Tucker dismisses homeless people as mental. Oh-- He's a psychologist? He can diagnose whole swaths of people?

I am in Tennessee. I am like that couple, from Tennessee interviewed, that could not understand how Seattle would let that go on, and like they said, right there in the tourist district, smelling of urine and defecation with homeless tents of the drug ravaged and addicted, right there and nothing done about it. No. I could not understand either. I have said on here before, with even less reason, the only thing one should want out of Seattle at this point, is to be out of Seattle. It is a shame of civic irresponsibility of their elected leaders of that city, a city, I have heard was once a jewel of the Northwest Coast of this country. I won't be visiting.

Seattle used to be a city that took my breath away! I loved spending my day off walking downtown to do my shopping at the Pike Place Market and I never felt that I needed to be on guard.

It was a jewel of the Northwest Coast.

It breaks my heart to see how the poor governance has destroyed it.

No sane person would choose to live under a bush along side a highway.... if he was a naturalist he would be in nature... if he was sane he would be in a home or shelter... not all insane people look insane....
I knew a guy in high school that was a top student straight A's and universities were all over him with offers for a full ride....
He went into the forest instead and stayed there... I saw him a few years ago while traveling through Oregon and he was obviously disturbed... he recognized me which surprised me because he was talking to himself in front of a 7-11....
Just because someone is disturbed doesn't mean they lose all mental capacity so it looks like you are too quick to believe stereotypical nonsense about the homeless. It seems most people do the same.

As a Christian, I see all humans as equally loved by God.

I think that's a good place to stop, actually.

You don’t need to be a shrink to know if someone has lost their mind or has mental problems.

Just like you don’t need to be a biologist to know what a woman is. :cuckoo:
What? Are you kidding?

Are you saying that Tucker or anyone else can diagnose mental illness on people he has never met, most of whom he has never even SEEN?

that's insane--ironically enough.

It's amazing how much the homeless are hated---and just because they are homeless. They don't even have to do anything wrong, just be homeless. I thought it was wrong to be prejudiced?

That's because the overwhelming majority of them are.

They should be institutionalized.
you should be

for being narrow minded and un-Christian

(things always look different when one is personally affected. If it 's someone else.. no problem!)

Why did these people become and stay homeless?
One of them was a victim of egregious child abuse/neglect.. Wait--both were.

They had trust issues. One had an extremely unfair landlord problem and decided homelessness was better than dealing with landlords who were likely criminally "mental" if you want to use that term. Believe it or not, there are more crazy people than the homeless. I say most crazy people have plenty of money and some have lost their souls and couldnt care less how they treat others. But some people here and elsewhere act like only the homeless are bad. Give me a break.

Murdaugh

I rest my case

Go to any area frequented by the homeless and it is more than obvious that these people are so mentally disturbed, they are only nominally people.
Right, let's dehumanize them so some day it will be ok to kill them. that was Hitler's thing: dehumanize the Jews, then kill them off.

Drugs.

If you have the time, watch the video, "Seattle Is Dying", which I posted a link to in post #11. The producers are an award winning ABC affiliate in Seattle and I have no reason to not trust their research. They followed a good number of the homeless in Downtown Seattle's urban core and explain pretty clearly how their findings point to the fact that that demographic of the homeless is virtually 100% affected by drug addiction.

Drugs was NOT the reason those people were homeless, the people I mentioned in my post. You didn't know those people, I am sure. They did not live in Seattle or anywhere near there.

they were both victims of egregious child abuse and had trust issues. And neither one of them used drugs or alcohol or smoked cigarettes. They both worked.

I'm sick and tired of people dehumanizing people just because they don't HAVE stuff. And that is exactly what is going on. Americans are spoiled. They are so used to having massive possessions, they think anyone who does not have them must be a freak. Maybe thye are the freaks?

Drugs was NOT the reason those people were homeless, the people I mentioned in my post. You didn't know those people, I am sure. They did not live in Seattle or anywhere near there.

they were both victims of egregious child abuse and had trust issues. And neither one of them used drugs or alcohol or smoked cigarettes. They both worked.

I'm sick and tired of people dehumanizing people just because they don't HAVE stuff. And that is exactly what is going on. Americans are spoiled. They are so used to having massive possessions, they think anyone who does not have them also must be a freak. Maybe thye are the freaks?

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

you should be

for being narrow minded and un-Christian

(things always look different when one is personally affected. If it 's someone else.. no problem!)

Piss off twit. I WAS homeless, once upon a time. I know more about it than you ever will.

Right, let's dehumanize them so some day it will be ok to kill them. that was Hitler's thing: dehumanize the Jews, then kill them off.
They have dehumanized themselves. The gibbering mentally ill and drug addicted can't possibly be compared to Jews calmly going about their daily lives. Everything gets compared to Jews no matter how stupid the comparison is.

Like any large group of people, the homeless are not a monolithic entity. They are a mixed bag of mentally ill, drugged out, or just destitute.
There are many reasons even besides those

Again, I've known at least 2 fairly well. No drugs, no drinking.. or smoking.. worked

They have dehumanized themselves. The gibbering mentally ill and drug addicted can't possibly be compared to Jews calmly going about their daily lives. Everything gets compared to Jews no matter how stupid the comparison is.
This is not true of ALL of them

Also, society is so insane, you can't be surprised weget this...

Just because someone is disturbed doesn't mean they lose all mental capacity so it looks like you are too quick to believe stereotypical nonsense about the homeless. It seems most people do the same.

As a Christian, I see all humans as equally loved by God.

I think that's a good place to stop, actually.
I believe my eyes.... I can see what is happening right in front of us.... people illegally homesteading in places they shouldn't... taking over parks sidewalks bushes along highways public parks and they meet up every day with their drug dealer of choice and its making them crazy....

There is nothing compassionate about lying to yourself about what is going on... these people need help that they do not want... compassion would be locking them up by force if necessary and treating them and teaching them how to take care of themselves...

The elected class and the so called homeless agencies make things worse... isn't that obvious?.... we need hospitals with two divisions one for lock up and forced treatment and the other for life preparation and treatment... and with on going counseling sessions after release....

The politicians say its too expensive... I say BS when you ad up what homelessness and drug addiction is costing society....

Forum List

Back