of Germany are not made by the Federal Government."

Krieg gegen Herero und Nama: Regierung entschuldigt sich nicht - n-tv.de

Children beating has become illegal in 1970's.
It is like Police now putting parents into jail who beat their children in 1950.
In this case, without even a court decision whether the parent indeed beat his child in 1950.

Last edited:
The Young Turks were the perpetrators of the Armenian Genocide.

yawn.gif

genocide4.jpg

A starved mother with her two starved children

The death marches during the Armenian Genocide, involving over a million Armenians, covered hundreds of miles and lasted months. Indirect routes through mountains and wilderness areas were deliberately chosen in order to prolong the ordeal and to keep the caravans away from Turkish villages.

genocide2.jpg

Food supplies being carried by the people quickly ran out and they were usually denied further food or water. Anyone stopping to rest or lagging behind the caravan was mercilessly beaten until they rejoined the march. If they couldn't continue they were shot. A common practice was to force all of the people in the caravan to remove every stitch of clothing and have them resume the march in the nude under the scorching sun until they dropped dead by the roadside from exhaustion and dehydration.

An estimated 75 percent of the Armenians on these marches perished, especially children and the elderly. Those who survived the ordeal were herded into the desert without a drop of water. Being thrown off cliffs, burned alive, or drowned in rivers.

christianbodies.jpg

Turkish soldiers proudly posing with bodies of their Christian victims. To these Muslims, the "Christians were like animals to be hunted."

The Young Turks were the perpetrators of the Armenian Genocide.

yawn.gif

genocide4.jpg

A starved mother with her two starved children

The death marches during the Armenian Genocide, involving over a million Armenians, covered hundreds of miles and lasted months. Indirect routes through mountains and wilderness areas were deliberately chosen in order to prolong the ordeal and to keep the caravans away from Turkish villages.

genocide2.jpg

Food supplies being carried by the people quickly ran out and they were usually denied further food or water. Anyone stopping to rest or lagging behind the caravan was mercilessly beaten until they rejoined the march. If they couldn't continue they were shot. A common practice was to force all of the people in the caravan to remove every stitch of clothing and have them resume the march in the nude under the scorching sun until they dropped dead by the roadside from exhaustion and dehydration.

An estimated 75 percent of the Armenians on these marches perished, especially children and the elderly. Those who survived the ordeal were herded into the desert without a drop of water. Being thrown off cliffs, burned alive, or drowned in rivers.

christianbodies.jpg

Turkish soldiers proudly posing with bodies of their Christian victims. To these Muslims, the "Christians were like animals to be hunted."
They don't want to face reality, kinda pathetic really, not that it matters if Turkey makes itself a moral and ethical void. Armenia is doing quite well without Turkey and Azerbaijan, which are the real nations that haven't moved on, they still threaten to invade and destroy Armenia, and take Armenian land, and destroy the Armenian people.

Israel and Armenia share two things, hostile barbaric neighbors that want to wipe out their nations because their neighbors are blinded by religious and racist hatred, and foreigners around the globe that love to take blood money and desecrate the memory of millions of people who died in a genocide.

Erdogan can take his terrorist flotilla and shove it up his ass, and I think its great that Turkey is punishing France for standing up for historical truth, it will show to the world the Turkish government is a government of the middle ages, and supports racial and religious hatred for sake of 'so called' honor, and would seek to destroy or harm any nation that dares to question the evil nature of its government.

So clap away moral sell outs in this thread, Turkey just looks more ignorant, racist and hateful than before. :cuckoo:

murder.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back