TSA nazis harass Ron Paul and Family

Flying in a plane is a PRIVILAGE now? What f*ckin' country am I living in? :confused:

What LAW says the TSA has the right to search me? The Cops can't touch me unless they arrest me with either a Warrant or Probable Cause! How can these TSA perv's get away with it?

The TSA gets 40 hours of classroom training, that's all! They're not even sworn Officers.
Actually, on this point yes. Flying IS a privilege, not a right. What right covers flying in an airplane? I'm curious.
Are you insane? You call yourself "Conservative" yet you agree with the Police State?

Do even you read what you type? "What right covers flying in an airplane?" you ask? Ever heard of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution?

A Police Officer can't search you just because you're flying to Miami from L.A. Why is the TSA allowed to?

I ask you: What LAW allows the TSA to search you? Tell us.

Ive read the 4th amendment many times. I've used it in work many times to keep people from being prosecuted crimes that they were illegally searched and arrested for. Ive never seen anything about having a right to fly on an airplane.

Yes, and I would like to keep it that way

Want to re read that line again?
are you saying we are no safer now than we were before 9/11?
Go ahead I will give you a chance to correct your statement.

I haven't seen three thousand innocent people slaughtered....have you?

So you are going to stand behind your statement that we are no safer now, than we were before 9/11. So then you must think that Iraq and Afghanistan were fought for no purpose and did not make the US any safer.
OK your call

Want to re read that line again?
are you saying we are no safer now than we were before 9/11?
Go ahead I will give you a chance to correct your statement.

So you are going to stand behind your statement that we are no safer now, than we were before 9/11. So then you must think that Iraq and Afghanistan were fought for no purpose and did not make the US any safer.
OK your call

Iraq......no

A waste of 5000 additional American lives. Double down on stupid

OK your call

Iraq......no

A waste of 5000 additional American lives. Double down on stupid

Finally we agree on something.

Private plane they have no right over it. I love how they backed off when someone started filming. These nazis have no right to force us to be molested or given a nice dose of radiation so fuck them.

As unpleasant as it is, the actually do have the obligation under the law to due so. Of course, you don't really have a right to fly on an airplane either. That's a privilege.
Rights are made into Privilages by an out of control gov't that seeks to control all you do. You allow it by Consenting.

You have a Right to Travel where you want in the United States. The TSA isn't making it ANY safer for me by feeling my balls.

Are you insane? You call yourself "Conservative" yet you agree with the Police State?

Do even you read what you type? "What right covers flying in an airplane?" you ask? Ever heard of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution?

A Police Officer can't search you just because you're flying to Miami from L.A. Why is the TSA allowed to?

I made no comment on the TSA or searches. I specifically addressed your misguided notion that flying in and of itself is a right. it is not.

As for the 4th amendment, it doesn't apply...
Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
I see nothing in the text of the 4th amendment that says you have a right to fly in a commercial, or even private plane.
Yes, travel IS a Right. Whether you go by plane or boat or by foot, you have the right to chose where you wish to go and with whom you wish to associate with.

You left out an important part of that 4th Amendment (intentionally?):
"The Fourth Amendment applies to governmental searches and seizures, but not those done by private citizens OR organizations who are not acting on behalf of a government."

Let me explain it to you because you obviously have comprehension issues:

A City, State or Federal Cop needs Reasonable Suspicion or Probable Cause to search you. A Private Citizen (ME and YOU) do not!

I can, as a condition of entering my house, my car or my property, subject you to a search. I can pat you down before I let you on my Property.

The TSA CANNOT search you because they are acting on behalf of a Government! Every search they do is illegal and in violation of YOUR Constitutional Rights!

Rights are AFFIRMED when you EXERCISE THEM! They are TAKEN AWAY when you CONSENT!

STOP CONSENTING!

I made no comment on the TSA or searches. I specifically addressed your misguided notion that flying in and of itself is a right. it is not.

As for the 4th amendment, it doesn't apply...
Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
I see nothing in the text of the 4th amendment that says you have a right to fly in a commercial, or even private plane.

Yes, travel IS a Right.
Travel itself is a right. A particular mode of travel is not.

Whether you go by plane or boat or by foot, you have the right to chose where you wish to go and with whom you wish to associate with.
True. You have a right to go where you wish, and see who you want to. That does not equal the right to fly in an airplane. If I own an airplane, you do not have a 'right' to fly in it.

You left out an important part of that 4th Amendment (intentionally?):
"The Fourth Amendment applies to governmental searches and seizures, but not those done by private citizens OR organizations who are not acting on behalf of a government."
Show me that exact text in the 4th amendment please. You can't because it isn't IN the 4th amendment. You're interpreting the amendment, and claiming your interpretation is part of the 4th. It isn't.

Let me explain it to you because you obviously have comprehension issues:
You don't even know the text of the 4th amendment, and you want to claim 'I' had comprehension issues? :rofl:

A City, State or Federal Cop needs Reasonable Suspicion or Probable Cause to search you. A Private Citizen (ME and YOU) do not!
I never commented, not once in this thread, about searches. Strawman.

I can, as a condition of entering my house, my car or my property, subject you to a search. I can pat you down before I let you on my Property.
Not what we were discussing. We were discussing you're dumb ass comment that you have a 'right' to fly. Nothing more, nothing less.

The TSA CANNOT search you because they are acting on behalf of a Government! Every search they do is illegal and in violation of YOUR Constitutional Rights!
I have yet to venture an opinion on that subject. I was concentrating on your dumb ass comment that you have a 'right' to fly. Nothing else.

Rights are AFFIRMED when you EXERCISE THEM! They are TAKEN AWAY when you CONSENT!

STOP CONSENTING!
My comments in BLUE above, dumb ass.

Private plane they have no right over it. I love how they backed off when someone started filming. These nazis have no right to force us to be molested or given a nice dose of radiation so fuck them.

As unpleasant as it is, the actually do have the obligation under the law to due so. Of course, you don't really have a right to fly on an airplane either. That's a privilege.
Rights are made into Privilages by an out of control gov't that seeks to control all you do. You allow it by Consenting.

You have a Right to Travel where you want in the United States. The TSA isn't making it ANY safer for me by feeling my balls.

you certainly have a 'right' to travel wherever you want to go in this country.

The METHOD of travel is not a right... it is a privilege.

Actually, on this point yes. Flying IS a privilege, not a right. What right covers flying in an airplane? I'm curious.

Ive read the 4th amendment many times. I've used it in work many times to keep people from being prosecuted crimes that they were illegally searched and arrested for. Ive never seen anything about having a right to fly on an airplane.

Apparently, Mad cannot separate the right to actually travel, from the privilege of the METHOD of travel.

Its puzzling but surprising that the sheeple seem to think that because a corrupt law is passed by a corrupt congress that makes it right and we should obey it....Maybe its just me...

This nation has evolved into a herd of groveling lickspittles. Most people in this country aren't worth the stuff you scrape off your boots after you step in it.

Its puzzling but surprising that the sheeple seem to think that because a corrupt law is passed by a corrupt congress that makes it right and we should obey it....Maybe its just me...

Actually, that is the way it works

We elect our politicians to represent us. They legislate based on what they feel is best for the country. If we disagree, we don't elect them again

I know you are young....did you miss that 9-11 thing?

So if they repeal the Bill of Rights, you're OK with that?

You have a right to not be searched. That's what the 4th Amendment is all about. We didn't give up that right just because we want to get on an airplane. It's just another example where Congress used the commerce clause to ignore the BOR.

The government does not have the authority to search you without your permission.

End of story.

I have a right to contract with the airline company to fly in their airplane, per Article 1, Section 10.

The responsibility for security of their aircraft is theirs, not that of some fatassed douchebag bureaucrat at the TSA.

Actually, that is the way it works

We elect our politicians to represent us. They legislate based on what they feel is best for the country. If we disagree, we don't elect them again

I know you are young....did you miss that 9-11 thing?

So if they repeal the Bill of Rights, you're OK with that?
Legal Advice: Constitutional Law | Nebraska | Re: can congress repeal the bill of | LawGuru
The Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution (specifically, it is the first ten amendments) and, like any other part of the Constitution, can only be changed by amendment or by a constitutional convention. Congress cannot accomplish either of these things by itself.

Before an amendment can be added to the Constitution it must be approved by two thirds of both the Senate and the House of Representatives and must then be ratified by three fourths of the states (which works out to 38 of the 50).
You actually think that might could ever happen?

This...
A constitutional convention would have broader powers and could theoretically decide to scrap the Constitution entirely and replace it with a new one. (Many of the founding fathers expected this to happen periodically, and would be quite surprised to learn that the original Constitution remains in effect after 217 years.) The Fifth Amendment requires Congress to call a convention upon the application of two-thirds of the states, though this has never happened. Like the usual amendment process, the changes proposed by a convention would only take effect upon ratification by three quarters of the states.
...is even less likely to ever happen.

Horseshit.

Being searched is not a method of travel. The government could force evernone to be searched before they go into a grocery store and you would call it a "method of shopping."

Apparently, Mad cannot separate the right to actually travel, from the privilege of the METHOD of travel.
The rights to contract and freedom of exchange (i.e. fee for service) are rights, not privileges.

WTF is it with the love affair that so-called "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) have with the Department of Fatherland Security and the goddamn tyrannical TSA?

Apparently you can't. Being searched is not a method of travel.

Go back and read the thread.

At one point, Mad said he had 'a right to fly on an airplane'. He does not. He DOES have a right to ravel, but there is no 'right to fly on an airplane'.

I have yet to comment on the whole search thing, as I was concentrating on the 'right to fly on a plane' comment.

He is combining two separate issues... the METHOD of travel, and the searches the TSA performs. I kept them separate.

Forum List

Back