Tucker dismisses homeless people as mental. Oh-- He's a psychologist? He can diagnose whole swaths of people?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

I normally agree w/ Tucker but he has this weird attitude about the homeless. He should be saying to himself and anyone else who will listen "There but for the grace of God go I."

What if Murdoch hadn't given him his job? Oh, he had a good job before that? I hear he worked for CNN. Well, what if CNN had declined to employ him?

As the Bible says "What do you have that you have not been given?"

In any case, God bless Dr. Siegel (spelling?) who has a more humane approach. I like his ideas, have had some of them myself. Example: He mentions giving the homeless JOBS.

Last edited:
The new Meth being cooked and sold cheep is warping minds... go to any homeless camp and look at their faces... they have lost their minds... the sane ones find shelter and help and get back into society in short time... the others are sick and should be put into a mental hospital....

The new Meth being cooked and sold cheep is warping minds... go to any homeless camp and look at their faces... they have lost their minds... the sane ones find shelter and help and get back into society in short time... the others are sick and should be put into a mental hospital....
That is not true. You're buying into Tucker's bs. I've known homeless people. This one guy I knew had a high IQ, worked every day, minded his own business, adhered to the laws of society, never smoked or drank. And I know another one who pretty much fits the same description.

Inflation is ridiculous. Ditto the cost of rent , ditto food prices and everything else.

And some people do not have a high level of skill to do this or that job. There are, as Dr. Seigal points out, many factors that enter into the picture.

Tucker has yet to define: mental illness. If depression is mental illness, then every time you get depressed, you are mental, temporarily or whatever. Maybe some people who had troubling childhood or adolescent experiences are chronically troubled/disturbed/depressed. It is hard to be enthused about life when things go wrong right and left--or you feel that they do.

Frankly, I feel that people just want to dismiss the homeless because they think that gives them a perfect excuse to do nothing to help them. If it's "all their fault" then why would anyone else have to help them?

No, say most people, I have better things to do. I have to go grab a latte from the corner Starbucks or whatever...

Last edited:
That is not true. You're buying into Tucker's bs. I've known homeless people. This one guy I knew had a high IQ, worked every day, minded his own business, adhered to the laws of society, never smoked or drank. And I know another one who pretty much fits the same description.

Inflation is ridiculous. Ditto the cost of rent , ditto food prices and everything else.

And some people do not have a high level of skill to do this or that job. There are, as Dr. Seigal points out, many factors that enter into the picture.

What does an article about meth have to do with the topic? Not much. I know there are drug addicted homeless people.

Remember the president's son? Drug addict.. Was he homeless? But no one calls him mentally ill, do they? Money talks

This one guy I knew had a high IQ, worked every day, minded his own business, adhered to the laws of society, never smoked or drank.
No sane person would choose to live under a bush along side a highway.... if he was a naturalist he would be in nature... if he was sane he would be in a home or shelter... not all insane people look insane....
I knew a guy in high school that was a top student straight A's and universities were all over him with offers for a full ride....
He went into the forest instead and stayed there... I saw him a few years ago while traveling through Oregon and he was obviously disturbed... he recognized me which surprised me because he was talking to himself in front of a 7-11....

I normally agree w/ Tucker but he has this weird attitude about the homeless. He should be saying to himself and anyone else who will listen "There but for the grace of God go I."

What if Murdoch hadn't given him his job? Oh, he had a good job before that? I hear he worked for CNN. Well, what if CNN had declined to employ him?

In any case, God bless Dr. Siegel (spelling?) who has a more humane approach. I like his ideas, have had some of them myself. Example: He mentions giving the homeless JOBS.

That's because the overwhelming majority of them are.

They should be institutionalized.

What does an article about meth have to do with the topic? Not much. I know there are drug addicted homeless people.

Remember the president's son? Drug addict.. Was he homeless? But no one calls him mentally ill, do they? Money talks
The new meth is making people crazy... that's all I said... and there is the evidence.... completely sane and sound young people going insane from it... its very sad to watch...

~~~~~~
A portion of those homeless will react positively to the (quote) humane approach, a majority will not because of psychoses and addiction. Treatment is necessary for those unfortunate's which unable to cope.

I've known homeless people. This one guy I knew had a high IQ, worked every day, minded his own business, adhered to the laws of society, never smoked or drank. And I know another one who pretty much fits the same description.
Why did these people become and stay homeless?

I got stuck on a Greyhound bus with a seat-mate who was a tweaker, from Seattle to Olympia. There were no other seats for me to move to. It was the one time I almost assaulted a stranger and if I had wanted to, I could have had her arrested for assault, the way she was flailing. My only other option was to ask the driver to put her off the bus, but I didn't want to be responsible for putting her out in the middle of no where in that condition.

Almost inhuman. Just a complete zombie. I wasn't quite sure that she was even aware of the fact that I was sitting right next to her.

I lived for several years in the tweaker capitol of Washington State, Aberdeen, and there were monuments to the tweakers around town, like a bus shelter that someone had plowed into while driving a car under the influence.

There was a tweaker named Travis, who got semi-famous for appearing in this video at 14:40.

By the time the same production company made this follow up video, Travis had murdered his then girlfriend by using a hammer to drive a nail into her skull, and then drowned himself in a vat of industrial chemicals, as is explained by the producer and narrator, Eric Johnson , in the follow up video.

There is no reason to believe that there is anything that could have been done to save either Travis or his girlfriend, and there is no way to calculate how much damage either/both of them did to any innocent Seattle bystanders in the meantime.

I got stuck on a Greyhound bus with a seat-mate who was a tweaker, from Seattle to Olympia. There were no other seats for me to move to. It was the one time I almost assaulted a stranger and if I had wanted to, I could have had her arrested for assault, the way she was flailing. My only other option was to ask the driver to put her off the bus, but I didn't want to be responsible for putting her out in the middle of no where in that condition.

Almost inhuman. Just a complete zombie. I wasn't quite sure that she was even aware of the fact that I was sitting right next to her.

I lived for several years in the tweaker capitol of Washington state, Aberdeen, and there were monuments to the tweakers around town, like a bus shelter that someone had plowed into while driving a car.

There was a tweaker named Travis, who got semi-famous for appearing in this video at 14:40.

By the time the same production company made this follow up video, Travis had murdered his then girlfriend by using a hammer to drive a nail into her skull, and then drowned himself in a vat of industrial chemicals, as is explained by the producer and narrator, Eric Johnson , in the follow up video.

There is no reason to believe that there is anything that could have been done to save either Travis or his girlfriend, and there is no way to calculate how much damage either/both of them did to any innocent Seattle bystanders in the meantime.

Aberdeen is a hell hole today... my sister went to Evergreen state college and I visited her and she walked me through the campus one day... It was like walking into 1965....

Why did these people become and stay homeless?

Drugs.

If you have the time, watch the video, "Seattle Is Dying", which I posted a link to in post #11. The producers are an award winning ABC affiliate in Seattle and I have no reason to not trust their research. They followed a good number of the homeless in Downtown Seattle's urban core and explain pretty clearly how their findings point to the fact that that demographic of the homeless is virtually 100% affected by drug addiction.

~~~~~~
A portion of those homeless will react positively to the (quote) humane approach, a majority will not because of psychoses and addiction. Treatment is necessary for those unfortunate's which unable to cope.

I volunteered in a transitional housing program for homeless women in Seattle, and your post is 100% correct.

Drugs.

If you have the time, watch the video, "Seattle Is Dying", which I posted a link to in post #11. The producers are an award winning ABC affiliate in Seattle and I have no reason to not trust their research. They followed a good number of the homeless in Downtown Seattle's urban core and explain pretty clearly how their findings point to the fact that that demographic of the homeless is virtually 100% affected by drug addiction.

Great video I've watched it before...

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Like it or lump he is correct.

Not all homeless people are mental but the majority of them are. Either due to an actual mental health issue or because they baked their brains on drugs. Few truly homeless people are "normal".

It's kind of like when I was a nurse and I worked on a floor right next to mental health ward and quite often was called by them to help with problem patients and I made the statement most of them are just assholes, people who didn't work there thought I was a monster. But I was right, for every 1 true mental patient on that floor there were 10 that were drug addicts or someone from a jail that said they wanted to kill themselves just so they could get admitted to the hospital for a 72 hour hold/evaluation. I merely spoke about a floor in a normal hospital, this wasn't like a hardcore psych hospital.

A news reporter is more qualified to make that call on homeless people than you because they are surrounded by those stories, footage, being out in the field and so on. I doubt you ever spent any real time around any real homeless people.

Tucker has yet to define: mental illness. If depression is mental illness, then every time you get depressed, you are mental, temporarily or whatever. Maybe some people who had troubling childhood or adolescent experiences are chronically troubled/disturbed/depressed. It is hard to be enthused about life when things go wrong right and left--or you feel that they do.

Frankly, I feel that people just want to dismiss the homeless because they think that gives them a perfect excuse to do nothing to help them. If it's "all their fault" then why would anyone else have to help them?

No, say most people, I have better things to do. I have to go grab a latte from the corner Starbucks or whatever...
Like any large group of people, the homeless are not a monolithic entity. They are a mixed bag of mentally ill, drugged out, or just destitute.

Forum List

Back