TSA check point Charlie on Tennessee highways

So why hasn't Obama done away with all these "Police State" activities? You wanna' blame the TEA Party for that too?

Here's your chance to be intellectually honest.

He thinks it's all bushes and republicans fault.

Nope but they deserve most of the blame.
My point is that is is NOT Obama's fault as the OP and others opinioned.

And also as I previously explained, the Patriot act and the resulting DHS have been so intertwinned in other govt agencies that it is nearly impossible to remove.
And besides republicans obviously like it since TN is a republican controlled state.

Patriot Act nearly impossible to get rid of?

Patriot Act Extension Signed By Obama

Sure was easy for him to extend it. All he had to do was not sign it, or fight against it. That's what he would do if he was serious about getting rid of it.

But sh! The Huffington Post has an obvious conservative agenda, and would do anything to make Obama look bad! :eusa_shhh:

He thinks it's all bushes and republicans fault.

And also as I previously explained, the Patriot act and the resulting DHS have been so intertwinned in other govt agencies that it is nearly impossible to remove.
And besides republicans obviously like it since TN is a republican controlled state.

Sure was easy for him to extend it. All he had to do was not sign it, or fight against it. That's what he would do if he was serious about getting rid of it.

But sh! The Huffington Post has an obvious conservative agenda, and would do anything to make Obama look bad! :eusa_shhh:

If I was a supporter I would be really pissed at obama for signing something he did not agree with.

If I was a supporter I would be really pissed at obama for signing something he did not agree with.

Exactly. He ran against the patriot act. It was one of the main reasons why I voted for him (he hasn't held his promises on the other reasons either). He wont be receiving my vote again. And I don't think I'll be the only one either.

And yet....even denser than can be imagined. :lol::lol::lol:

You lost a bet to me but according to you I'm stupid? So you lost to someone who you think is inferior to you. I bet that is a sickening feeling? :lol: I bet you hate to see the words want to bet coming from me. :lol:
Don't let the assholes derail what has been a great thread BigReb. Don't listen to name calling and just make yer points.
Why do you think it's a great thread? The premise of the OP is wrong. The State of Tennessee voluntarily started using TSA at their weigh stations....I thought you righties were for state's rights.

:confused:

I agree but you need to stop talking about yourself like that.

And yet....even denser than can be imagined. :lol::lol::lol:

You lost a bet to me but according to you I'm stupid? So you lost to someone who you think is inferior to you. I bet that is a sickening feeling? :lol: I bet you hate to see the words want to bet coming from me. :lol:

Have you people ever seen such a sore Winner before in your lives? LittleReb is STILL whining and he WON the bet. :lol::lol::lol:

Not surprising to hear you wish for a military coup.

Since when has the government been held accountable for it's illegal actions?

Name them. Cite the law broken.

We could start with the ill-conceived and illegally conducted raid on Ruby Ridge where an FBI sniper took out a man's (Randy Weaver) wife and son for virtually nothing..

YOU --- ended up paying the court costs for that one and most charges were dropped. But I BELIEVE there was also a verdict for monetary compensation.. Held accountable? Naww all the culprits are still employed and promoted...

Since when has the government been held accountable for it's illegal actions?

We could start with the ill-conceived and illegally conducted raid on Ruby Ridge where an FBI sniper took out a man's (Randy Weaver) wife and son for virtually nothing..

YOU --- ended up paying the court costs for that one and most charges were dropped. But I BELIEVE there was also a verdict for monetary compensation.. Held accountable? Naww all the culprits are still employed and promoted...

There's many illegal acts out government has done. it's not just an obama george bush thing

:eusa_wall:
I apologize. I realize now I am arguing with morons. The metropolitan area of a city is not defined by its city limits. Just because Nashville is called "Metro Nashville/Davidson County" does not mean the limits of metropolitan Nashville are the county line. Davidson is only one of two counties in TN with that system, btw. Anyone name the other one?
http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/metroarea/stcbsa_pg/Nov2004/cbsa2004_TN.pdf

Oh really, dude? Sorry to break up the Wikipedia fantasy, but one of the counties of Metro-Nashville (per Wikipedia) is HICKMAN County...which is where I grew up. I lived there for 26 years. I never told anyone that I was from Nashville. I never considered Centerville, TN (home of the Grinder's Switch from the show Hee-Haw) part of Nashville.

New to the area? OMG!

I didnt think growing up in Hickman Co made someone a moron, as my wife's boss was the son of the CofChrist minister there and he's a pretty smart guy.
Maybe you're the exception.
The link is to the U.S. Census Bureau, which is not Wiki. The definition of a metropolitan area is pretty fixed, and M'boro, Spring Hill, even Columbia are all included in that. Maybe Hohenwald wouldn't count.

Wait a minute! What the hell does being a COC minister from Centerville have to do with the price of tea in China? My great-grandfather was a COC minister, who molested his daughters. I'm not impressed. I'm sure that I know the guy, and he knows me...considering that probably 80% of Hickman County is COC, and I was raised as such.

You talk about someone being dumb....you're culturally illiterate. I know three Jews, and they are all very smart. What happened to you?

:eusa_wall:

Oh really, dude? Sorry to break up the Wikipedia fantasy, but one of the counties of Metro-Nashville (per Wikipedia) is HICKMAN County...which is where I grew up. I lived there for 26 years. I never told anyone that I was from Nashville. I never considered Centerville, TN (home of the Grinder's Switch from the show Hee-Haw) part of Nashville.

New to the area? OMG!

I didnt think growing up in Hickman Co made someone a moron, as my wife's boss was the son of the CofChrist minister there and he's a pretty smart guy.
Maybe you're the exception.
The link is to the U.S. Census Bureau, which is not Wiki. The definition of a metropolitan area is pretty fixed, and M'boro, Spring Hill, even Columbia are all included in that. Maybe Hohenwald wouldn't count.

Wait a minute! What the hell does being a COC minister from Centerville have to do with the price of tea in China? My great-grandfather was a COC minister, who molested his daughters. I'm not impressed. I'm sure that I know the guy, and he knows me...considering that probably 80% of Hickman County is COC, and I was raised as such.

You talk about someone being dumb....you're culturally illiterate. I know three Jews, and they are all very smart. What happened to you?
I've known people from Centerville. They were all much smarter than you. Not that it would take much.
Stereotyping bigot much?

There's many illegal acts out government has done. it's not just an obama george bush thing
Been going on for 100 years...

And not only are you stereotyping my Christian faith, you are stereotyping the people of my hometown (of which you know nothing about). It would be like my saying that I know everything about your family, and your heritage...which I don't.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before you pulled this bullshit. It's the only way that you know how to win arguments.

But I challenge you to name three people that you know and whom you are friendly with, from Centerville. And if they are within 10 years of my age, I probably know them well. Will they be as flattering about your character as you are with theirs?

Police State Fascism Is Now Rampant: Martial Law Is Next!

by Gary D. Barnett

Currently, the state of Tennessee is acting as a testing ground for the federal government’s assault on the citizen’s right to privacy. TSA goons dressed in state sanctioned garb, and heavily armed "law enforcement" cretins with drug sniffing dogs, are harassing the people of Tennessee on interstate highways and bus stations. They are doing this of course all in the name of stopping terrorism. It is interesting how these state simpletons can at the same time terrorize the general populace while protecting them from terrorism.

The object of this charade of course is not to stop terrorism, but to intimidate (terrorize) the people, and to habituate them, so that they will come to expect and accept this kind of treatment in order to be "safe." This indoctrination training by the state is meant only to beat down the individual into submission, so that state thugs can gain more control. This is not a new concept, but in the U.S. today, police state abuses are not only greatly increasing in numbers, but also are becoming more invasive as every day passes."

by Gary D. Barnett

Currently, the state of Tennessee is acting as a testing ground for the federal government’s assault on the citizen’s right to privacy. TSA goons dressed in state sanctioned garb, and heavily armed "law enforcement" cretins with drug sniffing dogs, are harassing the people of Tennessee on interstate highways and bus stations. They are doing this of course all in the name of stopping terrorism. It is interesting how these state simpletons can at the same time terrorize the general populace while protecting them from terrorism.

The object of this charade of course is not to stop terrorism, but to intimidate (terrorize) the people, and to habituate them, so that they will come to expect and accept this kind of treatment in order to be "safe." This indoctrination training by the state is meant only to beat down the individual into submission, so that state thugs can gain more control. This is not a new concept, but in the U.S. today, police state abuses are not only greatly increasing in numbers, but also are becoming more invasive as every day passes."

It's Alex Jones but what the hell

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB46wIzreRk&feature=feedu]The TSA is Obama's "Secret Police" - Alex Jones Reports 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLKFvhw1X4&feature=feedu]The TSA is Obama's "Secret Police" - Alex Jones Reports 2/2 - YouTube[/ame]

by Gary D. Barnett

I honestly believe that this is to control the drug cartel population. If you haven't, watch Gangland-Los Zetas. If that episode doesn't give you bad feelings (especially when they show TN on the map of the trek that LZ regularly uses) then nothing will.

This is among the biggest national security threats that America faces.

And not only are you stereotyping my Christian faith, you are stereotyping the people of my hometown (of which you know nothing about). It would be like my saying that I know everything about your family, and your heritage...which I don't.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before you pulled this bullshit. It's the only way that you know how to win arguments.

But I challenge you to name three people that you know and whom you are friendly with, from Centerville. And if they are within 10 years of my age, I probably know them well. Will they be as flattering about your character as you are with theirs?

Geez what a moron. I'm ashamed to come from the same state.
I am not stereotyping your christian faith because I had no idea you were a christian. I am not stereotyping people from your HT because in fact I point out the three people I know, David, Allison, and Regina, are all pretty smart people.
You are a terrible loser. You lost the entire argument about metropolitan boundaries because you dont understand what a metro area is.
I am sorry for your ignorance. Maybe you rode the short bus to school.

They've taken so much of our rights away since 911. It does make you lean towards thinking 911 was a Government conspiracy. I usually avoid conspiracy theories but they sure did seize a whole lot of control after 911. We have far less rights than we had before 911. This is just another example of the encroaching Nanny State/Police State. They're locking American Citizens up for almost anything these days. They're very smart though. They control the Media. They keep Americans very ignorant by encouraging them to argue about who mows Mitt Romney's lawn and obsessing over which politician may have misspoken that day. Forget protesting Wall Street. All Americans should be protesting things like this instead.

by Gary D. Barnett

I honestly believe that this is to control the drug cartel population. If you haven't, watch Gangland-Los Zetas. If that episode doesn't give you bad feelings (especially when they show TN on the map of the trek that LZ regularly uses) then nothing will.

Yes so we harass citizens and leave the border open, then play catch and release. That one wasnt the right kind of illegal for arrest. But stopping grandma on the way to church, COULD BE A TERRORIST.

by Gary D. Barnett

Yes so we harass citizens and leave the border open, then play catch and release. That one wasnt the right kind of illegal for arrest. But stopping grandma on the way to church, COULD BE A TERRORIST.

Excellent point. Punish innocent American Citizens because the Politicians wont control our border? That's just awful. If they would stop playing politics and just control the border,our citizens wouldn't have to be punished. People really do need to think about their loss of rights since 911. Now that's something to protest. The Gestapo is now out on our roads. It just amazes me how so few Americans speak out against this kind of stuff.

And remember when the Democrats claimed they just hated the Patriot Act and were going to get rid of it? What happened with that? As soon as they got the power they actually strengthened the Patriot Act. Can't trust either party at this point unfortunately. Obviously they all play on the same team in the end. It really is sad.

Geez what a moron. I'm ashamed to come from the same state.
I am not stereotyping your christian faith because I had no idea you were a christian. I am not stereotyping people from your HT because in fact I point out the three people I know, David, Allison, and Regina, are all pretty smart people.
You are a terrible loser. You lost the entire argument about metropolitan boundaries because you dont understand what a metro area is.
I am sorry for your ignorance. Maybe you rode the short bus to school.

Ya, but you're not originally from Nashville, are ya? But Brooklyn. David, Allison, and Regina....wow. That really narrows it down. I know Elizabeth, Melanie, and Josh. Elizabeth's from Brooklyn.....AND YOU DON'T KNOW HER?

Hey, you pulled the religion card, so I can too.

I and everyone know that you get off on putting others down who don't agree with your extreme-right views. It's a well-known fact in Nashville. You probably know my father. And (though I hope not) have probably had civil conversations with him.

It's sad that someone your age is filled with nothing but hate, and his own business interests. God save the USA.

Forum List

Back