TSA nazis harass Ron Paul and Family

So if they repeal the Bill of Rights, you're OK with that?
Legal Advice: Constitutional Law | Nebraska | Re: can congress repeal the bill of | LawGuru
The Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution (specifically, it is the first ten amendments) and, like any other part of the Constitution, can only be changed by amendment or by a constitutional convention. Congress cannot accomplish either of these things by itself.

Before an amendment can be added to the Constitution it must be approved by two thirds of both the Senate and the House of Representatives and must then be ratified by three fourths of the states (which works out to 38 of the 50).

That's the theory. The reality is that Congress routinely ignores the Constitution. McCain/Feingold was a gross assault on the First Amendment. Most of the activity of most government regulatory agencies is unconstitutional. The EPA routinely violates propertyrights. The Clean Water Act is the worst example.

You actually think that might could ever happen?

it already has.

This...
A constitutional convention would have broader powers and could theoretically decide to scrap the Constitution entirely and replace it with a new one. (Many of the founding fathers expected this to happen periodically, and would be quite surprised to learn that the original Constitution remains in effect after 217 years.) The Fifth Amendment requires Congress to call a convention upon the application of two-thirds of the states, though this has never happened. Like the usual amendment process, the changes proposed by a convention would only take effect upon ratification by three quarters of the states.
...is even less likely to ever happen.

So? Did you see me proposing a Constitutional convention? The last thing I want is a bunch of sleazy politicians voting on whether to revise the Bill of Rights.

Last edited:
you certainly have a 'right' to travel wherever you want to go in this country.

The METHOD of travel is not a right... it is a privilege.

Horseshit.

Being searched is not a method of travel. The government could force evernone to be searched before they go into a grocery store and you would call it a "method of shopping."

Again, since you appear to be terminally stupid...

I was commenting on his 'right to fly on a plane' comment ONLY. METHOD... PLANE... get it?

I was not making ANY comment on the search issue.

That's the theory. The reality is that Congress routinely ignores the Constitution. McCain/Feingold was a gross assault on the First Amendment. Most of the activity of most government regulatory agencies is unconstitutional. The EPA routinely violates propertyrights. The Clean Water Act is the worst example.

it already has.

This...
A constitutional convention would have broader powers and could theoretically decide to scrap the Constitution entirely and replace it with a new one. (Many of the founding fathers expected this to happen periodically, and would be quite surprised to learn that the original Constitution remains in effect after 217 years.) The Fifth Amendment requires Congress to call a convention upon the application of two-thirds of the states, though this has never happened. Like the usual amendment process, the changes proposed by a convention would only take effect upon ratification by three quarters of the states.
...is even less likely to ever happen.

So? Did you see me proposing a Constitutional convention? The last thing I want is a bunch of sleazy politicians voting on whether to revise the Bill of Rights.

You said...

I was simply showing you how highly unlikely that possibility is.

Apparently, Mad cannot separate the right to actually travel, from the privilege of the METHOD of travel.

Apparently you can't. Being searched is not a method of travel.

Go back and read the thread.

At one point, Mad said he had 'a right to fly on an airplane'. He does not. He DOES have a right to ravel, but there is no 'right to fly on an airplane'.

Wrong. He has a right to use whatever mode he chooses.

I have yet to comment on the whole search thing, as I was concentrating on the 'right to fly on a plane' comment.

He is combining two separate issues... the METHOD of travel, and the searches the TSA performs. I kept them separate.

They aren't separate.

At one point, Mad said he had 'a right to fly on an airplane'. He does not. He DOES have a right to ravel, but there is no 'right to fly on an airplane'.

I have yet to comment on the whole search thing, as I was concentrating on the 'right to fly on a plane' comment.

He is combining two separate issues... the METHOD of travel, and the searches the TSA performs. I kept them separate.

They aren't separate.

So, he has a right to fly on any plane, regardless of what they owner says?

Apparently, Mad cannot separate the right to actually travel, from the privilege of the METHOD of travel.

He has the right to purchase passage on any mode of privately operated travel he wants.

Since when does the federal gubmint own all the airliners?...Why the hell are you talking like a liberoidal?

it already has.

You said...

Congress has aleady repealed the Bill of Rights almost entirely.

it already has.

You said...

Congress has aleady repealed the Bill of Rights almost entirely.

ok, you're a flake.

goodnight.

The rights to contract and freedom of exchange (i.e. fee for service) are rights, not privileges.

WTF is it with the love affair that so-called "conservatives" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) have with the Department of Fatherland Security and the goddamn tyrannical TSA?

Issues like this are where groveling conservatives differ from libertarians by revealing their statist cloven hoof.

Rights come from God not Governments. Gov't seeks to control us by making what is a RIGHT into a Privilege by attaching RESTRICTIONS or Taxes or Regulations upon what are our God Given Rights.

Englands' Divine Right of Kings (In order of Importance):
God
King
Gov't
The People

American System:
God
The People
Gov't

That was a Revolutionary Idea at the time and our forefathers fought to give us this Right.

STOP TRYING TO GIVE IT AWAY!

STOP CONSENTING TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS VIOLATED!

Last edited:
Got any evidence this actually happened? You know, from a credible source?

Is the Washington Times credible enough for you? If you are looking for other sources try googling it. I did.

Here's the link to the Washington Times piece...
TSA detains, interrogates Ron Paul's family and aides | Washington Times Communities

Funny how the words are a match of the Lew Rockwell link in the OP, and how the WT piece credits Lew Rockwell with giving them the information. In fact, the WT piece is almost an exact, word for word, copy of the Lew Rockwell website page.

Sorry, got anything that's not a direct copy from Rockwell?

Got any evidence this actually happened? You know, from a credible source?

Is the Washington Times credible enough for you? If you are looking for other sources try googling it. I did.

TSA detains, interrogates Ron Paul's family and aides | Washington Times Communities

Funny how the words are a match of the Lew Rockwell link in the OP, and how the WT piece credits Lew Rockwell with giving them the information. In fact, the WT piece is almost an exact, word for word, copy of the Lew Rockwell website page.

go to google.com type in ron paul tsa read the various links, maybe you will find one to your liking, maybe you won't but hopefully, you will come away with some more knowledge than you started with, if only knowing how to google something, that's an improvement.

For the slam I know is coming next, here are several more links:

Ron Paul Family Detained by TSA Again

TSA agents swarm Ron Paul's plane, demand explosives check

» TSA Harasses Ron Paul and His Wife in Florida Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Ron Paul, congressman and TSA critic, has plane takeoff delayed by TSA

surely all of those sources can't be wrong....

go to google.com type in ron paul tsa read the various links, maybe you will find one to your liking, maybe you won't but hopefully, you will come away with some more knowledge than you started with, if only knowing how to google something, that's an improvement.

For the slam I know is coming next, here are several more links:

Ron Paul Family Detained by TSA Again

TSA agents swarm Ron Paul's plane, demand explosives check

» TSA Harasses Ron Paul and His Wife in Florida Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Ron Paul, congressman and TSA critic, has plane takeoff delayed by TSA

surely all of those sources can't be wrong....

Yes, they can, since they all took the information from Rockwell's page and ran with it. And don't call me Shirley.

Try that same search on the NEWS tab in GOOGLE. Nothing from ANY mainstream media source. CBS, MSNBC, ABC, CNN, FOX... nothing. The ONLY sources reporting it are blog type sites and left or libertarian leaning sites, and they all got the info from Rockwell's page.

They aren't separate.

So, he has a right to fly on any plane, regardless of what they owner says?

No, regardless of what the government says, moron.

Try that same search on the NEWS tab in GOOGLE. Nothing from ANY mainstream media source. CBS, MSNBC, ABC, CNN, FOX... nothing. The ONLY sources reporting it are blog type sites and left or libertarian leaning sites, and they all got the info from Rockwell's page.

And that is surprising in what way?
Main Stream media is known for ignoring stories and hoping they will go away, then only reporting on the story after they get attention on the net and fail to go away.

And that is surprising in what way?
Main Stream media is known for ignoring stories and hoping they will go away, then only reporting on the story after they get attention on the net and fail to go away.

Do you REALLY think Ron Paul would not be screaming to high heaven, to every media outlet in creation, if this had actually happened?

Forum List

Back