The TRUE cost of ousting Gaddafi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,915
    There are reports that between 20000 and 35000 shoulder fired surface to air rockets are missing. Many have been reported to have already appeared on the black markets.

Yes we spent very little money and lost no lives. "BUT" those weapons have yet had a chance to get into the wrong hands (we hope)

Soldiers of our armed forces are trained to face and secure such dangers. As it stands be you for this mission or not we had NO PLAN to deal with the possible end results. I hate to see any American life lost but at the rate we are going it may well end up being possibly thousands of innocent lives rather than hundreds of soldiers (who are paid and trained to face such risks)

This leading from behind without a thought about future outcomes is far more dangerous than most of you are willing to admit.

Thousands of rockets possibly equal how many airliners shot out of the sky?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4468597...ica/t/report-missiles-have-disappeared-libya/

Some 20,000 missiles have gone missing in Libya, ABC News reported Tuesday, raising fears that they have fallen into the wrong hands in an unstable region.

ABC News' Brian Ross reported that the disappearance of the weapons from unguarded warehouses was made public at a recent White House meeting.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,008
    How can you say such shit after what Bush did?

3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,915
    I'm not saying anything that isn't true. And if you think I am I challenge you to prove me wrong.

4. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,915
    My point is we have NO IDEA what the true cost in lives and money will be. Has everyone forgotten that we armed and empowered UBL?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Because a great victory for America is a defeat for the Republican Party.

6. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,915
    BULLSHIT

I am not the republican party. I am me. These are my concerns. Besides the GOP was split on this issue when it arose. Some were for, some were against. Personally I was indifferent but felt that if we go in we need to do it right.

7. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,915
    By the way Chris if you want to use a movie spy to characterize yourself you should use Mr. Bean

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  8. FactFinder

FactFinder VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Sounds like Hannity. Let's find the next fear mongering target to exploit. Geez. leave them the F alone and maybe they will leave us alone.

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    There are all sorts of un accounted for Weapons now. However the Stingers are clearly the biggest problem. Just a couple dozen of those in the wrong hands could be used to carry out a very large terrorists strike in which dozens of Flights are shot down across the US, or where ever.

As far as the cost of this one, Obama and the Dems are once again being totally dishonest.

did we stop calculating the cost of Iraq as soon as Saddam fell? I am more than sure we will make many Financial Commitments, and Spend much more money, trying to make sure Libya does not fall into Chaos. The Amount will probably Dwarf what we spent so far.

10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    So you are saying the US should not be concerned about 30,000 easy to use and very effective man carried Surface to Air Missiles not accounted for?

Man it must be nice to not worry about anything.

1 guy can take down a 757 On Take off or Landing with one of those things easy. They are truly a real threat, and it was extremely irresponsible of us to help Create a situation where they could end up in the hands of our enemies.